jumbled letters

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
hawk

jumbled letters

Post by hawk »

:sad: I get a lot of jumbled letters like,eeeeeeeee or ssssseeeeekkkkk,etc when i type in the chat box during game-play,and the only reason i can think of is that my mouse arrow as moved out of the game screen,i have exited the game and returned to find it is still doing it,i am sorry about this everyone as it happens to me a lot,i am not able to say hello sometimes when players enter or much else,i don't know if any other players experience this problem or as often as me,i have zoomed the screen,and typed slowly,but i still get jumbled letters,hope no one thinks i am doing it on purpose,i have even tried to correct my mouse arrow and still the same. :help:
Feel the fear and do it anyway
freekarol

Re: jumbled letters

Post by freekarol »

If I remember well, it's a connection issue. Stop playing in the 3rd person and disabling HD effects could help. Also using full chat is helpful.
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
hawk

Post by hawk »

freekarol wrote:If I remember well, it's a connection issue. Stop playing in the 3rd person and disabling HD effects could help. Also using full chat is helpful.
:biggthumbsup: thank you for your help,i do use full chat all the time,and i will try the things you mentioned,i have had internet speed up to 50 from 20 since January,thanks.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Watch your fps as well. If it drops significantly, your chat is like to be like that. Many things can cause it. Sometimes another play (camp owner) can have a lousy connection and mess up an entire camp.
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

hawk

Post by hawk »

slapshot wrote:Watch your fps as well. If it drops significantly, your chat is like to be like that. Many things can cause it. Sometimes another play (camp owner) can have a lousy connection and mess up an entire camp.
My playing is ok and no complaints from any other players,so i am not walking through walls or through the air etc,just my chat seems to be the problem,my connection is good as the loads very quickly since having my internet speed up to 50,i get killed normally no complaints from players,and i kill as i always do.so game play is good and normal,just the chat is eeeessssee or hihihihihihhi etc,sorry if it annoying to other players who have to keep reading this,so i will type less from now on unless things get better,also i am sorry if i don't say hi when a player comes.
As soon as i press enter the box types on its own with repeated letters,sorry everyone :sad:
Remus

Post by Remus »

hawk wrote:game play is good and normal, just the chat is eeeessssee or hihihihihihhi etc,
As soon as i press enter the box types on its own with repeated letters, sorry everyone
That's the keyboard buffer and those letters are your playing keys.
It happens when the FPS value is low or when there is a bad memory management (OS & browser).
Be sure you don't have other browser windows or tabs open (they eat your system resources for nothing).
Also (from time to time) check out the browser memory usage (in the Task manager).
If it's above 500 MB, close the browser and reopen it.
:cheers:

p.s.
During the game can you delete that crap with Backspace and type something decent?
If yes, that's a good sign.
:lol:
hawk

Post by hawk »

:biggthumbsup: thank you for your help,i usually can back space and type something decent,sometimes not able to,i close all other open windows when i play the game for better performance,tonight my fps was 50 no higher and dropped to 35 before rising again to 50. I was able to type ok tonight since i turned a lot of the games special features off.
Yes i will try all the tips i have been given,I can close the browser and use my ccleaner to clean the cookies,history etc and see if that helps to before play and check the task mananger.
Lots of nice ideas i have just learned thank you. :cheers:
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

You can also use a special web browser just for playing games. Because add-ons for web browsers can consume lots of memory. Fortunately, there are portable Firefox, Chrome or Opera. Or you can use a new profile in a web browser without add-ons. Of course, if you don't have any web browser add- on(extension) then you can ignore what I just wrote. :D
hawk

Post by hawk »

:biggthumbsup: thank you for some great ideas, a browser just for games is an excellent idea I am using Firefox already,but if I can get another version of Firefox that's a little different from the one I am using then I could use that just for games. :cheers:
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Here is how to use multiple Firefox profiles:
http://goo.gl/gX5I4
http://goo.gl/GeYoQQ

Or just use portable Firefox:
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
Remus

Post by Remus »

freekarol wrote:Or just use portable Firefox:
The Shockwave plugin installation:
http://portableapps.com/support/firefox ... le#plugins
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Remus wrote:
freekarol wrote:Or just use portable Firefox:
The Shockwave plugin installation:
http://portableapps.com/support/firefox ... le#plugins
Yeah, their work is great. I have some of their apps and they work without any problem and are really portable. :agree:
hawk

Post by hawk »

:biggthumbsup: Thank you Remus and Freekarol for the suggestions and the help you have offered i will try Firefox portable and see how it goes,thank you both very much :cheers:
hawk

Post by hawk »

Update on the new browser, :smile: works very well with the typing now except when the fps drop,so i keep my eyes on that and wait till it rises before typing, thanks for the hep Remus and freekarol :cheers: