BadLang / Elite / Bonus

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
devo

Re: BadLang / Elite / Bonus

Post by devo »

i agree with slapshot, most players from Turkey always display the actions of "immortals" u have to shot them a hundred times before they die, and their avatar moves at lightening speeds, which if given a bonus on top of that will make them "super immortals" i welcome other players having the bonus, and have nothing against Turkish players or other country's that have "immortal connections". however giving the BONUS to players who already have great connections, speed and are hard to die makes them "SUPER IMMORTALS" which puts most of the other players at a disadvantage. So that puts us between a Rock and a Hard place when making such decisions.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

devo wrote:i agree with slapshot, most players from Turkey always display the actions of "immortals" u have to shot them a hundred times before they die, and their avatar moves at lightening speeds, which if given a bonus on top of that will make them "super immortals" i welcome other players having the bonus, and have nothing against Turkish players or other country's that have "immortal connections". however giving the BONUS to players who already have great connections, speed and are hard to die makes them "SUPER IMMORTALS" which puts most of the other players at a disadvantage. So that puts us between a Rock and a Hard place when making such decisions.
Thank you Devo. Well said.
And this is exactly why we wanted to put this up to vote. It is very difficult to be fair with this decision. But it has made us aware that the "Bonus" may not be a perfect and fair thing at all. We are currently making some strong considerations as to how we can balance this out so that honest, good-contributing players like onurkral can be rewarded with something. Stay tuned to this topic for more developments.

Onurkral, please be patient while we consider revisions to this. :cheers:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

freekarol

Post by freekarol »

I like the way Devo wrote his comment. Isn't Devo an adult? Because he doesn't type like other kids here...

I think that players, who have a good attitude, should be rewarded. I think we must make something up.
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

freekarol wrote:I like the way Devo wrote his comment. Isn't Devo an adult? :lol:
Because he doesn't type like other kids here...
:agree:
freekarol wrote:I think that players, who have a good attitude, should be rewarded. I think we must make something up.
Absolutely. :agree:

devo

Post by devo »

yes freekarol i am an adult by age but a kid and gamer at heart and actions.lo :agree:
hawk

Post by hawk »

devo wrote:yes freekarol i am an adult by age but a kid and gamer at heart and actions.lo :agree:
:biggthumbsup: Best way to be,grow older and stay young at heart.
Feel the fear and do it anyway
devo

Post by devo »

I agree with u 100% hawk :cheers:
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Devo, there is a saying that there is a boy inside every man. I think we know how men can play like kids. :P
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

onurkral wrote:I want to apply for the Bonus. I think my connection is good.
Please be patient with us onurkral, we have not forgotten this request. We are currently discussing a better Bonus system that is fair for everyone.

The original "Bonus" was probably inaptly named. It is more of a "handicap" for players with optimal connection quality in an attempt to provide equality against players with less than optimal connection quality (at that time, some of the countries included India, Mexico, Turkey, and others.)

While we may continue this "boost" (it's under discussion as well). We feel there should be a "Bonus" available to good, honest contributing members that is fitting and fair to everyone. So we are trying to devise such a thing. If anyone has ideas of what this "Bonus" would include, please feel free to comment.

:cheers:

onurkral

Post by onurkral »

I wait patiently . No problem , I'm sure you fair to be . Thank you :) :cheers:
_Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom._ _-_ SHY_TEDS_-_
onomuno

Post by onomuno »

I want to elit :biggthumbsup: :cheers:
"NE MUTLU TÜRKÜM DİYENE"
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

We don't have an Elit list :? :think:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Onomuno wants to be an extra player viz:
http://goo.gl/j2HByN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onomuno

Post by onomuno »

Thanks ur Moderators Remus :cheers:
"NE MUTLU TÜRKÜM DİYENE"
jb7

Post by jb7 »

elite bonus ruins the game. bonus should be reward for superior play, not for playing nice to a mod. you will end up running off gamers like me. i don't want some random bonus for nothing. please consider dropping it.
hawk

Post by hawk »

jb7 wrote:elite bonus ruins the game. bonus should be reward for superior play, not for playing nice to a mod. you will end up running off gamers like me. i don't want some random bonus for nothing. please consider dropping it.
:smile: Elite and the bonus is for players who have a very nice attitude towards everyone who plays,this is respect for everyone,and this is looked upon as superior play.
I just could not see the elite or bonus going to a player who plays better than most but who also does not have a very nice attitude towards others.
The bonus is no a random thing,and is only given to the players that have a very nice attitude ,and these players have to be voted by the mods.
It is not about being nice to a mod it is being nice to everyone in the game and the forums.
This being nice attitude is something most of us players respect.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

jb7 wrote:elite bonus ruins the game. bonus should be reward for superior play, not for playing nice to a mod. you will end up running off gamers like me. i don't want some random bonus for nothing. please consider dropping it.
jb7 I think this is the first I've seen a post from you. I can assure that no one is trying to run off players. Here's the run-down from the man himself, Remus, supreme ruler, almighty and creator of this game:
Remus wrote:Clear the browser cache and reload the game.
It's time for a fresh start:
http://www.infdat.com/hopeless2/HMCinfos.php?op=extra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BadLang
Players with very bad language.
They cannot use the in-game chat.
The moderators and the players marked "elite" will nominate them.
3 votes are needed.

Elite
Requirements:
- active players (>500 frags in the current month)
- nice folks with good attitude
- forum members & community contributors
What do they get:
3 crows per DS
elite camps
party girls

They must ask for the "elite" label, the moderators (or the admin) must approve their requests.

Bonus
Requirements: "elite" label plus good connection
What do they get:
+10% Life
+10% Armor
+10% Damage

The moderators will nominate these players (2 votes are needed)

Note: the players with paid Pro Package get the "elite" label from administrator.
So you see, if you have the Pro Package you could become Elite immediately. The Bonus is something we are re-considering because of the inconsistency of connection quality from country to country. It was originally created for players with optimum connection quality to help even out the gameplay against players with less than optimal connection quality. (For example, many players from Turkey share this latter description as the connection to the Chicago server is not very good. Therefore, many of them display "immortal" (difficult-to-kill) gameplay.
Lately, we mods feel that the Bonus is also unfair as many players who are great contributors, fair and good people also deserve some form of bonus. Should they have poor connection quality, the Bonus would only worsen gameplay for others.

You might notice that I do not have the Bonus (by my own request). This is to prove that "being nice to mods" doesn't effect our judgement in the review process of players requesting the Elite or Bonus. In other words, we're trying to be as fair as possible. We volunteer our time as moderators because we love this game, and not because we would be receiving powers over and above any other player.

There is one more category: "Triple X" which is 3x power to kick or mute a player. It's considered a "policing power" that is granted to players that display great responsibility. It's used to keep control in the game of players who are overtly cursing or using highly abusive language in the chat, or who are breaking rules, hacking etc.

Your opinions are valued. Why don't you read of few of the previous posts and add your suggestions and comments. In the meantime, simply request the Elite status ? (assuming you do have the pro package and 500 frags in the current month).

And by the way, WELCOME to the forum community. I've played in the game with you many times. You're a great player.

devo

Post by devo »

Jb7 is a good player who displays a good temperament and attitude towards the game. Should he request the bonus or tripple x, i ask that the moderators give good consideration to grant him these privileges. :agree:
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Here's the run-down from the man himself, Remus, supreme ruler, almighty and creator of this game:
Simply speaking the God :worship:
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
jb7

Post by jb7 »

are you sure this is what you want to do to the game? these aren't the best players whom you have made very hard to kill. i kill them anyway but it takes the fun out of it. we should have a level playing field. elite, bonus, xxx whatever, takes the fun out of it. it's embarrassing to see people beg for bonus in this forum. see ya later.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

jb7 wrote:are you sure this is what you want to do to the game? these aren't the best players whom you have made very hard to kill. i kill them anyway but it takes the fun out of it. we should have a level playing field. elite, bonus, xxx whatever, takes the fun out of it. it's embarrassing to see people beg for bonus in this forum. see ya later.
If it's any consolation, the Elite & Bonus have been around for several years. So have bad connections. So none of this is very new. As far as "hard to kill" I'm not sure who exactly you may be referring to. Certain players are well known by their bad connections. That does not mean they have the bonus. Elite & Triple X does nothing to make a player harder to kill. Only the Bonus does.
If you have specific concerns or questions, feel free to PM me. I'll do my level best to answer anything I can. The last thing anyone wants is to take the fun out of this game.

Lenny

Post by Lenny »

jb7 wrote:are you sure this is what you want to do to the game? these aren't the best players whom you have made very hard to kill. i kill them anyway but it takes the fun out of it. we should have a level playing field. elite, bonus, xxx whatever, takes the fun out of it. it's embarrassing to see people beg for bonus in this forum. see ya later.
So basically your saying that bad connection players should get the same as good connection players.
How is that a level playing field :think:

But :cheers: for your input :biggthumbsup:
The more input we get, the better the game gets.
:cheers: again.
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Welcome back Lenny :mrgreen:
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

devo wrote:i agree with slapshot, most players from Turkey always display the actions of "immortals" u have to shot them a hundred times before they die, and their avatar moves at lightening speeds, which if given a bonus on top of that will make them "super immortals" i welcome other players having the bonus, and have nothing against Turkish players or other country's that have "immortal connections". however giving the BONUS to players who already have great connections, speed and are hard to die makes them "SUPER IMMORTALS" which puts most of the other players at a disadvantage. So that puts us between a Rock and a Hard place when making such decisions.
Bonus have one advantage: players who have bonus can open a camp just for bonus players=free of players with bad connections. Unfortunately, there are not many bonus players so if a bonus player creates such camp he would be in there alone. :twisted:
hawk

Post by hawk »

:smile: I have the elite bonus and triple x,and it don't make any player with these an immortal,I still get killed quite easily,and it is not because I am a bad player but because there are better players than me that kill me very quickly.
There are better players than me in here and there are those players that are not,and this goes for us all.
The best way is to always to try harder and so be a more improved player,so stick around long enough and you will see yourself improve :biggthumbsup: .
jb7

Post by jb7 »

greetings, please consider me for elite status. i would like to apply after reconsidering some good points made by a friend. thanks and see you in my sights. jb7
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

jb7 wrote:greetings, please consider me for elite status. i would like to apply after reconsidering some good points made by a friend. thanks and see you in my sights. jb7
It appears that you meet all the necessary criteria. You have my vote. :biggthumbsup:

jb7

Post by jb7 »

i would like to request elite status. my stats and actions are acceptable i hope. thx, jb7
Remus

Post by Remus »

jb7 wrote:i would like to request elite status. my stats and actions are acceptable i hope. thx, jb7
You got it 5 days ago.
http://www.infdat.com/hopeless2/HMCinfos.php?op=extra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

chirolaq wrote: so I have been seeing lately some players back for revenge.Sega , for example,
dont stop harass me.They are like Jules/Djolo,eternally resentful.
This is a big problem of difficult solution.I think we get used to theses situations.They,always,will return for more.
For all this I need triple x Slapshot. :evil:
I take no objection to this. You have my vote. Use it responsibly.

chirolaq

Post by chirolaq »

Thanks very much,slap.I ll do not disappoint you. :biggthumbsup:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

freekarol wrote:helsidi and renzo(dont remember his full nickname) could get bonus. Slapshot and me played with them today and it was really great not to shoot milion bullets to kill them. Also aiming was much better. Not like aiming at players having Superman's speed.
I agree, both could have the Bonus and Elite. I have address the "team play" in FFA with them both and I think they understand.
They both get my vote. :biggthumbsup:
Remus

Post by Remus »

slapshot wrote:
freekarol wrote:helsidi and renzo(dont remember his full nickname) could get bonus. Slapshot and me played with them today and it was really great not to shoot milion bullets to kill them. Also aiming was much better. Not like aiming at players having Superman's speed.
I agree, both could have the Bonus and Elite. I have address the "team play" in FFA with them both and I think they understand.
They both get my vote.
renzo80 and helsidi are VERY active players.
:biggthumbsup:
But to get the "elite/bonus" label, they need a forum account first of all.
:wink:
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

OK, we will see if we make them create accounts here. :P
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

He must confirm it but it seems that Renzo heard us and created the forum account. I hope his nickname is renzo80.
sega

Post by sega »

I want to elite.

------SÜPER_GÜÇ------
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

sega wrote:I want to elite.

:cheers
Remus wrote: Elite
Requirements:
- active players (>500 frags in the current month)
- nice folks with good attitude
- forum members & community contributors
What do they get:
3 crows per DS
elite camps
party girls

They must ask for the "elite" label, the moderators (or the admin) must approve their requests.
:dope-slap:
I didn't see the term bona fide cheat in this information anywhere.
:shock: :think:
:rtfm:

sega

Post by sega »

first of all, I didn't expect your vote already. :whatis:
Secondly, I know you've been talking behind my back. ( sega stupid,,,sega idiot,,,sega fu...)
good attitude ( the same as you ) you're not different.
nice folks = :cheers:

Bad attitude = dislike towards humans. ( especially you )

I never didn't do disrespect to Karol
Because he treats me good.

You ?
------SÜPER_GÜÇ------
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Sega, in England we have many saying.
1, "what goes around comes around".
2, "you make your bed & you lie in it".
3, "treat people how you would like to be treated".
4, "you can fool some people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time".
5, "if it smells like bullshit, then it probably is bullshit".
6, "nobody likes a smart arse, especially a smart arse who cheats".
:think: about it :wink:
renzo80

request

Post by renzo80 »

Greetings,please consider mi for elite status and bonus, thank renzo80
freekarol

Re: request

Post by freekarol »

renzo80 wrote:Greetings,please consider mi for elite status and bonus, thank renzo80
You got both. Go to the following link and search for your nickname=renzo80. This is a proof that you have bonus and elite.
http://www.infdat.com/hopeless2/HMCinfos.php?op=extra
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Sega wants elite... It seems that his only problem to get it is his attitude:

1.cheating
There is no doubt that Sega has a bad connection. But I think nobody can prove that it is made intentionally=cheating. If so, Remus would has banned Sega's account. And in most countries is valid "Innoncent until proven guilty" and because guilty was not proven then cheating shouldn't be a reason why Sega shouldn't get elite.

2.Bad behavior viz the last complaint of it:
chirolaq wrote: so I have been seeing lately some players back for revenge.Sega , for example,
dont stop harass me.They are like Jules/Djolo,eternally resentful.
This is a big problem of difficult solution.I think we get used to theses situations.They,always,will return for more.
For all this I need triple x Slapshot. :evil:
Because just this behavior keeps Sega from getting elite, other players must show us that Sega doesn't act this way anymore.

P.S. Even if I am not a judge I tried to be as objective as I could.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

sega wrote:first of all, I didn't expect your vote already. :whatis:
Secondly, I know you've been talking behind my back. ( sega stupid,,,sega idiot,,,sega fu...)
good attitude ( the same as you ) you're not different.
nice folks = :cheers:

Bad attitude = dislike towards humans. ( especially you )

I never didn't do disrespect to Karol
Because he treats me good.

You ?
:lol: You really should consider a career in comedy. You are hilarious.

Talking behind your back? Never. I will happily say it to you directly:
I don't like your attitude. Until it changes, my opinion of you probably won't change either.

As to calling you "stupid"? I didn't have to. You proved that all on your own when your team busted.

And "fu"? Well, :censored: you. I don't care what your opinion is of me.

Dislike towards humans? No, not at all. I get along fine with almost everyone. Everyone except those who publicly call me "o.c.". Amongst other comments that anyone else can go back and view for themselves.

You've disrespected almost everyone in this community with your connection and your boasting about being the best. Without your bad connection, you're nothing.

Lastly, intention cheating? I haven't proved it....yet. But I honestly believe I won't have to. I think you will do that all on your own.

P.S. Don't ask to join my camp again. You're no longer welcome.

hoakin1986

Post by hoakin1986 »

I suggest my former teammate pteradactyl for triple x holder.He is nice person and fair player.I think he deserves. :cheers:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

hoakin1986 wrote:I suggest my former teammate pteradactyl for triple x holder.He is nice person and fair player.I think he deserves. :cheers:
:biggthumbsup: He already has my vote. But he needs to come and request the Bonus first.

ridikk

Post by ridikk »

hello friends he seems everyone wants to be elite players kicking each other I'm a very active player who plays in both games and if there are players that can be told triple x but others being triple x owners believe the game than if you kill them take you out of the game and that those who see it :biggthumbsdown:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

ridikk wrote:hello friends he seems everyone wants to be elite players kicking each other I'm a very active player who plays in both games and if there are players that can be told triple x but others being triple x owners believe the game than if you kill them take you out of the game and that those who see it :biggthumbsdown:
I am not sure if I comprehend. Is someone kicking you without reason? Or are you requesting the Triple X? (Triple X means you can kick someone without a second vote from another player in the camp).

freekarol

Post by freekarol »

If I understood well, he thinks that Triple X is often abused. Also he could indirectly ask for getting the triple x power too.
ridikk

Post by ridikk »

would be a privilege to be triple x .I'm SERIOUS PLAYER RESPECT ME LIKE A PLAYER BUT I DO NOT LIKE PLAYERS WITH BAD ATTITUDE AND BAD CONNECTION :whatis:
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

ridikk wrote:would be a privilege to be triple x .I'm SERIOUS PLAYER RESPECT ME LIKE A PLAYER BUT I DO NOT LIKE PLAYERS WITH BAD ATTITUDE AND BAD CONNECTION :whatis:
Just answer this question with yes or no: Do you want to get triple x? You know, we can get you wrong... Bad attitude can't be tolerated but something else are players with bad connections. Not all players can have good connection. Should we discriminate them just because of it? I think we should kick somebody out of a camp when a player makes his connection bad intentionally or when the player mess the camp(for example when fps of others players go down because of a player with bad connection).

By the way, we still want to have a camp that will be just for players with good connections but we don't have enough players with bonus...