3rd Person

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Scrappitt

3rd Person

Post by Scrappitt »

I think that if a player uses 3rd person then they should show up on radar full time.
It is ridulous that players can hide behind things and still shoot you. Some of us have a hard enough time trying to see people as it is. :evil:

:shock:
Scrap

Officially Retired!
supreme

Re: 3rd Person

Post by supreme »

Scrappitt wrote:I think that if a player uses 3rd person then they should show up on radar full time.
It is ridulous that players can hide behind things and still shoot you. Some of us have a hard enough time trying to see people as it is. :evil:

haha, yes we need rats radar for free :mrgreen: :)
:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Scrappitt wrote:I think that if a player uses 3rd person then they should show up on radar full time.

But it is so fun to see them spin in circles looking for me! :sniper: :shock:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

Lenny

Post by Lenny »

I play in 3rd person all the time and I don't play like a rat in hiding.
There have been rats in this game long before 3rd person came along.
What Scrappitt and Topz really need is a Rat Radar. :mad:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
supreme

Post by supreme »

Lenny wrote:I play in 3rd person all the time and I don't play like a rat in hiding.
There have been rats in this game long before 3rd person came along.
What Scrappitt and Topz really need is a Rat Radar. :mad:
haha, well there are many who duck down in warehouse, buy armor , radar etc and attack on players in 3rd person mode, you cannot guess. Similarly many duck down in pistol and shotgun ammo place under the bazooka, And few at place of yellow flag area, pro ammo pack area, sitting down in grills over the 2nd, 3rd floor. hard to guess all the places. when you cannot hit them but they can hit you. :) This was the only example of NCY. So there must be some balance for 1st person and 3rd person. I hope lenny can understand now :)
:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

To me, in 3PS I like the fact that I have a wider field of view. Not so easy for skeletons to sneak up behind me. Lenny taught me this when I was first starting out. :baby:

And it also enables me to see over the fence I might duck behind while being shot at.

Hmmm... being shot at seems to be happening a lot more now! :lol:

Lenny

Post by Lenny »

In 3rd person it's a lot harder to aim (than it is in 1st) at the target.
That's your balance Supreme :smile:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
supreme

Post by supreme »

Lenny wrote:In 3rd person it's a lot harder to aim (than it is in 1st) at the target.
haaa, well i dont mind in getting shot from any 1st,2nd and 3rd person. But seriously when some player is duck down , they are like ghosts. You cannot see them. So its not the balance between 1st and 3rd person :) :cheers:
:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Those god damn dirty rats :roll:
Remus

Post by Remus »

Lenny wrote:In 3rd person it's a lot harder to aim (than it is in 1st) at the target.
In 3rd person there is also a FPS drop.
That's a legacy from Tomb Raider and Lara Croft. :lol:
Anyway, Simon is right: in 3rd person you have an advantage.
And that's because this game and all the maps have been designed for 1st person.
:cheers:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Remus wrote:
In 3rd person there is also a FPS drop.
That's a legacy from Tomb Raider and Lara Croft. :lol:
Anyway, Simon is right: in 3rd person you have an advantage.
And that's because this game and all the maps have been designed for 1st person.

SShhhh! Don't encourage him! :evil:

Lenny

Post by Lenny »

3rd person (good PC&Con = good fps) V 1st person (bad PC or Con = ok fps)
This is a match I enjoy and think is fair.
For me 3rd person is an advantage for players with good PC's & Con, and thats a good thing. :cheers:
JackFrost

Post by JackFrost »

if you place 3rd person on radar then that mode will not be used by anyone anymore!

but i got a better idea - why not make moderators to look like turkeys on radar? :mrgreen:
JackFrost

Post by JackFrost »

it tool me a long time to get use to 3rd person mode. my eyes are not to good - so this helps me play game because i have a better view. and to tell you the truth this is one reason i like playing hopeless 2.
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

JackFrost wrote:

if you place 3rd person on radar then that mode will not be used by anyone anymore!

but i got a better idea - why not make moderators to look like turkeys on radar? :mrgreen:
LOL :pompom:
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
skul

Post by skul »

• I like 3d and I use always.
JackFrost wrote:

supreme

Post by supreme »

skul wrote:
    • I like 3d and I use always.
JackFrost wrote:

was this funny?

Remus could you please make tomb raider players visible if they are hidden somewhere. I mean if they are behind some box but they can still shoot you and you cannot shoot that player as you are in first person and you cannot see that player head. Either make their head visible or put something over there head so that any player can know that there is something behind the box, under the window etc.
:
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

Maybe any marker in radar when they crouch.
i mean when they Click 'C'
:roll:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

But what is the difference if a character hides in a tree? We've all done this in FZC and fooled a noob for a while. Unless you scan across them with crosshairs, the player remains hidden.

I think it's a valid strategy to hide for a moment. Just like players that climb to the top floor of FZC or NCY and shoot down on others. Wider field of view and scope...eventually your location is discovered and they will launch an RPG at you. Or like crouching in the bugs and rats store. You'll get in a few kills, but eventually I am discovered and rooted out like the dog that I am. :mrgreen: :lol:

supreme

Post by supreme »

slapshot wrote:But what is the difference if a character hides in a tree? We've all done this in FZC and fooled a noob for a while. Unless you scan across them with crosshairs, the player remains hidden.

I think it's a valid strategy to hide for a moment. Just like players that climb to the top floor of FZC or NCY and shoot down on others. Wider field of view and scope...eventually your location is discovered and they will launch an RPG at you. Or like crouching in the bugs and rats store. You'll get in a few kills, but eventually I am discovered and rooted out like the dog that I am.
Hiding in a tree won't remove red aim from you, player can scan you moving gun :) but if you are in the box and firing the players out of box then its not good for the players who get shot from the player who is inside the box. any player's gun cannot point you. You have to buy radar, you will find landmine over there, so you would have to suicide once to reach that player who is duck down and firing from hole :P.

The only thing that i understand scrap wants to have that if someone is using 3rd person and acting as a rat then that 3rd person player should be somehow fat to be visible. Like if he is availing broader view, he should be looking broader as well :P ha.

For some players its not possible to use tomb raider because of pc and fps drop. So this might be a good thing if adjusted. :cheers:
:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

So 3rd person is a luxury for players with decent PC's that aren't messed up.
Is that a bad thing :?:
supreme

Post by supreme »

Lenny wrote:So 3rd person is a luxury for players with decent PC's that aren't messed up.
Is that a bad thing :?:
Yes its bad thing if most of players cannot use this luxury or cannot be a rat all the time :)
Is this the bad thing that we are asking to see the ghosts? (the rats who are under the ground)
:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Supreme, we have many ghosts in this game, most of them bcoz of messed up PC's and or bad connection. This can give them a big advantage :roll:
So players with good PC's and or connections should have an advantage also.

Maybe all the boxes in all camps should be reduced in height

I'm all for a happy camp :wink: :lol:
supreme

Post by supreme »

Lenny wrote:Supreme, we have many ghosts in this game, most of them bcoz of messed up PC's and or bad connection. This can give them a big advantage :roll:
So players with good PC's and or connections should have an advantage also.

Maybe all the boxes in all camps should be reduced in height

I'm all for a happy camp :wink: :lol:
From first post till end, i said that a player head should be visible if he is duck down and using 3rd person ( that 3rd person is allowing the player to aim without being visible a single hair of him). And I did not think that this point was of long discussion. To me and for many other players, if you cannot see a player in the box but he can see you without being visible and totally covered is like a ghost and can still aim at you and can kill you. I don't want to argue more. If you guys want to enjoy under the boxes then its fine. I still can kill all of you. no problem for me.

I raised this point just because i thought that all the brave players would agree and they won't mind if they can aim at some player, the other player can also aim at them in same way. No matter if he is in 1st person mode or 3rd person mode.

Anyways, you guys can decide. From onward i am not participating in this discussion. :)
I posted my point of view many times, may be i was unable to deliver the context correctly that i wanted to.

:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

I did not intend to argue. Only to debate. :cheers:
I am agreeable to lowering the wall heights. I believe most players do have a portion of their heads above the wall, but I could be wrong!

I tend to use the same character (#4 male) and I've seen others use it and the head is visible above the wall in Rats & Bugs store as well as the 2nd floor apartment (Ulubatli's apartment). But just barely visible!

I want all to feel that it is fair! :cheers:

Scrappitt

Post by Scrappitt »

Barely visible does not help people like me with poor graphics.
I rely on the cross hairs to show me wehere people are if over a medium/long distance. Do you think that I am alone?

If so then keep it as it is. :biggthumbsdown:

It is ridiculous :evil:

:cry:
Scrap

Officially Retired!
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

I agree 3rd person players should be able to be seen when they can shoot at you, but putting them on a constant radar is not the fix I think

Anyway it's easier now to find a 3rd rat with the red disco scanner, that is ever was to find 1st rat with no disco scan

I like the way the game is ATM
But Remus could do better :lol: :joker:
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Lenny wrote:I agree 3rd person players should be able to be seen when they can shoot at you, but putting them on a constant radar is not the fix I think

Anyway it's easier now to find a 3rd rat with the red disco scanner, that is ever was to find 1st rat with no disco scan

I like the way the game is ATM
But Remus could do better :lol: :joker:
Yes the big Boss could do better. Some more fine tunning is needed. Maybe the 3rd rat must have aureola on top of his head :whatis: or lower amount of ammo so he /she can reveal himself from time to time!
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien