How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2020

News about Hopeless 2
User avatar
Remus
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 12:45

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Remus »

Leftoz wrote: i cant find a download link for explorer 11 32bit for windows 10 only for windows 7
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/hel ... xplorer-11
:wink:

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:
Leftoz wrote: i cant find a download link for explorer 11 32bit for windows 10 only for windows 7
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/hel ... xplorer-11
:wink:
thanks, but i just tested my mother's laptop from 2006 and it loads the website on internet explorer 8, i am trying to use a virtual machine just to play hopeless 2 the reason i wont play in the laptop is because it has 5fps lol. my brother made an account he is called itzparty and we are trying to play now im trying to use the virtual machine with windows 7 and download IE8 there, i will also try the link you sent me

User avatar
Remus
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 12:45

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Remus »

How do I access Internet explorer 32 bit on windows 10 (64 bit):
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/ ... 571d8008a8
:cheers:

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:How do I access Internet explorer 32 bit on windows 10 (64 bit):
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/ ... 571d8008a8
:cheers:
i tried this method yesterday as i was searching on how to use IE11 32 bit instead of 64 i tried it but didnt work, now i will send you some screenshots of what is happening

User avatar
Remus
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 12:45

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Remus »

The program you need is located here:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

:wink:

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:The program you need is located here:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

:wink:
how can i upload screenshots to show you?

User avatar
Remus
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 12:45

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Remus »

And here is the latest Shockwave full installer on Windows 10:
http://necromanthus.com/Games/ShockWave ... taller.zip
:cheers:

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:And here is the latest Shockwave full installer on Windows 10:
http://necromanthus.com/Games/ShockWave ... taller.zip
:cheers:
Access Denied !

(method not allowed)

by the way check the private messages i sent you its the screenshots

User avatar
Remus
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 12:45

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Remus »

Leftoz wrote: Access Denied !

(method not allowed)

by the way check the private messages i sent you its the screenshots
You have Windows (firewall) issues!

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:
Leftoz wrote: Access Denied !

(method not allowed)

by the way check the private messages i sent you its the screenshots
You have Windows (firewall) issues!
what do you mean? how can i fix it?

User avatar
Remus
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 12:45

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Remus »

Another option for Windows 10 is Firefox 52.9.0 ESR 32bit:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox ... 9.0esr.exe

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:Another option for Windows 10 is Firefox 52.9.0 ESR 32bit:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox ... 9.0esr.exe
i tried this method!!!! but firefox auto updates to the latest version even if i turn off autoupdates :shock:

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Leftoz wrote:
Remus wrote:Another option for Windows 10 is Firefox 52.9.0 ESR 32bit:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox ... 9.0esr.exe
i tried this method!!!! but firefox auto updates to the latest version even if i turn off autoupdates :shock:
when i load the website it just shows gray after adobe loads, and the game doesnt show up :mad: :sad:

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Leftoz wrote:
Leftoz wrote:
Remus wrote:Another option for Windows 10 is Firefox 52.9.0 ESR 32bit:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox ... 9.0esr.exe
i tried this method!!!! but firefox auto updates to the latest version even if i turn off autoupdates :shock:
when i load the website it just shows gray after adobe loads, and the game doesnt show up :mad: :sad:
omg now it says
The shockwave for Director plugin has crashed.
Reload the page to try again.

User avatar
Remus
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 12:45

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Remus »

Leftoz wrote:
Remus wrote:And here is the latest Shockwave full installer on Windows 10:
http://necromanthus.com/Games/ShockWave ... taller.zip
:cheers:
Access Denied !

(method not allowed)
It's a protection on necromanthus.com
Do in this way:
- right mouse click over the link and Save Link As ...
- paste that on the browser URL and press Enter.
:wink:

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:
Leftoz wrote:
Remus wrote:And here is the latest Shockwave full installer on Windows 10:
http://necromanthus.com/Games/ShockWave ... taller.zip
:cheers:
Access Denied !

(method not allowed)
It's a protection on necromanthus.com
Do in this way:
- right mouse click over the link and Save Link As ...
- paste that on the browser URL and press Enter.
:wink:
still the same, i just want to play this game so bad with my brother

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

right now i'm on my mother's laptop playing HOPELESS2 MERCENARY CAMP do you want to play with me? anyone?
SORRY WRONG TOPIC

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:
Leftoz wrote:playable in 2019? pls i loved the game
On the latest Windows 10 (1909) I get excellent results with the default Internet Explorer 11 (32bit):
Hopeless2_2019.jpg
:biggthumbsup:
i updated windows 10 to 1909 and its still the same with the default IE 11, idk if its 32 bit or 64bit but both from Program files and Program files(x86) its still the same, loading 100% shockwave and page refreshes on its own after it says A problem caused this webpage to reload

User avatar
Remus
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 12:45

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Remus »

Leftoz wrote:i updated windows 10 to 1909 and its still the same with the default IE 11, idk if its 32 bit or 64bit but both from Program files and Program files(x86) its still the same, loading 100% shockwave and page refreshes on its own after it says A problem caused this webpage to reload
I've just tested a new very cheap laptop (Core i3, 4GB RAM, Windows 10 - 1909) and it's working just fine (very stable and 50 FPS):
H2_SMC.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:
Leftoz wrote:i updated windows 10 to 1909 and its still the same with the default IE 11, idk if its 32 bit or 64bit but both from Program files and Program files(x86) its still the same, loading 100% shockwave and page refreshes on its own after it says A problem caused this webpage to reload
I've just tested a new very cheap laptop (Core i3, 4GB RAM, Windows 10 - 1909) and it's working just fine (very stable and 50 FPS):
H2_SMC.jpg
maybe the laptop is 32bit or IE is 32bit, i cant play this game unfortunately :( only if its downloadable or i find a way and fix the crashing on IE when loading the game

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:
Leftoz wrote:i updated windows 10 to 1909 and its still the same with the default IE 11, idk if its 32 bit or 64bit but both from Program files and Program files(x86) its still the same, loading 100% shockwave and page refreshes on its own after it says A problem caused this webpage to reload
I've just tested a new very cheap laptop (Core i3, 4GB RAM, Windows 10 - 1909) and it's working just fine (very stable and 50 FPS):
H2_SMC.jpg
i finally got it to work somehow with: IE11.0.10586.0 and WINDOWS 10 1511(build 10586.0) i will go play with my friend Squidal67 he likes the game too

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

well i updated windows to 1809 and now the game doesnt work, internet explorer crashes

User avatar
Remus
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 12:45

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Remus »

Leftoz wrote:well i updated windows to 1809 and now the game doesnt work, internet explorer crashes
Tested on 3 different machines with the latest Windows version and didn't notice any issue.

User avatar
freekarol
Posts: 1345
Joined: 13 Aug 2010, 12:55
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by freekarol »

"You don't need to download and install Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 because it's already installed."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads
Mentally strong people don't put others down..

Leftoz
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Dec 2019, 17:36
Location: Greece

Re: How to play Hopeless 2 (Shockwave 3D games) in 2017

Post by Leftoz »

Remus wrote:
Leftoz wrote:well i updated windows to 1809 and now the game doesnt work, internet explorer crashes
Tested on 3 different machines with the latest Windows version and didn't notice any issue.
bro i dont know dude, whatever is older for me works

Post Reply