Drop Weapon

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
skul

Drop Weapon

Post by skul »

Remus,
Is it possible to make some command with which we will be able to drop a weapon we don't want ? :sniper:

I'd like to drop a weapon that I don't want to have in that moment for any reason... sometimes we get a weapon that we don't want ... when we frag a player and we continue firing others and the weapon comes to our hands beacause we are too close and we can't avoid it when we are on heavy fire... would be very good to press a letter to drop it... why to drop? cause sometimes we press the wrong number and comes the weapon that we don't want. It doesn't metter the letter but just to be specific in this request I'd say letter "O". I say "we" cause I think its not just me that wants this...
Thank you for your attention! :biggthumbsup:
Remus

Re: Hopeless 2 (v2.37 - v2.38)

Post by Remus »

skul wrote:Remus,
Is it possible to make some command with which we will be able to drop a weapon we don't want ? :sniper:

I'd like to drop a weapon that I don't want to have in that moment for any reason...

It doesn't metter the letter but just to be specific in this request I'd say letter "O".
Of course it's possible, but it doesn't make any sense. :mrgreen:
I don't know any other game with 14 simultaneous weapons,
but in this game each weapon has its own slot.
So there is no need to drop anything.
On the other hand, you are asking for another key ("O") to drop the current weapon.
Now just think about, what's faster?
1) to press 1...5 to change the current weapon with something else
2) to press "O" to drop the current weapon and after that ...???
:lol:
In my opinion, all the games with a few weapon slots and the "drop weapon" feature have a design issue.
Not to mention that it's something annoying.
:cheers:
DeadlySpawn

Post by DeadlySpawn »

Remus wrote:

I'd like to drop a weapon that I don't want to have in that moment for any reason...

It doesn't metter the letter but just to be specific in this request I'd say letter "O".
On the other hand, you are asking for another key ("O") to drop the current weapon.
In my opinion, all the games with a few weapon slots and the "drop weapon" feature have a design issue.
I agree with skul, like when I want an Ak47 and I press 8, I go to AUG so have to press it again, eventually I die.
Spawn
skul

Post by skul »

Remus wrote:
Is it possible to make some command with which we will be able to drop a weapon we don't want ?

To tell you the true I'm not right what is the best or if there are more then one solution but I can tell what is not that good in some situation during the game... Let me try to explain more...

You are right when you say that is faster to press 1..5 but...
This command to drop weapon is NOT to be used when we are under fire ... this command is to prevent of getting a gun we don't want in the under fire moment... then when we are firing we don't need to worry on pressing the number of a wrong gun!

Let me try to expose other situation that is very close...

When we are under fire and we press the number to change the weapon and comes an empty weapon, at this moment we get killed before having time to press other number to other weapon.

Maybe a good improvement in this situation could be to go automatically to the next gun with ammo or just don't change, continue in the same.
And more, if the gun gets empty when we are firing it could automatically change to the next with ammo.

And another thing would be good is to choose wich gun that comes first when we press any number that has 2 guns.... like XM-29 and M4-Pro... I would choose M4 in first place.

Maybe the topic could change to "gun changing improvements"... i don't know if there is already some other topic about this. (sorry about my english)
:biggthumbsup:
skul

Post by skul »

skul wrote: And another thing would be good is to choose wich gun that comes first when we press any number that has 2 guns.... like XM-29 and M4-Pro... I would choose M4 in first place.
This could solve the DeadlySpawn problem and could be this solution instead of drop the weapon!
Remus

Post by Remus »

skul wrote:Let me try to expose other situation that is very close...

When we are under fire and we press the number to change the weapon and comes an empty weapon, at this moment we get killed before having time to press other number to other weapon.

Maybe a good improvement in this situation could be to go automatically to the next gun with ammo or just don't change, continue in the same.
And more, if the gun gets empty when we are firing it could automatically change to the next with ammo.
That's something else.
And it has nothing to do with "drop weapon" (bad designed game in my opinion :mrgreen: )

Talking about the selected weapons and ammo, here are two posssible good ideas:
1) you cannot change the current weapon to another one without ammo
2) you can define the "favorite weapon"
In the second case, the game needs some major changes (including the interface).

But in both cases, if you press on the wrong button, no one can help you. :lol:
Lenny

Re: Drop Weapon

Post by Lenny »

A choice of around 16 weapons, is a good thing, having to take all 16 weapons into camp, is not such a good thing. I would like to be able to choose my favourite 8 weapons, and set the keys 1 to 8

As for picking up weapons, how about press a key, if you want to pick up the weapon.

“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Remus

Post by Remus »

Lenny wrote:A choice of around 16 weapons, is a good thing, having to take all 16 weapons into camp, is not such a good thing. I would like to be able to choose my favourite 8 weapons, and set the keys 1 to 8

As for picking up weapons, how about press a key, if you want to pick up the weapon.
It's not so simple as it looks. :mrgreen:
The unregistered players have access to 6 weapons.
The registered players have access to 10 weapons.
With the Pro Package you have access to all 14 weapons.
:wink:
In any case, I told you about the "weapons set per map" concept more than a year ago.
And I'm going to implement it one day. :mrgreen:
skul

Post by skul »

Remus wrote:
skul wrote:Let me try to expose other situation that is very close...

That's something else.
And it has nothing to do with "drop weapon" (bad designed game in my opinion

Talking about the selected weapons and ammo, here are two posssible good ideas:
1) you cannot change the current weapon to another one without ammo
In the second case, the game needs some major changes (including the interface).

But in both cases, if you press on the wrong button, no one can help you. :lol:
Yes! You got it! That's it!
I just don't know much about games so I just gave an opinion of a solution that knew... thinking better it looks like droping the weapon is not an interesting solution!
Is it possible to have 1 and 2 ?
I agree, if we press on the wrong button no one can save us!! :lol:
Remus

Post by Remus »

skul wrote:Is it possible to have 1 and 2 ?
You have this feature for a long time ago.
In the starting menu click on "Weapons 1...8" button.
You can REdefine them all.
For example:
M4-Pro / XM-29 on key "1"
M-14 / AW-50 on key "2"
After that the game will select the best weapon in that "group".
For example if you press "1", you'll get XM-29.
If you press "1" again, you'll get M4-Pro.
skul

Post by skul »

Remus wrote:
skul wrote:Is it possible to have 1 and 2 ?
You have this feature for a long time ago.
In the starting menu click on "Weapons 1...8" button.
You can REdefine them all.
For example:
M4-Pro / XM-29 on key "1"
M-14 / AW-50 on key "2"
After that the game will select the best weapon in that "group".
For example if you press "1", you'll get XM-29.
If you press "1" again, you'll get M4-Pro.
Oh! I know this and changed all the numbers a long time ago too...
but I meant 1 and 2 of what you wrote... this.... :cheers:
Remus wrote:1) you cannot change the current weapon to another one without ammo
skul

Post by skul »

DeadlySpawn wrote:Remus can you have a choice on menu, Auto-Pickup ON or OFF because when I am shooting somone I run over a weapon like rpg, I swicth my weapion and die.
I got this from other topic but it fits here... it seems close to what Lenny wrote... I liked the idea of not being fraged while running over a weapon from someone we just fraged... the gun swicthes automatically and we get fraged... maybe if we just get the ammo of that gun would be better instead of changing automatically... any solution to don't swicth to the gun from the one we just fraged would be good here...
Remus

Post by Remus »

http://www.infdat.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=196" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:wink:
skul

Post by skul »

I appreciate that Remus!! Thank you again!!

How about now the switch automatically to the next not empty gun when it gets empty while firing ? It looks like a good idea to me.
:agree: :biggthumbsup: :cheers:
supreme

Post by supreme »

skul wrote:
I appreciate that Remus!! Thank you again!!

How about now the switch automatically to the next not empty gun when it gets empty while firing ? It looks like a good idea to me.
:agree: :biggthumbsup:
then game would be more like a bot rather than some fun when you don't have ammo and still firing with that gun. I think its more realistic to switch the gun on own rather than by game engine automatically. it would b more critical for you if your next gun is shotgun and you are in close combat. :)
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

supreme wrote:then game would be more like a bot rather than some fun when you don't have ammo and still firing with that gun. I think its more realistic to switch the gun on own rather than by game engine automatically. it would b more critical for you if your next gun is shotgun and you are in close combat. :)
As I said from beginning, in my opinion the games with "drop weapon" and "next weapon"
have design issues and also they're not very "smart". :mrgreen:
Both these features don't make any sense.
Just think about this (possible) sequence:
M-16, AW-50, RPG-7, XM-29
skul

Post by skul »

Remus wrote:
supreme wrote:then game would be more like a bot rather than some fun when you don't have ammo and still firing with that gun. I think its more realistic to switch the gun on own rather than by game engine automatically. it would b more critical for you if your next gun is shotgun and you are in close combat. :)
As I said from beginning, in my opinion the games with "drop weapon" and "next weapon"
have design issues and also they're not very "smart".
Both these features don't make any sense.
Just think about this (possible) sequence:
M-16, AW-50, RPG-7, XM-29
I understand yours points of view! :cry: :agree: :lol: