Frag count

Did you find a bug? Let us know about it.
slapshot

Frag count

Post by slapshot »

It seems that other players see a different frag count than I do. Sometimes I leave a camp, rejoin (or Topz007 leaves & rejoins) and Topz007 tells me my score is 0. Yet I might see 3 or 4.
Happened today and none of us left. Profesor sees 0, I see 2. I kill him, he sees 1, I see 3. Don't really think it's a bug so much as an enigma. :lol:
score issue.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

profesorhr

Re: Frag count

Post by profesorhr »

I can confirm this with print screen!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Seems to me that his counter has a lag?! After 10 sec of killing me he slap has a registered kill. That's good for my moral but bad for slapshot progress :mrgreen:
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
Remus

Post by Remus »

slapshot wrote:It seems that other players see a different frag count than I do. Sometimes I leave a camp, rejoin (or Topz007 leaves & rejoins) and Topz007 tells me my score is 0. Yet I might see 3 or 4.
Happened today and none of us left. Profesor sees 0, I see 2. I kill him, he sees 1, I see 3. Don't really think it's a bug so much as an enigma. :lol:
profesorhr wrote:Seems to me that his counter has a lag?! After 10 sec of killing me he slap has a registered kill. That's good for my moral but bad for slapshot progress
Indeed, the bug is on Steve's side.
:lol:
Every time you join a camp, you start with ZERO frags.
If you see something else, there is something wrong with your OS/browser/plugin.
If the other players get your score with a significant delay, your browser is buggy (wrong cache settings).

As I said several times before, I did notice a few bugs in Google Chrome.
I always got very good results with Firefox and Internet Explorer 6 (the Win XP one).
Internet Explorer 8 and newer versions might be buggy.
As general rule: browsers faster than others do not exist.
That's a marketing crap used to fool the noobs. :mrgreen:
That fake speed is caused by caching files.
And that's wrong because leads to outdated content.
You don't need fake browsing speed.
You need accurate content (always up to date).
:wink:
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

So basically what are you saying Remus is that Steve is to fast in killing me so his browser is not capable of registering the kill. Lol, I have to check Steve's score tomorrow. Maybe it will be accurate then :mrgreen:
Remus

Post by Remus »

profesorhr wrote:So basically what are you saying Remus is that Steve is to fast in killing me so his browser is not capable of registering the kill.
He does not broadcast the updated score.
I did notice this issue (from time to time) to a few USA players.
A few years ago, Josh (Timberwolf) had this problem in team matches.
The problem is related to their OS/browser catching or to their network (to Chicago).

When they have broadcasting issues, they also have big problems trying to kill other players.
The reason is obvious: they don't send all the damage data.
So for them most of the players are "immortals".
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

IE lags terribly for me. And Firefox always gives me the "right click" menu pop-up in the middle of a match and I can't exit from it. So I have to bail out and return to the game. I've yet to discover how to disable the right-click menu. Opera does the same. So I end up using Chrome, which performs the best. But yes, I'm surrounded by immortals! :cry: :evil:

freekarol

Post by freekarol »

slapshot wrote:IE lags terribly for me. And Firefox always gives me the "right click" menu pop-up in the middle of a match and I can't exit from it. So I have to bail out and return to the game. I've yet to discover how to disable the right-click menu. Opera does the same. So I end up using Chrome, which performs the best. But yes, I'm surrounded by immortals! :cry: :evil:
You must use an older version of Opera, current Opera is just Chrome called Opera. :lol:
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Or you can just use IE6 for playing the game like I do. For everything else I use Chrome. I tried playing with Chrome but sometimes (85% of the time) I don't see the players only theirs gun. Then it was to late for me to survive :wink: I even remembered once while playing against slapshot or better to say while playing against his gun (as I didn't see him at all) I was so frustrated. He was killing me big time and I did't see him at all. Then it struck me that I don't see him because of my buggy Chrome.
Question to Remus, freekarol, slapshot, Lenny is what if I install virtual XP machine with IE6 on my PC running WIN 7 and play the game. Is it possible to play normally or it will be buggy. Did someone tried this already? I would like to see some thoughts here :biggthumbsup:
Remus

Post by Remus »

profesorhr wrote: 1) Or you can just use IE6 for playing the game like I do. For everything else I use Chrome.

2) I tried playing with Chrome but sometimes (85% of the time) I don't see the players only theirs gun.

3) what if I install virtual XP machine with IE6 on my PC running WIN 7 and play the game.
Is it possible to play normally or it will be buggy. Did someone tried this already? I would like to see some thoughts here :biggthumbsup:
1) Yes, that's an option.
For the flash & shockwave plugins (and not only!), IE6 provides the best performances.
But IE6 is available on Windows XP only.

2) Yes, Google Chrome is buggy.
Sometimes I get invisible walls and buildings in certain maps.
But those walls and buildings exist in those locations, you just cannot see them! :lol:

3) Any kind of emulator (or virtual machine) is a recipe for troubles and failures.
Not to mention that it's a wasted processing power.
The best approach is a dual boot: Win 7 / Win XP.
I have it on all my computers for a long time ago.
:cheers:
manga

Post by manga »

Remus in my opinion I guess getting older slapshot eyes do not see well yes it was me a few times in usually in team matches or free team going :mrgreen:
come to the baban
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

manga wrote:Remus in my opinion I guess getting older slapshot eyes do not see well yes it was me a few times in usually in team matches or free team going :mrgreen:
What? With my new glasses, I can see much better!
images.jpg
man_wearing_thick_glasses_and_a_bow_tie_1797301.jpg
282163982_1379965239.jpg

freekarol

Post by freekarol »

profesorhr wrote:Or you can just use IE6 for playing the game like I do. For everything else I use Chrome. I tried playing with Chrome but sometimes (85% of the time) I don't see the players only theirs gun. Then it was to late for me to survive :wink: I even remembered once while playing against slapshot or better to say while playing against his gun (as I didn't see him at all) I was so frustrated. He was killing me big time and I did't see him at all. Then it struck me that I don't see him because of my buggy Chrome.
Question to Remus, freekarol, slapshot, Lenny is what if I install virtual XP machine with IE6 on my PC running WIN 7 and play the game. Is it possible to play normally or it will be buggy. Did someone tried this already? I would like to see some thoughts here :biggthumbsup:
IE is not secure. Lots of people, who understand windows security, recommend another web browser.

Everything works great in a virtual machine but you must have enough RAM and a good processor. If not, everything will be slow. You can try it, you have nothing to lose. :P
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Remus wrote:
profesorhr wrote: 1) Or you can just use IE6 for playing the game like I do. For everything else I use Chrome.

2) I tried playing with Chrome but sometimes (85% of the time) I don't see the players only theirs gun.

3) what if I install virtual XP machine with IE6 on my PC running WIN 7 and play the game.
Is it possible to play normally or it will be buggy. Did someone tried this already? I would like to see some thoughts here :biggthumbsup:
1) Yes, that's an option.
For the flash & shockwave plugins (and not only!), IE6 provides the best performances.
But IE6 is available on Windows XP only.

2) Yes, Google Chrome is buggy.
Sometimes I get invisible walls and buildings in certain maps.
But those walls and buildings exist in those locations, you just cannot see them! :lol:

3) Any kind of emulator (or virtual machine) is a recipe for troubles and failures.
Not to mention that it's a wasted processing power.
The best approach is a dual boot: Win 7 / Win XP.
I have it on all my computers for a long time ago.
Is it so difficult to announce problems with a Chrome to Google? Google can ignore the problems because it is focused on HTML5 that should be more secure than flash or shockwave player.

A primary reason to use a virtual machine is testing. Testing software or OS without affecting already installed OS. Paranoid people use it also for the internet because they want to have their OS free of viruses, malware or mess in registry.

Dual boot is best but not everyone wants to always restart Windows when switching to another OS. You know, not everyone has Windows that starts in 10 secunds. :lol:
Remus

Post by Remus »

freekarol wrote:Is it so difficult to announce problems with a Chrome to Google?
I've talked to their dev team a few years ago.
They blame Adobe.
Adobe blame Google.
And the bug is still there ...
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Remus wrote:
freekarol wrote:Is it so difficult to announce problems with a Chrome to Google?
I've talked to their dev team a few years ago.
They blame Adobe.
Adobe blame Google.
And the bug is still there ...
Haha. I remember you already wrote about it. I think Google just don't care because it doesn't want to support Adobe products. Like Apple has been doing for years. :P
Remus

Post by Remus »

freekarol wrote: I think Google just don't care because it doesn't want to support Adobe products.
Google Youtube depends on the Adobe flash plugin.
The Adobe shockwave plugin is bundled with Google Chrome.

Honestly, I smell incompetence ...
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Android is already without a flash player. Apple and Google don't like it. Why, that's another story. :lol: But it's hard to say whose bug it is.
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

freekarol wrote:Android is already without a flash player. Apple and Google don't like it. Why, that's another story. :lol: But it's hard to say whose bug it is.
Hmm,
seems to me that BUG is very popular IT magazine (http://www.bug.hr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) Maybe we have to write to them so they can write to Adobe who will then write to Google and who will finally correct the BUG that is bothering us for quite some time.

