Camp Owners -Authority

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
JackFrost

Camp Owners -Authority

Post by JackFrost »

An Issue concerning new camp owners: what should be their rights! and authority? please give your response and opinion

when a camp is opened by a Elite player: should any players have power to mute owner and cause them to lose control of room! if the owner decides that a players is messing up game and making movements slow for others. he can out them! but if the player comes back and mutes him then owner cannot type or have control over room! i think the mute command should be changed for camp Owners, so they can keep room in order. "only moderators should have the power to mute camp owners" and players should not have that right? but they can mute each other but not the owner. so please voice you opinion!

JackFrost :police:
Timberwolf

Re: Camp Owners -Authority

Post by Timberwolf »

More often than not, the person in the top slot in the camp is not the rightful session owner. Sure, they have the top spot, but that usually happens because someone left and then someone entered, holding the top position when there are already players in the camp.

I've seen this many times. I'll be in a camp where the top guy leaves, and the new guy to come in immediately thinks he should get to lock the camp or whatever.

I've seen people throw out the person in the top spot in order to get the top spot.

So how about: The session owner's name in blue and that particular spot is immune to mute.

If anyone abuses the top spot, they can still be thrown out. But if the camp owner is actually the person who created the camp, and then a tool comes in (a tool I asked to be out of elite 4 months ago :lol: ), they shouldn't be able to mute the owner.

It is tricky due to the fact that there sometimes isn't going to be a rightful, tenured owner. Most will come in after the fact. But no muting I think.

If people want to boot them out, just boot them out.

Beyond that, just leave and start a new camp.

:cheers:
JackFrost

Post by JackFrost »

Timberwolf quote: So how about: The session owner's name in blue and that particular spot is immune to mute.

good idel! because some will come in and mute the owner! them camp owner cannot control camp and if owner abused his position then only moderator should be only one to re-leave camp owner....so camp is not took over by mad player! because if player gets mad because he must leave or be outed. let him go to other room . if camp owner cant open a new room and keep it running smooth then what is the point of opening a room!... my camp command was stolen by Deago ..he came into room muted me ..and i could do nothing i had no power over room? i left then had to come back he outed me again. so i came back again and outed him. i just wanted room to have 8 players . but he slowed it down real bad.

rule 1. the session owner's name in blue and that particular spot is immune to mute. anymore idels guys!
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

JackFrost wrote:Timberwolf quote: So how about: The session owner's name in blue and that particular spot is immune to mute.

good idel! because some will come in and mute the owner! them camp owner cannot control camp and if owner abused his position then only moderator should be only one to re-leave camp owner....so camp is not took over by mad player! because if player gets mad because he must leave or be outed. let him go to other room . if camp owner cant open a new room and keep it running smooth then what is the point of opening a room!... my camp command was stolen by Deago ..he came into room muted me ..and i could do nothing i had no power over room? i left then had to come back he outed me again. so i came back again and outed him. i just wanted room to have 8 players . but he slowed it down real bad.

rule 1. the session owner's name in blue and that particular spot is immune to mute. anymore idels guys!
I agree with you Jack,
here are my thoughts:

0. session owner can't be anybody with bad connection (if you are in the camp with bad connection you'll be automatically put in second or any other place when good connection players enter - don't know if this is possible but....)
1. session owner's name in blue color (or any other color but different from the rest of players, moderators)
2. session owner can't be muted (except from moderators)
3. if session owner abuses given powers he/she will be punished (maybe reduction of amo or some weapons for one day - moderators will be the judges if abusement of the given powers occurs)

Let's hope that in future it won't be any dispute and disagreements between players. If this is the case I wonder what's the purpose of playing the game. I think we are all here for fun and I belive when disputes starts all the fun go away for all of us! I can appeal to all of you who are playing the game to be considerate and tolernat.

profesorhr
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
supreme

Post by supreme »

I don't think there is any need to discuss this topic so much, just because someone muted someone. My point of view is: (if you want personalized camps) then a camp can be locked by owner and players should be able to send request from outside just like team alert that XYZ want to join the camp and if camp owner want then he/she can join that camp. I think this will resolve all problems , only problem would be for Remus, hehe , he would need to waste his mind resources in adding this feature :P

:
JackFrost

Post by JackFrost »

Remus suggested for me to place this subject in Feature Request:

Timberwolf> The session owner's name in blue and that particular spot is immune to mute.

profesorhr> you have some good Ideals! i thing were getting somewhere now?

supreme> you have some good points concerning this problem.
what this is about is that the camp owner should not be muted!
and lose control? to where owner is outed by player or can't type?

supreme> camp can be locked by owner and players should be able to send request from outside just like team alert that XYZ want to join the camp and if camp owner want then he/she can join that camp. good Ideal
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

I believe if you start a camp, you should not be asked to leave because other players want the camp to be "Elite". I was (politely) asked by Ovidiu to leave a camp I started because they wanted "Elite".

(And no Ovidiu, I am not offended)

By the way, thank you Timberwolf for requesting that I be added to the Elite list.

Your thoughts on this?
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

JackFrost

Post by JackFrost »

slapshot wrote:I believe if you start a camp, you should not be asked to leave because other players want the camp to be "Elite". I was (politely) asked by Ovidiu to leave a camp I started because they wanted "Elite".

By the way, thank you Timberwolf for requesting that I be added to the Elite list.

Your thoughts on this?

well slapshot if Ovidiu was the camp owner then Ovidiu could make it a Elite camp, to where only Elite players could enter room! but a room owner should have rights as a camp owner! if not then what is the purpose of opening a room and being session owner? but if you opened the room it should be you that was session owner if you are elite! but still she should have let you stay because you open room to start with.
players who are not elite because of bad connection sometime have an advantage over players with good connection. because its harder to kill them! so the fairness question i guess disappear for some?
simplysheikh

Post by simplysheikh »

so Elite players should Make the camp Elite Finally and be patient
Elite players should more help moderators :biggthumbsup:
indicate more Elite Players i hope very soon we will be used to elite camp :wink:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

simplysheikh wrote: so Elite players should Make the camp Elite Finally and be patient
Elite players should more help moderators
indicate more Elite Players i hope very soon we will be used to elite camp

I totally agree :biggthumbsup:
It's time to stop moaning and to start doing.
Remus can only do so much.
It's time for the veterans to pull there fingers out.
Josh has been asking for this for some time and he's right.
If you love this game, Then it time to prove it.

HOPE YOU AGREE
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
JackFrost

Post by JackFrost »

[quote="slapshot"]I believe if you start a camp, you should not be asked to leave because other players want the camp to be "Elite". I was (politely) asked by Ovidiu to leave a camp I started because they wanted "Elite".

Ovidiu outed me because i shot and killed her to much.
so i came back into room and outed her :whatis:
Hey Ovidiu I'm offended and will shoot your pig?
Remus

Post by Remus »

The camp owner cannot be muted anymore.
Clear the browser cache (history) and reload the game (webpage).
JackFrost

Post by JackFrost »

Remus wrote:The camp owner cannot be muted anymore.
Clear the browser cache (history) and reload the game (webpage).

thank you Remus. :cheers: