Sprint

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
manga

Re: Sprint

Post by manga »

Timberwolf wrote:Good feature. I like that you can shoot and sprint at the same time. But it's difficult for me, and I imagine other guys with bigger hands, to use it.

I have to hold my hand up like a crab walk and twist my pinky around to press the shift at the same time I'm using w,a,d. And if I use my ring finger, then I lose strafe. :whatis:

Can we modify the sprint feature in the custom keys when it becomes permanent? I'd like to put it at V or B for me.
The best key to run E :biggthumbsup:
come to the baban
Remus

Post by Remus »

manga wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:Can we modify the sprint feature in the custom keys when it becomes permanent?
Just clear the browser cache (history) and reload the game.
:twisted:
andrey

Post by andrey »

NNNNNIIIICCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Remus wrote:
manga wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:Can we modify the sprint feature in the custom keys when it becomes permanent?
Just clear the browser cache (history) and reload the game.
:twisted:
I didnt have to clear any cache. Image
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

I LOVE this new enhancement! :biggthumbsup: But my first reaction is that the Sprint feature may be a bit too long, and maybe the regeneration is too short.
I will wait to see how others feel.
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

Remus

Post by Remus »

slapshot wrote:I LOVE this new enhancement! :biggthumbsup: But my first reaction is that the Sprint feature may be a bit too long, and maybe the regeneration is too short.
http://www.infdat.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=334" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:mrgreen:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Remus wrote:
slapshot wrote:I LOVE this new enhancement! :biggthumbsup: But my first reaction is that the Sprint feature may be a bit too long, and maybe the regeneration is too short.
http://www.infdat.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=334" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How dare I second guess you! :lol: :biggthumbsup:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Hi there,
I must point out that I agree with slap regarding amount of sprint and regeneration time. I would like to see slower regeneration time or sprint feature reduced to half or at least on 3/4 of time that is now.
Dear Remus, even you have been calculating this feature as best you know you should consider our experience in camps. Two heads knows better than one even that one is the mighty Remus :mrgreen: . Or just one more thought, enable this feature fully only in big camps and in smaller camps reduce it to proposed times. We can play few days with this setup for a few days to see is it better or not. Yes I know this is more programming for you but please take it as an extra trainning :mrgreen:
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
Remus

Post by Remus »

profesorhr wrote:I would like to see slower regeneration time or sprint feature reduced to half or at least on 3/4 of time that is now.
Dear Remus, even you have been calculating this feature as best you know you should consider our experience in camps. Two heads knows better than one even that one is the mighty Remus :mrgreen:
We already have 3 players with 3 different opinions.
It means the current approach is the best one.
Anyway, as I said before, everything has been calculated (for the ABC and SMC maps).
15 seconds run with 45 seconds regeneration is probably the best match.

profesorhr wrote:Or just one more thought, enable this feature fully only in big camps and in smaller camps reduce it to proposed times.
I already thought about that.
And it's a bad idea.
Why?
Because a feature is useful as long as the players get used to it.
Variable timings (based on the map size) is something not realistic and it will turn into annoying situations.
:cheers: