voice chat

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Fuku

voice chat

Post by Fuku »

Hi all, what do you think about voice chat when playing in team modes like dom, ctf, free teams etc? That will be very usefull to talk about situation in camp without writing and be easy target for opponent. For online games like wot etc. players use team speaker, newest version TS3. I saw how it works in WOT, and im impress. Is it possible to use that in hopeless? To work properly we need only headphones with mic, or speakers and mic.
I always have you at gunpoint
Remus

Re: voice chat

Post by Remus »

Not enough server bandwidth (another dedicated server is needed).
The current MUS application does not allow voice chat.
The game has not been design to be a chat room.

Does it worth the effort?
:think:
supreme

Post by supreme »

Remus wrote:Not enough server bandwidth (another dedicated server is needed).
The current MUS application does not allow voice chat.
The game has not been design to be a chat room.

Does it worth the effort?
:think:
Yes Yes , i think this is exciting fearure , hehe.. well dont blame to my chatting thing please :oops: he he :P it will be interesting for players. and we have more than 2 servers.. So that will be good use of server for teams mode for the time being :P
:
troy1

Post by troy1 »

yes can u make it like xbox game with a mic and headset that would be amazing
Remus

Post by Remus »

supreme wrote:So that will be good use of server for teams mode for the time being
> 90% of the daily players are unregistered.
< 10% of the registered players are involved in team matches.
So we're talking about less than 1% of the players here.
How many of them want voice chat in a 1st person shooter?
10% is too much for sure.
Do you expect me to double the monthly hosting fee and to rewrite the entire game for 1 player of 1000?
Sorry, but I have much more important things to do this year.
:wink:
supreme

Post by supreme »

Remus wrote:
supreme wrote:So that will be good use of server for teams mode for the time being
> 90% of the daily players are unregistered.
< 10% of the registered players are involved in team matches.
So we're talking about less than 1% of the players here.
How many of them want voice chat in a 1st person shooter?
10% is too much for sure.
Do you expect me to double the monthly hosting fee and to rewrite the entire game for 1 player of 1000?
Sorry, but I have much more important things to do this year.
:(, i dint know tht it will make you rewrite all game plus double the hosting charges. i thought tht would be very attractive feature but i guess that could be done via other voip softwares :P just realized.
Sorrrrrrry :oops:
:
supreme

Post by supreme »

my sprint feature???????? smc, kin abc are big maps . well thts good thing.. i can run too without getting killed .. hehe. u know i am a good runner :P
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

supreme wrote:i thought tht would be very attractive feature but i guess that could be done via other voip softwares :P just realized.
No, it won't be.
It will turn the good connections into bad connections and it will raise the processing power demand.
And all of these for what?
Most of the players don't speak english anyway ...
supreme

Post by supreme »

Remus wrote:
supreme wrote:i thought tht would be very attractive feature but i guess that could be done via other voip softwares :P just realized.
No, it won't be.
It will turn the good connections into bad connections and it will raise the processing power demand.
And all of these for what?
Most of the players don't speak english anyway ...
well we can run English classes then :P haha
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

supreme wrote:well we can run English classes then :P haha
But Tomek gave me an idea for team matches ...
We can have predefined (8-10) messages to team mates.
And the fancy part: a sexy voice can read them.
So you can have text + sound for every message.
:mrgreen:
supreme

Post by supreme »

Remus wrote:
:P that would be cool, i was trying to upload some .3ga file but board dint allow me. haha so i guess its better not to upload :P
:
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

haha, what about using Skype in chat? But yes, all is about connection... On the other hand, H2 already has a chat outside a game so we could have a vpice chat there. :D And what about video calls, haha.
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

supreme wrote:
Remus wrote:
:P that would be cool, i was trying to upload some .3ga file but board dint allow me. haha so i guess its better not to upload :P
You mean, you try to upload the famouse song? Who let the dogs out?
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

freekarol wrote:haha, what about using Skype in chat? But yes, all is about connection... On the other hand, H2 already has a chat outside a game so we could have a vpice chat there. :D And what about video calls, haha.
He he he, Karol your idea is the best. Using Skype while playing is the same as using any other messanger, facebook, or similar programs ..... But there is something in your idea. Now the mighty Turks will become the poor dead Turks in any camp. Ahahahahahahahaaha (please good connection players from Turkey do not get offended by this statement)
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
supreme

Post by supreme »

supreme wrote:
Remus wrote:
mrgreen:
profesorhr wrote: You mean, you try to upload the famouse song? Who let the dogs out?
Nope. Sample messages :-P
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

freekarol wrote:And what about video calls, haha.
For a decent image quality, the players need 1Mb/s (upload !!!) connection speed.
99% of you don't have that connection speed.
Also, a very expensive (around 500 bucks/month) dedicated server is needed for that.

So maybe I will broadcast from my home something for you.
You go to the warehouse and see on the Poster/TV a kind of reality TV show with Remus.
:lol:
supreme

Post by supreme »

Remus wrote:
freekarol wrote:And what about video calls, haha.
For a decent image quality, the players need 1Mb/s (upload !!!) connection speed.
99% of you don't have that connection speed.
Also, a very expensive (around 500 bucks/month) dedicated server is needed for that.

So maybe I will broadcast from my home something for you.
You go to the warehouse and see on the Poster/TV a kind of reality TV show with Remus.
Ha ha ha
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

supreme wrote:i was trying to upload some .3ga file but board dint allow me. haha so i guess its better not to upload :P
http://forum.necromanthus.com/necroforu ... &topic=310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Remus wrote:
supreme wrote:i was trying to upload some .3ga file but board dint allow me. haha so i guess its better not to upload :P
http://forum.necromanthus.com/necroforu ... &topic=310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why to have a different forum to post sound files? All in one is much better. :D Anyway, you could test who would be able to open a .ga file, hehe. Do we need more proofs that nobody can be bored with Kiren? :agree:
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Remus wrote:

Is this really Kiren???
:lol: :lol:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

Remus

Post by Remus »

freekarol wrote:Why to have a different forum to post sound files? All in one is much better. :D
I agree with you.
However ...
NecroForum (developed by a moron) includes MP3 and Video Players.
This phpBB forum ... has nothing to do with me.
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

slapshot wrote:
Remus wrote:
Is this really Kiren???

Hahahaha, it looks and sounds like my navigation lady. Ahahahahahaha I don't know what to say... ahahahahahhahahahahaha :biggthumbsup:
supreme

Post by supreme »

slapshot wrote:
Remus wrote:
:lol
Is this really Kiren???
profesorhr wrote: Hahahaha, it looks and sounds like my navigation lady. Ahahahahahaha I don't know what to say... ahahahahahhahahahahaha :biggthumbsup:
these are navigational messages for camp. ha ha. :mrgreen:
i bet your navigational lady cant have such sound :twisted:
:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Remus wrote:
:lol: Hehehe! I can't stop listening!!!! :mrgreen:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

supreme

Post by supreme »

:
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

slapshot wrote:
Remus wrote:
Hehehe! I can't stop listening!!!! :mrgreen:
I can't stop laughing, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :baby:
supreme

Post by supreme »

This is piece of art. You cant ignore. Hehe
:
John_H

Post by John_H »

:biggthumbsup:
Brigata HG
Milan

Post by Milan »

Remus wrote:
Kiren sounds like an old granny who tells scary stories to her grandchildern :lol:
Milan
One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, better lock your door.
Five, six, grab your crucifix.
Seven, eight, gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, never sleep again..
supreme

Post by supreme »

Milan wrote:
Remus wrote:
Kiren sounds like an old granny who tells scary stories to her grandchildern :lol:
Indeed!
:
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Milan wrote:Kiren sounds like an old granny who tells scary stories to her grandchildern :lol:
Oh Milan you are back! At least on forum :mrgreen: . I think you should make same time to play at least 1 free team match with us. Regarding supreme, I would like to hear her singing while she is under shower. I heard it's much better than the demo she has sent us... Please feel free to listen to her.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eSrBtA ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

supreme

Post by supreme »

profesorhr wrote:
Milan wrote:Kiren sounds like an old granny who tells scary stories to her grandchildern :lol:
Oh Milan you are back! At least on forum :mrgreen: . I think you should make same time to play at least 1 free team match with us. Regarding supreme, I would like to hear her singing while she is under shower. I heard it's much better than the demo she has sent us... Please feel free to listen to her.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eSrBtA ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

haha, well i prefer to sing in kitchen .. thats not my cup of tea :wink:
: