elite bonus

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
jb7

elite bonus

Post by jb7 »

Elite? i don't understand why you can't just level the playing field and let the best players win. this bonus structure is annoying. players can crouch and shoot me through walls. i've earned my pro pack and still struggle to kill some of these guys. i'm a good player and respectful so why am i penalized? this is a great game but it should be a fair game. mods have endorsed me so i don't get it. thx,
jb7
slapshot

Re: elite bonus

Post by slapshot »

jb7 wrote:Elite? i don't understand why you can't just level the playing field and let the best players win. this bonus structure is annoying. players can crouch and shoot me through walls. i've earned my pro pack and still struggle to kill some of these guys. i'm a good player and respectful so why am i penalized? this is a great game but it should be a fair game. mods have endorsed me so i don't get it. thx,
jb7
Elite gains nothing as far as fighting ability. The Bonus provides that. jb7 I think what's happening is that you are using first person view, and other players are using third person. Simply press the "0" key when you are in-game to switch back and forth. You'll note that while in third person, the field of view and peering over low walls becomes your advantage. We all switch back and forth to suit our needs.

As far as leveling the field? Well now that has been a point of contention in nearly every fps shooter on the 'net. Many things account for it including connection quality, personal skills, etc. The Bonus was created to try to even out gameplay when faced with opponents with less than optimal connection quality. This is especially noted in players from countries like Mexico, India, Turkey, etc. And yes, some of these players use the bad connection deliberately for their advantage. I've learned to recognize a few and I either don't play in the camp with them (some I have to kick), or I deliberately play against them to hone my skills. You have to play smarter than they do. And some of these idiots make it easy! :lol:

Several of us put together a player's guide to better understand the gameplay. Even though it's mainly geared towards new players, it also has many useful tips and pointers for seasoned vets like you. Take a look: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5524

:cheers:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

jb7

Re: elite bonus

Post by jb7 »

thanks, slappy! shoot you soon.