Whats happening to my game play ?

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
sherpyderpa

Whats happening to my game play ?

Post by sherpyderpa »

I played this game today and it is getting harder to kill some players. I've been playing long enough to know how good or bad I am at this game.
More players are leaving and less joining and staying for long periods. Some players are almost invincible to me now, I'm not just talking about the ones with clearly bad connections.
Now when I went in to a camp today, it took me several minutes to kill a few players. lets say I killed 10 players in five minutes, not a good kill ratio with six players in the camp. All big players that I have played many, many times before.
One player (player 3) gets punished by two players because they have a really bad connection, when player 3 comes back, they get 6 kills in less than one minute !!! That is some kill rate !
I cannot believe that my skills or play abilities have become so bad that I just dont hit the other players, I can hear the hits but now it seems like nearly every player is a bullet sponge.
They just soak shots up like they're nothing ! So I experiment, I hide, two head shots with a sniper or shotgun and still no kill. Even arrows from my crossbow don't do the job, I need two shots for some players. The movement of some players is strange too, it's erratic and they seem to move much faster than normal and have the ability to move from one part of the map to another in an instant. Is there a teleporting device in the game that I don't know about ?
I have had chats with other players, who no longer play because of these 'invincibles', and they told me they were leaving because of these players and they've had enough of it.
I have enjoyed playing this game for some time now but the enjoyment is being replaced by frustration and anger now. What can be done? or do I just leave and give up like the rest, it's just not as fun like it used to be and I think it's probably the biggest cause of players leaving and not returning anymore.
I occassionaly get to play some players (not invincibles) and the fun comes back, instantly, still a great game ! If an 'invincible' enters the game everyone else leaves, they all know who they want to play, and who is a fair player.
I see this 'new' habit now where a player enters a camp, plays for a few minutes, leaves for a few minutes and returns with the ability to kill me quicker than before and they are harder to kill than before and so they leave, return and leave and return enhanced a little more each time they return and I'm supposed to believe that they are not adjusting an enhancement somewhere !!! One player did it to me in a camp where there was only myself and them. On their third return it was nearly impossible for me to kill them. When I asked them about their new invincibility they left the camp ! WTF ?
Is it really possible to get as 'good' as these 'invincibles' are with out some form of enhancement ? I don't think so. So many times on the forum people are asking "where have all the players gone" ?
My decision to stay also hangs in the balance. :HaH: :biggthumbsdown:
Happy New Year :sad:
Remus

Re: Whats happening to my game play ?

Post by Remus »

Your connection to Chicago - USA is very good (less than 80ms).
That's a problem if you play with "bad connections".
Indeed, their motion looks erratic and they seem to move faster than normal.
Another problem might be the OS and browser.
Win 10 and the latest browsers don't work properly with the SW plugin anymore.
Try this browser and this SW plugin:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5796
:cheers:
sherpyderpa

Post by sherpyderpa »

YES !!! :pompom: Gameplay has been restored. I was running an older version of Firefox and now with the latest version. Now I can compete with the 'invincibles' too.
Tried and tested over a few games, even had a full camp today so really tested out ok. :biggthumbsup:
Erratic movement has almost gone, except those with really bad connections.
I have passed the message on and now other players are benefitting from your help too.
Thankyou Remus. Thanks for the links and thankyou for the help. :worship: :cheers:
Remus

Post by Remus »

sherpyderpa wrote:YES !!! :pompom: Gameplay has been restored.
I was running an older version of Firefox and now with the latest version. Now I can compete with the 'invincibles' too.
:biggthumbsup:
:lalala: