The Lost Temple

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Remus

The Lost Temple

Post by Remus »

The map needs more optimizations and a few additional objects.
But any (smart) feature request is welcome.

Important notes:
1) this map has been designed for 2-4 players only (1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2).
2) Dragunov and RPG-7 are available for testing purposes only.
They don't fit here and they will be "locked" on this map (in a future update).

cheers
gcool101

H2MC screenshots

Post by gcool101 »

when today i was playing in free team ...i suddenly saw a bug or secreate passage to 3rd floor :mrgreen: ....near warehouse.but i stuck there for 2 min..and i shoot everybody....but when i tried again it not happend...i tried many time...even when i reached home i tried a lot..but i was loosing hope suddenly..i dont know how i reached here...diffrent world :mrgreen:
and this is not graphic card problem as i came out from wall....that was funney bit...but i dont know how to reach there again.. :sad:
Remus

Re: H2MC screenshots

Post by Remus »

gcool101 wrote:when today i was playing in free team ...i suddenly saw a bug or secreate passage to 3rd floor :mrgreen: ....near warehouse
I see ... so you want that underground bar. :mrgreen:
Honestly, this totally insane map needs a place where the players can take a rest and drink a coffee or a tea.
:wink:
Amanda

Re: The Lost Temple

Post by Amanda »

The map looks great.
The gameplay is good if there are less than 4 players.
Remus

Post by Remus »

Amanda wrote:The map looks great.
The gameplay is good if there are less than 4 players.
You are right, but I said that from beginning.
:wink:
Remus

Post by Remus »

Many good suggestions Josh.
Thanks.

ps.
I didn't notice any connection issues on the new server for kurt, mucaht, lemmen and simplysheikh.
In fact, now they have a better ping than yours.
kurt, mucaht & lemmen live in Europe and they have 80ms now.
:mrgreen:

ps.2
Yes, Skynet has a terrible connection (like always).
He sends 2-3 bullets at once!
:shock:
Scrappitt

Post by Scrappitt »

I can agree with most of Timbers ideas.

More ammo spots for MG3 is again the obvious one but the respawn time should maybe be kept the same if there are more places for it.

I can understand the 'Ban' button is probably not gonna happen as if it fell into the wrong hands it would be a very quiet camp.

How about the host of free teams being able to 'lock' the camp to others entering once the sides are sorted (or after the first 10 frags). This would stop any disruption from visitors. Also a score reset button would be handy but again this may be open to abuse by the cowards (or the brave; you know who).

Also the mods are already starting to take effect as some have the extra damage mod with just 1000 frags. It has only been online for 24 hrs so at an exponential rate I predict we shall have legends within a fortnight.
The 20% damage mod will kick in within a week.
Do we really need any mods except the regen and ammo ones at this point?

Do we need life/radar/armour in stores? I don't think so but I am personally not bothered if it is in there. You would lose more lives trying to get to it.

Your own bullets I think should count on your own players as this is a tactical aspect to remember. The 'I am dumb' text should be backed up with your team losing a frag otherwise there is no deterrent to shooting a crowd of both teams.

One more thing about stuff not finished yet so I may be jumping the gun.
The yellow is very bright in there. (It was very surreal to see Lara running around like a lighthouse when everyone else was green :shock: ).

And YES YES YES, ban the bad pings :mad:

Good work though Remus. Please dont take my ideas as critism, that certainly isn't meant, but as a catalyst to help towards the gameworld domination by Necromanthus :mrgreen:
Scrap

Officially Retired!
Remus

Post by Remus »

Many good ideas Simon.
Thanks.

Just two additional notes:
1) Nothing is (and cannot be) perfect in this world.
2) No matter what you'll do, at the end the world is divided into 3 kinds of people:
happy, neutral and upset.
But as long as you're happy, who cares about the rest?
Remus

Post by Remus »

Because in the past 24 hours I got a bunch of emails on the same subject(s):

1) "The Lost Temple" map has been designed for 2-4 players.
It has all the things StrykeMC never had: crazy action, no time to take a breath, perfect for 1_vs_1 and 2_vs_2 deathmatches.
2) Dragunov (the sniper rifle) and RPG-7 (the rocket launcher) have been included for testing purposes only.
They don't fit on this small map and they will be "locked" in a future update.
3) a SMC map will be ported on Hopeless 2. After that, StrykeMC will die (and rest in peace).
4) another map, designed for 6-8 players (gameplay based on strategy, snipers and bombers) will be available in a couple of months.
5) All the beta-testers start from 0 frags, because they must be equal, test the game and provide feedback.
At this stage we don't need "noob killers" and +20% Life or Damage Mod.
But you won't lose any frag from the previous StrykeMC game.
The databases will be merged after the beta stage is done and the SMC map ported on Hopeless 2.

cheers
Sjt_Fubar

Post by Sjt_Fubar »

My humble opinion so far... :D

I think this map is great for 1vs1 and 2vs2...as your intention.
I had a deathmatch vs Dicu, my compliments to this gentleman, and it was perfect. Very intense and extremly FUN!!

The lack of ammo, just gives the game a better play. More realistic, and a greater challenge. Whats fun with always have enough ?

Timber`s complaining regarding bad ping and fps and suggetion of banning players -I think is far out. This is an internetbased game, and we are all blessed by the traffic and its quality. Sometimes its good and sometimes its bad. I sincerly don`t belive anyone by purpose has bad ping...

Scrappitt`s suggetion regarding Free Team, is excelent! Beeing able to lock camp after team completion is a very good idea!

My regards to you Remus for the best birthday present EVER :cool:
Keep up the good work!
Remus

Post by Remus »

Thanks for feedback guys.
See beta 0.91

cheers
Remus

Post by Remus »

Josh is right.
Players with bad connections (not necessarily bad pings!) have unpredictable movement
and from time to time they send 2-3 bullets at once.
For these reasons they're hard to kill (and I'm talking about top players here)
in a face to face (machine guns only) combat.
But many of them are faithful players and/or our friends.
I cannot (don't want to) kick them out with a "connection speed" test (as long as they have <240ms ping).
On the upcoming maps (bigger, with sniper and rockets) they don't represent a real problem.
On this small and totally insane map, you have to become a jackal if you play against bad connections.
Stay away and let them smash their faces. The last one alive will have around 20-30 health.
Use the pistol and get your reward (for being patient).
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

it is great remus, but yes I agree with timber, simon and you about the bad pings it is not good for this camp especially when they come around a corner and next thing you know there behind you or above you
Scrappitt

Post by Scrappitt »

Don't worry Jacob, you have just played Maria and her awful ping, there aren't too many worse than hers. :wink:

ps. glad you're better and welcome back. :D
Scrap

Officially Retired!
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

thanks scrappitt, now I'm going to get myself some frags :)