Access to Beginner camps

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Remus

Access to Beginner camps

Post by Remus »

Starting with december 1st, you'll be able to buy the Pro Package with 30,000 points only.
Also, I want to restrict the access to the Beginner camps.
I still didn't decide the limit: 5,000 or 10,000 frags.
http://www.infdat.com/hopeless2/ranks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What do you think?

p.s.
The previous 500 frags limit was a bad choice.
There are a bunch of noobs with 500-1000 frags.
:mrgreen:
slapshot

Re: Access to Beginner camps

Post by slapshot »

Remus wrote:Starting with december 1st, you'll be able to buy the Pro Package with 30,000 points only.
http://www.infdat.com/hopeless2/ranks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What do you think?

p.s.
I think 5000. That first goal of 10,000 meant a lot to me. And it gave me much time to learn from the best players!
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

slapshot wrote:
Remus wrote:Starting with december 1st, you'll be able to buy the Pro Package with 30,000 points only.
What do you think?

p.s.
I think 5000. That first goal of 10,000 meant a lot to me. And it gave me much time to learn from the best players!

For me it's the same 5000 or 10000! But for the rest I think 5000 is enough!
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
juan507

Post by juan507 »

What do you think?

p.s.
10,000 it 's ok, just commenting
Fair Play ...... Not Cheat
Remus

Post by Remus »

At this moment there are 880 players with >5.000 frags and 537 players with >10,000 frags.
But only 40-50% of them are active.
On the other hand, every day there are "bad" hours (hours without many players).
So we have to think about all of these.
:cheers:
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Remus wrote:At this moment there are 880 players with >5.000 frags and 537 players with >10,000 frags.
But only 40-50% of them are active.
On the other hand, every day there are "bad" hours (hours without many players).
So we have to think about all of these.
You didn't tell us how many unregistered players is playing the game :mrgreen: ? Nothing to think about here! Put 1 month (or more, I am thinking 3 months) limit at 5000 and see what will be the outcome. If it's good than you can keep it if not you can change it easy.
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
Remus

Post by Remus »

profesorhr wrote:You didn't tell us how many unregistered players is playing the game :mrgreen: ?
I told you that several times before: >90% of the daily players are unregistered.
For this reason I decided a year ago to give access to all the players in the Beginner camps.
:wink:
But a bunch of "veterans" turned into noob killers. :whatis:
But maybe they have fun and that's all they can ... :lol:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Remus wrote: But a bunch of "veterans" turned into noob killers. :whatis:
I only kill the noobs that get between me and profesorhr. :sniper: :shock: :mrgreen:

supreme

Post by supreme »

i think 10000 would be ok, because no one would like to leave the school before O-levels :)
:
andrey

Post by andrey »

NICE dude, im off to free for all at last.
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
andrey

Post by andrey »

Maybe you can upgrade the ammo to like 20 rpgs each time you get them in free 4 all????
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
andrey

Post by andrey »

5,000 frags.
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
Sgt_Saunders

Post by Sgt_Saunders »

What ever the elders decide I am fine with. But to be honest when I get a chance to play the only reason I have from time to time in a beginners camp is because there is no one opening a free for all camp. Now I know I could open up a free for all camp, but most of the time I am sitting around shooting crows and chickens. By making the number of frags lower it will force more players in the free for all camps. Maybe you might spice things up in some if the camps and add some predator animals with point value, it would give me some thing else to shoot at why I am waiting Its just a thought..
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Command > free for all camp
This would clear the camp of only unregistered players :?:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Remus

Post by Remus »

Lenny wrote:Command > free for all camp
What's the point in kicking out the beginners from the Beginner camps?
:lol:
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Remus wrote:
NO POINT AT ALL!
Chomp

Post by Chomp »

I think 10,000 would be okay. Those with less than 10K will actually get frags quicker as they won't be killed so quickly by the more experienced players.
All you can do is all you can do.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

profesorhr wrote:
Remus wrote:
NO POINT AT ALL!
To change the camp from a beginners camp into a free for all camp.

What was the point of pushing all the veterans into beginners camp. Only to change things back again 6 months later.
I'm trying to come up with new ideas. I think trying to come up with new ideas is much better than just going round in circles. :roll:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Remus

Post by Remus »

Lenny wrote:To change the camp from a beginners camp into a free for all camp.
What was the point of pushing all the veterans into beginners camp. Only to change things back again 6 months later.
I'm trying to come up with new ideas. I think trying to come up with new ideas is much better than just going round in circles. :roll:
First of all, as I said before, >90% of the daily players are unregistered NEW players.
These players pay the monthly bills !
Secondly, to join a Beginner camp and to kick out the beginners it doesn't make any sense.
Thirdly, I do not want to change the things back.
A year ago, many players (including Kiren) asked me to allow access to all the players in the beginner camps.
I did it and it was a good move.
And I already told you the reason: every day there are "bad" hours (hours without many players).

Finally, what we're trying to do here is to bring more players in the "normal" camps (including team matches).
Also, we want to reduce the number of "noob killers".
These players maybe have fun, but they don't help the game.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Remus wrote:
Lenny wrote:To change the camp from a beginners camp into a free for all camp.
First of all, as I said before, >90% of the daily players are unregistered NEW players.
These players pay the monthly bills !
Secondly, to join a Beginner camp and to kick out the beginners it doesn't make any sense.
Thirdly, I do not want to change the things back.
A year ago, many players (including Kiren) asked me to allow access to all the players in the beginner camps.
I did it and it was a good move.
And I already told you the reason: every day there are "bad" hours (hours without many players).

Finally, what we're trying to do here is to bring more players in the "normal" camps (including team matches).
Also, we want to reduce the number of "noob killers".
These players maybe have fun, but they don't help the game.

In other words, to encourage unregistered players to become registered players.
:biggthumbsup:

supreme

Post by supreme »

Yes Slapshot is right.. I asked for same reason so that I can encourage players for registering. And about Lenny request.. I posted that request in a different way that instead of placing camps in categories.. place them at same place, and a camp could be ffa,beg1 etc. But there would be misuse of this thing for innocent noobs.
So here is other idea.. when you create a new camp, rather than creating directly,, a dialogbox can have options of beginner(default), free for all, Infection.. So we can see in one go that how many ffa, beg, inf are present and we can join them :)
:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

How about hearing from some of the other players on this topic? What could be done to convince all of these unregistered players to go ahead and register and become active members?

For example, when I find myself in a camp with 2 or 3 unregistered players I try to give them pointers, and tell them things that they would have if they join up. They can't answer back, so they are "forced" to read what I've said. SO I try to keep it positive. Tell them why to shoot chickens and crows, why to choose a certain color uniform in certain camps, that sort of things.

So what else could be done? Remus needs his bills to be paid so we can all continue to enjoy this game!!!

profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

So what else could be done? Remus needs his bills to be paid so we can all continue to enjoy this game!!!
:shock: I thought that he made this game just for the pleasure of all of us :mrgreen:
Remus

Post by Remus »

profesorhr wrote:
:shock: I thought that he made this game just for the pleasure of all of us :mrgreen:
I do it for your pleasure (4 years in february 2013). :mrgreen:
But who is paying the (expensive) hosting bill?
Albert Einstein?
:whatis:
andrey

Post by andrey »

Hey Remus, remember about what you said about upgrading apoclose city or whatever its called.About more rooms in the walls?? Well can you do the same thing to necro city the white buildings? Can you put hallways over there ?? I just think that it would be funner with more room to hide in. Thanks
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Remus wrote:
profesorhr wrote:
I do it for your pleasure (4 years in february 2013). mrgreen
But who is paying the (expensive) hosting bill?
Albert Einstein?
:whatis:
I know the truth. You have no hosting bills so nobody must give you money. Be like a charity. It also dont want money from its customers. :lol:
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

As far as I know, there are 3 reasons why experienced players enter noob camps:

1.they dont have a pro pack so they dont know who is online and where.
2.they dont want wait for hours in a different camp
3.they love killing inexperienced players
4.they want to teach noobs

Give those players reason(s) not to enter a noob camp anymore, Remus. A punishment wouldnt be a bad idea. :lol:
Remus

Post by Remus »

freekarol wrote:Give those players reason(s) not to enter a noob camp anymore, Remus.
A punishment wouldnt be a bad idea. :lol:
I gave them many reasons:
- 5 points per frag (instead of 10-15)
- no rank boosts
- no Pro weapons
- Run feature disabled

But these "veterans" are noob killers and not even GOD can change something about that.
So probably they need to be punished.
Something like "if you kill a noob, you lose a frag".
:lol: :lol:
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Remus wrote:
freekarol wrote:Give those players reason(s) not to enter a noob camp anymore, Remus.
A punishment wouldnt be a bad idea.
I gave them many reasons:
- 5 points per frag (instead of 10-15)
- no rank boosts
- no Pro weapons
- Run feature disabled

But these "veterans" are noob killers and not even GOD can change something about that.
So probably they need to be punished.
Something like "if you kill a noob, you lose a frag".
:lol: :lol:
:shock:
troy1

Post by troy1 »

when is it we cant enter begginer camp i cant wait
Remus

Post by Remus »

troy1 wrote:when is it we cant enter begginer camp i cant wait
At this moment it's not a good idea.
There are not enough daily players with over 5000 frags.
We'll reopen this subject next year.
andrey

Post by andrey »

When I was without the pro package, I didn't like the people who had the pro package because they were too hard to paly with.

And I went to the "Begginers" section and played there.
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
Sgt_Saunders

Post by Sgt_Saunders »

This reply is for Andrey, I understand your frustration when you don't have a Pro Pack and try to play with more season players and you feel like you can not compete. Let me tell you what I have learned, one when I first join the Hopeless 2 family I was just a noob as everyone else, but met some very good folks (players) in the game, some took the time to assist me in my learning of the game. When I did not earn my pro pack once I move to the free for all level (500 frags) I was on the losing end of many battles, but I did not get discouraged, I keep playing and learned. Today when there as been periods of time I do not have enough point to earn my pro pack I still compete in a free for all camp, players with pro packs still out gun me but by playing with less fire power I need to be smarter when playing the game to compete. This is also true when I compete with my Black Hawk teammates in team competition. I won't tell you that I have not played in a beginners camp from time to time, but its more because there are not enough players in free for all camps at the time I log on to play. Because I have been coaching youth sports for 40 years here where I live there has been times my teams were not as strong as the one I am playing at the time. I teach my players from the time they join my team about the importance of practice and learning from your opponent. In our case we get better over a season time. No matter what we do in life there will those who might have better skills than us, we have choices to make, we need to decide do we complain about our competitor, do we run away, or do we take a step back and learn how he or she reached such a high lever of skill. Continue to work and play hard and learn. I have enjoyed playing with you when you are in the camps I come in. Don't get discouraged.

See you in camp,
Sgt_Saunders
Chomp

Post by Chomp »

Suggestion: How about putting a donate button on the forum header? PayPal is very convenient.

I' have been playing for some time when I can and only have 3,000 + frags. 5,000 frags in beginners camp would be best from my point of view.

Can the game site be accessed from the forum site?

Thanks in advance for your reply. :biggthumbsup:
Remus

Post by Remus »

Chomp wrote:Suggestion: How about putting a donate button on the forum header? PayPal is very convenient.

I' have been playing for some time when I can and only have 3,000 + frags. 5,000 frags in beginners camp would be best from my point of view.

Thank you for supporting this game.
I'm preparing some goodies starting with the first SW v12 release (probably in january).
Also, in february 2013 we're going to celebrate the 4th anniversary.
For the real supporters of this game (and this community) I was thinking of:
a dedicated character, a dedicated weapon (I might enable the knife :mrgreen: ), a silencer and more.
troy1

Post by troy1 »

yes please do that remus that would be great how long will pro be on sale
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Chomp wrote:Suggestion: How about putting a donate button on the forum header? PayPal is very convenient.

Chomp, I like the way you think! Thanks for joining our little community. It's players/members like you that really keep this enjoyable!
:cheers: :biggthumbsup: :biggthumbsup:

Chomp

Post by Chomp »

Remus ~ looking forward to SW v12.

Slapshot ~ Thanks for the :biggthumbsup:
joui

beginners (AYUDA)

Post by joui »

tengo una pregunta y me interesa saber me estoy preocupando que el modo beginners no tengo acceso como otras jugadores y otros si . :?:

Si pudieran aclarar esto, no lo entiendo :worship: es un problema en mi computadora o es un cambio en el juego :?:
JOUI

Destruction_Squad
dragon_negro

Re: beginners (AYUDA)

Post by dragon_negro »

No lo se yo no puedo puntuar en infection pero si es algo en el juego supongo que remus lo arreglara si es que esta al alcanse de sus manos por lo tanto estare al pendiente por si estas jugando meternos al campo free for all
dragon_negro
joui

Post by joui »

dragon_negro wrote:No lo se yo no puedo puntuar en infection pero si es algo en el juego supongo que remus lo arreglara si es que esta al alcanse de sus manos por lo tanto estare al pendiente por si estas jugando meternos al campo free for all
bien gracias por tu opinión, creo que es un cambio.esperemo la respuesta de remus :biggthumbsup:
JOUI

Destruction_Squad
juan507

Post by juan507 »

estos campos ya estan blokeados
Fair Play ...... Not Cheat
alianzacopa

remus

Post by alianzacopa »

I nopuedo remus enter play with other players by q please I want very respectfully q please you can play with other players please pamper yourself goodbye I'm remus Alianzacopa
alianzacopa

remus

Post by alianzacopa »

remus: hola me first because I can play with beginners please you can play with beginners please Alianzacopa Take care bye :biggthumbsdown:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Remus, is it possible to restrict the number of frags (over 1 month)a player can make in beginners camp. Maybe 1,000 or 10,000.
Also, for this restriction to only apply to registered player with, let's say over 10,000 or 100,000 frags.
:?:
Remus

Post by Remus »

Lenny wrote:Remus, is it possible to restrict the number of frags (over 1 month)a player can make in beginners camp. Maybe 1,000 or 10,000.
Also, for this restriction to only apply to registered player with, let's say over 10,000 or 100,000 frags.
Do you want access for all in the Beginner camps again?
And to count their number of frags in the Beginner camps?
And if they reach a certain limit, they cannot access the Beginner camps anymore?
:?
That means to overload an already overloaded database with worthless things.
If there are not enough players in the Normal camps, maybe I should change the limit from 5000 to 1000.
In other words, if you have over 1000 frags, you cannot access the Beginner camps anymore.
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Remus wrote:
Lenny wrote:Remus, is it possible to restrict the number of frags (over 1 month)a player can make in beginners camp. Maybe 1,000 or 10,000.
Do you want access for all in the Beginner camps again?
And if they reach a certain limit, they cannot access the Beginner camps anymore?
:?
That means to overload an already overloaded database with worthless things.
If there are not enough players in the Normal camps, maybe I should change the limit from 5000 to 1000.
In other words, if you have over 1000 frags, you cannot access the Beginner camps anymore.
Blocking access to noob camps for players with 5k frags is enough for me. Now I can see more fights outside noob camps and I dont have to wait forever for others to enter my camp. :biggthumbsup:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Remus wrote:Do you want access for all in the Beginner camps again?
Yes that's what I said.
Remus wrote:That means to overload an already overloaded database with worthless things.
So that a NO, Ok no worries.
freekarol wrote:Blocking access to noob camps for players with 5k frags is enough for me. Now I can see more fights outside noob camps and I dont have to wait forever for others to enter my camp
I think everybody should have the option to play in beginners. Some players play when FFA activity in minimal, but with this philosophy, most veterans have become noob killers.
Maybe a player with over 10,000 frags should score 0 points in beginners. This would mean they have to pay to play beginners, or live without the pro pack.
Just a thought :cheers:
Remus

Post by Remus »

Lenny wrote:I think everybody should have the option to play in beginners. Some players play when FFA activity in minimal, but with this philosophy, most veterans have become noob killers.
Maybe a player with over 10,000 frags should score 0 points in beginners. This would mean they have to pay to play beginners, or live without the pro pack.
Just a thought :cheers:
I will think about all of these.
For almost 24 hours the limit is set to 1000 frags.
I did notice more activity in the normal camps (and team matches).
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

I will think about all of these.
For almost 24 hours the limit is set to 1000 frags.
I did notice more activity in the normal camps (and team matches).
Please keep the restrictions on! Let the noob train in beginners camp! If they train hard they can come to Free for all to play with the rest of us. Then they can see if they are good or excellent.