Weird Ping

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
Dorsai

Weird Ping

Post by Dorsai »

Over the past several weeks, I have been experiencing a ping of 159ms and over the past 4 - 5 days it has been consistent at that level.

What do needs to be known to help me remedy this problem?

:sniper:
No guns, no peace.
Know guns, know peace.
slapshot

Re: Weird Ping

Post by slapshot »

Dorsai wrote:Over the past several weeks, I have been experiencing a ping of 159ms and over the past 4 - 5 days it has been consistent at that level.

It's your new "normal" ping. Recently, to help even out gameplay against other players with less than nominal connection quality (immortal super_guc members) :mrgreen: Remus changed the default server to the Spain server. Now most of us have a ping around 158 or so. The game was designed for optimal ping at 79 - 200.
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

general48

Post by general48 »

slapshot wrote:
Dorsai wrote:Over the past several weeks, I have been experiencing a ping of 159ms and over the past 4 - 5 days it has been consistent at that level.

It's your new "normal" ping. Recently, to help even out gameplay against other players with less than nominal connection quality (immortal super_guc members) :mrgreen: Remus changed the default server to the Spain server. Now most of us have a ping around 158 or so. The game was designed for optimal ping at 79 - 200.
http://www.infdat.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... start=1475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cümleler doğrudur sen doğru isen
Doğruluk bulunmaz sen eğri isen
onomuno

Post by onomuno »

Empty promises nonsense words from our team your team into the game so did not even entering :!:
"NE MUTLU TÜRKÜM DİYENE"
onomuno

Post by onomuno »

How many people are going to play teams olds immortal words stupid to get our bellies full :whatis:
"NE MUTLU TÜRKÜM DİYENE"
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

Thanks, slapshot, for the info about the ping.

However, after just a few minutes of piay (sometimes just seconds), I keep getting kicked out of whatever camp i've entered. This has been happening several days and that is why I posted the question about the ping.

When my play is being terminated, there is a sharp chirp and then a message reading "Break Time" appears along with a number of seconds. I'm not keying in for a break because I never take breaks so that's not the problem.

Today it happened when the ping was 151, then 152, and finally 159.

Any ideas?

No guns, no peace.
Know guns, know peace.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

onomuno wrote:How many people are going to play teams olds immortal words stupid to get our bellies full :whatis:
It's a joke buddy, relax. :lol:

slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Dorsai wrote:Thanks, slapshot, for the info about the ping.

However, after just a few minutes of piay (sometimes just seconds), I keep getting kicked out of whatever camp i've entered. This has been happening several days and that is why I posted the question about the ping.

When my play is being terminated, there is a sharp chirp and then a message reading "Break Time" appears along with a number of seconds. I'm not keying in for a break because I never take breaks so that's not the problem.

Today it happened when the ping was 151, then 152, and finally 159.

Any ideas?

usually that's a sign of a connection issue, such as a millisecond break or drop from your IP. Make sure your malware scanner is up to date as well.