P.S. I bet Steve will be happier then :mrgreen:

Regarding the XP on virtual machine I just installed one on my home Win7 Enterprise Edition 64bit with 6 GB of RAM (I dedicated 2 GB to my virtual machine, and I did not install anything yet. It is a pure XP only with IE6). I will give it a try and tell you the outcome. So please if you find me immortal from time to time don't be pissed.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Can anyone suggest a better way to run the game without a partitioned drive? There's too many drawbacks of this for me.

Again today I tried Firefox and that bloody right-click menu opens every :censored: time I launch a grenade from the XM-29. :evil: Karol says his does not. Is there a fix for this? Older version I should download?

IE has serious lag issues as my fps IMMEDIATELY drops to the 30s as soon as another player enters the camp.

I'm convinced Chrome is a piece of :censored:, because as soon as I started using Mozilla, I could see the difference against so-called immortals.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Signed,
Seriously frustrated.

Remus

Post by Remus »

slapshot wrote:Again today I tried Firefox and that bloody right-click menu opens every :censored: time I launch a grenade from the XM-29. :evil: Karol says his does not. Is there a fix for this? Older version I should download?
Now I run the latest version (v29) and everything runs smooth.
But I didn't have your issue in any of the previous versions.
The game by itself disables the Firefox context menu (triggered by Right Mouse Click).
It's impossible to disable "Shift + Right Mouse Click", so pay attention and don't press them both at the same time during the game.
But even if you do that, just press the "Windows" key twice (it's near left 'Ctrl') to get rid of the Firefox context menu.
Now ...
If you get the Firefox context menu with Right Mouse Click only, there is something wrong with your Firefox settings.
You may try this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... nu-editor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Install it, click on Tools / Add-ons / Menu Editor 1.2.7 Options
and make the "Main context menu" invisible.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Remus wrote:
Now I run the latest version (v29) and everything runs smooth.
But I didn't have your issue in any of the previous versions.
The game by itself disables the Firefox context menu (triggered by Right Mouse Click).
It's impossible to disable "Shift + Right Mouse Click", so pay attention and don't press them both at the same time during the game.
But even if you do that, just press the "Windows" key twice (it's near left 'Ctrl') to get rid of the Firefox context menu.
Now ...
If you get the Firefox context menu with Right Mouse Click only, there is something wrong with your Firefox settings.
You may try this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... nu-editor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Install it, click on Tools / Add-ons / Menu Editor 1.2.7 Options
and make the "Main context menu" invisible.
:D I actually think it may have worked! (The add-on). I do use Shift +W when running, and of course in match play, I run a lot. (you know, charging aimlessly into the enemy like an idiot). So I would have been defeating the disabled context menu. I had read that however many times the menu is disabled, by pressing Shift + right click it would over-ride the web pages directive to disable it. But I just tried it and even when pressing shift + right click, it seems to have stopped the insanity!
Now I'm looking for prof... :whatis: :lol:

slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Update: I just played for 15 minutes in Infection with 3 - 4 players and Firefox is working beautifully! fps holding at 45 - 50. No glitch in chat. And best of all, some of the players who were a bit "immortal" are all dead. (Well, dying more easily) :lol:
I can't be happier with the browser performance!
Thank you Remus. You're a real life-saver.
:worship:

Signed,
Elated :mrgreen:

Topz007, if you think your gun is still loaded with corks, I think you should try Firefox. :wink:

Remus

Post by Remus »

slapshot wrote:Update: I just played for 15 minutes in Infection with 3 - 4 players and Firefox is working beautifully! fps holding at 45 - 50.
No glitch in chat. And best of all, some of the players who were a bit "immortal" are all dead.
(Well, dying more easily) :lol:
I can't be happier with the browser performance!
Thank you Remus. You're a real life-saver.
:biggthumbsup:
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Now I'm looking for prof... :whatis: :lol: [/color]
O boy I am toasted now :wink: Remus could you please ban Steve's account?

:mrgreen:

P.S. Steve I will talk to your boss. Starting tomorrow you have to show on work 1h sooner :-D
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

profesorhr wrote:

O boy I am toasted now :wink: Remus could you please ban Steve's account?

:mrgreen:

P.S. Steve I will talk to your boss. Starting tomorrow you have to show on work 1h sooner :-D
Is that why you were gone 1 h before I got into camp this morning prof ?coward! :whatis: You should have seen the look on sabotay, seddko, and kikidoce's faces. They left camp 2 minutes after I joined! :twisted:

profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

What will happen when I start to use XP virtual machine? Maybe I will be also virtual. Poor seddko, cagari, kikidoce, sabotay and By's :pompom: I think we finnaly have the winning formula against those bunch :agree:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

profesorhr wrote:What will happen when I start to use XP virtual machine? Maybe I will be also virtual. Poor seddko, cagari, kikidoce, sabotay and By's :pompom: I think we finnaly have the winning formula against those bunch :agree:
:agree: :sniper: