New Player Training???

Create your own team or join an existing one
slapshot

New Player Training???

Post by slapshot »

AwesomeX wrote:I need help i am new! Tips on everything and how do you join/create a team??!! i need tips on killing people! someone help me! :help:
AwsomeX brings up a point of I have been considering: A "Training camp" for new players who want to become better players.

Maybe we could pick several "Teachers" from different time zones and schedule a 30 minute camp that is closed to everyone but those who are willing to learn. NOT A NOOBFEST!!! But an actual training camp that covers everything from tactics, ethics, etc.

What do you guys think about this? :?: :?:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

supreme

Re: New Player Training???

Post by supreme »

Could you please put my name on top for having this training? :p
:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

supreme wrote:Could you please put my name on top for having this training? :p
But who would have the courage :shock: to "train" you? :mrgreen:

supreme

Post by supreme »

slapshot wrote:
But who would have the courage :shock: to "train" you? :mrgreen:
hehe, I guess you all have courage, none of you taught me anything w.r.t the game. :whatis:
:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

I have the courage to tame Supreme, but to train Supreme :?: I need training :lol:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
supreme

Post by supreme »

Lenny wrote:I have the courage to tame Supreme, but to train Supreme :?: I need training :lol:
hehe, today i saw someone like you in train in morning.
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

slapshot wrote:
But who would have the courage to "train" you? :mrgreen:
JackFrost
:biggthumbsup:
:lalala:
supreme

Post by supreme »

Remus wrote:
slapshot wrote:
But who would have the courage to "train" you? :mrgreen:
JackFrost
:lalala:
haha you make me laugh!!!!!!!
:lol:
:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

slapshot wrote:
AwesomeX wrote:I need help i am new! Tips on everything and how do you join/create a team??!! i need tips on killing people! someone help me!
AwsomeX brings up a point of I have been considering: A "Training camp" for new players who want to become better players.

Maybe we could pick several "Teachers" from different time zones and schedule a 30 minute camp that is closed to everyone but those who are willing to learn. NOT A NOOBFEST!!! But an actual training camp that covers everything from tactics, ethics, etc.

I think its a good idea Slaps_Hot, but the logistics are very complicated
I've been teaching the "lead buy example" theory :shock:

The logistics are very complicated :lol:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

Lenny wrote:
slapshot wrote:
AwesomeX wrote:I need help i am new! Tips on everything and how do you join/create a team??!! i need tips on killing people! someone help me!

I think its a good idea Slaps_Hot, but the logistics are very complicated
I've been teaching the "lead buy example" theory :shock:

The logistics are very complicated :lol:
Good idea slapshot. i do however agree with lenny on the logistics problem but do not think it is insurmountable. the "lead by example" teaching method is also good which i use a lot but it's hard for me to employ at times when camps are full with noobs running around blasting each other with rpg's and landmines.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Is it possible to have an "Invitation Only" camp for trainees at a scheduled time? Then others would not be able to break in and just start shooting up the place...
:sniper: :roll:

profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

slapshot wrote:Is it possible to have an "Invitation Only" camp for trainees at a scheduled time? Then others would not be able to break in and just start shooting up the place...
:sniper: :roll:
Well, slap the lesson start today 13:00 (UTC+1). Be there or else.... :cheers:
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Prof, :lol:

Slap, I've been thinking about your idea
Two things I've thought of are
1/ A video training exercise, with a link in the sign in page, would maybe, be the best way to get the message across.
2/ Many new players with low frags (500/2000) are posting in the "do you need a team" topic, & there getting nowhere fast. How about, we try & get a few veterans together, & 1 or 2 veterans can mentor each team, We can help them get there team together, & with tactics,ethics,rule, & many other things.

IDK just a couple of ideas I've had, since you posted the topic. :cheers:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Lenny wrote:Prof, :lol:

Slap, I've been thinking about your idea
Two things I've thought of are
1/ A video training exercise, with a link in the sign in page, would maybe, be the best way to get the message across.
2/ Many new players with low frags (500/2000) are posting in the "do you need a team" topic, & there getting nowhere fast. How about, we try & get a few veterans together, & 1 or 2 veterans can mentor each team, We can help them get there team together, & with tactics,ethics,rule, & many other things.

IDK just a couple of ideas I've had, since you posted the topic. :cheers:
Sorry Lenny, I just saw this post and I think it's a GREAT idea!

hawk

Post by hawk »

slapshot wrote:
AwesomeX wrote:I need help i am new! Tips on everything and how do you join/create a team??!! i need tips on killing people! someone help me! :help:

New players could ask questions in a beginners guide forum,where their reply would be,along with help topics and video's(if anyone knows how to do these).
This way answer's would always be available,and the forum is always open to question's and answers,I think this would work better than a "training camp".
What do other player's think would be best " a training camp" or "a beginners guide forum" :?:
Feel the fear and do it anyway
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

hawk wrote: New players could ask questions in a beginners guide forum,where their reply would be,along with help topics and video's(if anyone knows how to do these).
This way answer's would always be available,and the forum is always open to question's and answers,I think this would work better than a "training camp".
What do other player's think would be best " a training camp" or "a beginners guide forum" :?:
Excellent ideas! We have a draft of a beginners guide in th works (as soon as Supreme & Lenny review it ) :whatis: :lol:
We'll be putting a lot of these ideas in action!

hawk

Post by hawk »

:smile: I hope we get a "training camp" as well as a beginner's guide,as all this will improve the game play for many new players,as well as improve the
forums.
I would not like to be a teacher in the training camp because i know there are many more experienced players than myself so I wont volunteer at this time,I would like a lot more experience as I am still learning things,so I will leave the training to the more experienced.
When i am a lot better maybe I might volunteer :wink:.
Feel the fear and do it anyway
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

hawk wrote::smile: I hope we get a "training camp" as well as a beginner's guide,as all this will improve the game play for many new players,as well as improve the
forums.
I would not like to be a teacher in the training camp because i know there are many more experienced players than myself so I wont volunteer at this time,I would like a lot more experience as I am still learning things,so I will leave the training to the more experienced.
When i am a lot better maybe I might volunteer :wink:.
We have to wait a bit longer...... :mrgreen:
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
bmx123

Post by bmx123 »

i would like to train someone. :D
*Big Bang To The Head*
slapshot

Re: Beginners Guide & New Player Training???

Post by slapshot »

I just want to let everyone know this is not a "dead topic". We actually do have a draft of a beginner's guide. But we hope that someone (like maybe freekarol ?) may be able to help with some actual videos as well. This may be a major undertaking, but I think it will be well worth the effort to better help new members integrate with the game and community. So stay tuned!!! If anyone else can help with the videos and is willing to volunteer...
:rtfm: :wave:

freekarol

Post by freekarol »

slapshot wrote:I just want to let everyone know this is not a "dead topic". We actually do have a draft of a beginner's guide. But we hope that someone (like maybe freekarol ?) may be able to help with some actual videos as well. This may be a major undertaking, but I think it will be well worth the effort to better help new members integrate with the game and community. So stay tuned!!! If anyone else can help with the videos and is willing to volunteer...
I have just tried some recording and converting and everything seems OK so I could post first video here. Maybe how to register for this forum? :smile:
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

freekarol wrote:
slapshot wrote:I just want to let everyone know this is not a "dead topic". We actually do have a draft of a beginner's guide. But we hope that someone (like maybe freekarol ?) may be able to help with some actual videos as well. This may be a major undertaking, but I think it will be well worth the effort to better help new members integrate with the game and community. So stay tuned!!! If anyone else can help with the videos and is willing to volunteer...
I have just tried some recording and converting and everything seems OK so I could post first video here. Maybe how to register for this forum? :smile:
Great idea! Also, let's here some ideas from the rest as to what we should include in the Beginner's Guide videos... :biggthumbsup: