Graphics Card-Low profile Question

Talk about anything you like, but advertising is not allowed.
ZeronMan

Graphics Card-Low profile Question

Post by ZeronMan »

Been a loooooong time since I've been on THIS forum. :shock: But I would like to ask you experience gamers a card question. I have since upgraded to a refurbished Optiplex 745 PC with 256mb VM and 3.4 Ghz dual core processor. Not an extreme but the processor would handle a lot of games except for the card being weak. Could any of you suggest a low-profile card descent enough to be able to play more modern games (Not like BF3) such as GTAIV or FSX Acceleration etc. Not too expensive. I don't know currently the watt of my power supply but im assuming its 300 or a bit above since I've read reviews about cards that worked in the Optiplex 745. Is this card somewhat suitable http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=3669" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? It's probably not but if you could recommend one that has at least Pixel and Shader 2.0 or above, I'd be much obliged.

P.S: I'm much more mature than I was when I was 13 on here. :D
Target, 2 clicks out. Lock n’ load. Let’s look alive gentlemen.
Lenny

Re: Graphics Card-Low profile Question

Post by Lenny »

http://www.infdat.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ard#p40514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is a GeForce 8400GS better than a 8600GT :?: IDK.
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
supreme

Post by supreme »

Nvidia cards are best. While selecting any card, be sure of the link specified by Lenny . Also check that the bus speed. It should be more than 128-bit or atleast 128-bit bus of nvidia card. If you can wait for 1 more day then you will get expert level answer from Remus :)
:cheers:
:
ZeronMan

Post by ZeronMan »

Thank you both for replying and I will await Remus for wise options. Nvidia is definetly a great card!
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

I like my ATI Radeon HD 5670. It wasn't too expensive and works very well!
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

ZeronMan

Post by ZeronMan »

400 Watt or greater power supply recommended (500 Watt for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
That's the requirements for the card, unfortunately I only have a 280watt power supply. The max I could go would be a card that requires 300watts. Thank you for the input though!! :biggthumbsup: