Optimal Game Experience

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
slapshot

Optimal Game Experience

Post by slapshot »

Remus wrote: For the flash & shockwave plugins (and not only!), IE6 provides the best performances.
But IE6 is available on Windows XP only.

Google Chrome is buggy.
Sometimes I get invisible walls and buildings in certain maps.
But those walls and buildings exist in those locations, you just cannot see them! :lol:

Any kind of emulator (or virtual machine) is a recipe for troubles and failures.
Not to mention that it's a wasted processing power.
The best approach is a dual boot: Win 7 / Win XP.
I have it on all my computers for a long time ago.
:cheers:
Remus wrote:
(If you have "right-click menu" issues while using Firefox:)
I run the latest version (v29) and everything runs smooth.
The game by itself disables the Firefox context menu (triggered by Right Mouse Click).
It's impossible to disable "Shift + Right Mouse Click", so pay attention and don't press them both at the same time during the game.
But even if you do that, just press the "Windows" key twice (it's near left 'Ctrl') to get rid of the Firefox context menu.
Now ...
If you get the Firefox context menu with Right Mouse Click only, there is something wrong with your Firefox settings.
You may try this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... nu-editor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Install it, click on Tools / Add-ons / Menu Editor 1.2.7 Options
and make the "Main context menu" invisible.

Once again, I can't say enough about the difference in my gameplay experience now that I am using the Firefox browser. I had used Chrome for a couple of years and thought it was fine. But now that I've successfully made the switch, it is so much better! I urge anyone who is currently using Chrome to either use IE6 (with Windows XP) or try Mozilla Firefox. If you have an issue with the right-click menu popping up, try the remedy above. It's definitely worth the effort to change!
:biggthumbsup:
:cheers:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

freekarol

Re: Optimal Game Experience

Post by freekarol »

Well, using IE 6 is like using Windows 95. Both are too primitive and unsecure. :P
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
Remus

Post by Remus »

freekarol wrote:Well, using IE 6 is like using Windows 95. Both are too primitive and unsecure. :P
As long as you don't visit crappy websites, you're safe with IE6.
I didn't have any security issue with this browser in the past 13 years.
In fact I didn't use it for general browsing.
It's the best (faster) when it comes to plugins (and you don't need additional "features" for that task).
:wink:
On the other hand, all the "modern" browsers are full of bloatware, adware and spyware.
Why do you think they are all FREE ?
:mrgreen:
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

How a normal user can know what website is crappy? It's impossible. Even an internet security expert can't tell which website is clean without taking a look at its code.

Can you tell me where Firefox has spyware, adware and bloatware?
Remus

Post by Remus »

freekarol wrote:Can you tell me where Firefox has spyware, adware and bloatware?
I use Firefox.
This is all I can tell you for now.
:twisted:
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

I use Firefox and older Opera. Opera was almost killed being Chrome Opera. And the latest version of Firefox shows us that Firefox will also be Chrome, Chrome Firefox. It's time to search another web browser. :lol: