Destructible Enviormennt

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
spacerocket

Destructible Enviormennt

Post by spacerocket »

Hey, Remus,

I was thinking about what new features would be good and I thought that having a destructible environment would be cool. What I mean is that you can shatter windows, (glass shards can cause A little damage when flying?), barrels that can explode/catch on fire briefly, (can kill instantly when close), empty boxes, barrels can fly around and break apart maybe. :sniper:

RPG-7 can cause same damage, but cooler explosion like brighter, a bit more heat.

PLEASE CONSIDER!!!
spacerocket
spacerocket

Re: Destructible Enviormennt

Post by spacerocket »

Also, speaking of RPGs- they should be a tiny bit faster
spacerocket

Destructible Enviormennt

Post by spacerocket »

I AM REPOSTING THIS BECAUSE I REPLIED TO MY OWN POST AND NOW IT IS NOT APPEARING IN THE UN ANSWERED POSTS SECTION

Hey, Remus,

I was thinking about what new features would be good and I thought that having a destructible environment would be cool. What I mean is that you can shatter windows, (glass shards can cause A little damage when flying?), barrels that can explode/catch on fire briefly, (can kill instantly when close), empty boxes, barrels can fly around and break apart maybe. :sniper:

RPG-7 can cause same damage, but cooler explosion like brighter, a bit more heat.

PLEASE CONSIDER!!!
spacerocket

Hey, Remus,

RPG-7 can cause same damage, but cooler explosion like brighter, a bit more heat. They also can be a tiny bit faster.

PLEASE CONSIDER!!!
spacerocket
Remus

Re: Destructible Enviormennt

Post by Remus »

spacerocket wrote:I was thinking about what new features would be good and I thought that having a destructible environment would be cool.
It would be cool, technically speaking it's possible, but ... no way! :mrgreen:
I have to remind you something very important: this is a browser based multiplayer game.
It's not a standalone multi-gigabytes game with full access to your system resources.
In a browser game, the access to system resources is (very) limited.
Destructible environment involves extra poly count, extra processing demand and extra network activity (everything is broadcasted).
I don't want to raise the system requirements to Core 2 Extreme, GTX 295 and ping <100ms. :mrgreen:
So the answer is NO.

Thanks for feedback anyway.
:wink: