low fps

Did you find a bug? Let us know about it.
mr._killyou

low fps

Post by mr._killyou »

when i played 1 year ago my fps was 35/40......now i return on this game and my fps are 3/4 why? help me please
slapshot

Re: low fps

Post by slapshot »

mr._killyou wrote:when i played 1 year ago my fps was 35/40......now i return on this game and my fps are 3/4 why? help me please
Low fps can be caused by other players. I assume you were in a beginner camp. It's very possible that another player with a very poor connection joined the camp.

Other possible reasons include any internet-sucking programs running in the background of your PC such as IM, Facebook, Outlook, Steam client, etc. It's best to turn these programs "off", and only keep one tab open if using IE or Chrome.

:cheers:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

mr._killyou

Post by mr._killyou »

many time you are right, but my fps are low too when i open a camp and i am alone, and without program open...... i try every way, but nothing ( sorry for my bed english ).....another ideas?
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

mr._killyou wrote:many time you are right, but my fps are low too when i open a camp and i am alone, and without program open...... i try every way, but nothing ( sorry for my bed english ).....another ideas?
Perhaps you can give us some details about your computer?

RAM,
Processor
Platform (Windows version)

I assume you have a broadband or high-speed connection. Do you know the speed?

What is your native language? I can translate many...

mr._killyou

Post by mr._killyou »

i am Italian, slapshot.
so, I have a connection 54 Mbps, win xp, ie ( but I can use chrome o firefox too ).
I use a Pentium dual 1,60 GHz, and 1,75 GB ram.
can I help me? I’d want to return to play in hopeless, but in this way it’s impossible.
andrey

Post by andrey »

I get that too sometimes.Maybe you play too long and the game becomes slow jusst reboot and restart. And you might wanna waste your ammo and rpgs b4 that :mrgreen:
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

mr._killyou wrote:i am Italian, slapshot.
so, I have a connection 54 Mbps, win xp, ie ( but I can use chrome o firefox too ).
can I help me? I’d want to return to play in hopeless, but in this way it’s impossible.
RAM is a bit low, but you should have better performance than this. What is your graphics card?

RAM è un po 'basso, ma si dovrebbe avere prestazioni migliori di questo. Qual è la scheda grafica? Ci dispiace, il mio italiano non è molto buono. :oops:

But hopefully Remus will have better answers....

supreme

Post by supreme »

slapshot wrote:
RAM is a bit low, but you should have better performance than this. What is your graphics card?

RAM è un po 'basso, ma si dovrebbe avere prestazioni migliori di questo. Qual è la scheda grafica? Ci dispiace, il mio italiano non è molto buono. :oops:

Graphic Card is very important. I used to play with 1gb ram.. So i think this issue is more likely related with graphic card or graphic card driver. So if we know about graphic card then this would help.
:
mr._killyou

Post by mr._killyou »

your italian is better than my english :biggthumbsup:
i think that it's ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 ( i hope that i'm not in error )
solution?,
thank slap :biggthumbsup:
mr._killyou

Post by mr._killyou »

supreme wrote:
slapshot wrote:

Graphic Card is very important. I used to play with 1gb ram.. So i think this issue is more likely related with graphic card or graphic card driver. So if we know about graphic card then this would help.
and thanks to beatifull supreme :oops:
supreme

Post by supreme »

A quick tip for improving fps if your system is old one or not having good graphic card,
Use 16-bit color resolution
16-bit.JPG
Use minimum settings as shown below:
low-settings.JPG
Q3 shaders = off
texture = low/medium
3D sounds = off
Chat = light /full (if you love chatting then full :P)
if you still unable to play normal then try reinstalling shockwave and graphic card driver.
Hope this would help you!
:pompom:
p.s: always clear history before playing game. and check your background processes, sometimes they are responsible for bad game play.

Here is the driver link that i just found from internet, Not sure about how good this is!
http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/downlo ... ~1250.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Let us know if this does not help. Eventually we will discover the cause and hopefully a solution!

Fateci sapere se questo non aiuta. Alla fine scopriremo la causa e, auspicabilmente, una soluzione!

And by the way, your English is quite good! :cheers:

mr._killyou

Post by mr._killyou »

with supreme's help i can play with 15-20 fps......so i can play
thank :pompom: :cheers:
mr._killyou

Post by mr._killyou »

mr._killyou wrote:with supreme's help i can play with 15-20 fps......so i can play
thank :pompom: :cheers:
but during the game, sometimes the fps was 2/3 and after 10, i don't know, if you have some other ideas for play more fast.......