What's the Point?

Deathmatches, CTF, Domination and Official Tournaments
Timberwolf

What's the Point?

Post by Timberwolf »

For the last three days, I've been turned down by at least 90% of all team members I've asked for a run at Capture the Flag.

Guys, what the hell is the point to be on a team?

Spartacus, ahmet, olcyto/selcinyo (whichever didn't switch to spartacus), tina, sakirsakiraslan, and the list goes on...

Why did you bother getting onto a team if you weren't going to participate in team matches?

I think some are taking advantage of this game's quickest map. They're concerned with making 1,000,000 frags and don't care to "play" so much as run around and kill 200 people an hour.

Pitiful.

If that's what you want, fine. We need players to be mini zoldycks, too. But if that's the case, please don't bother signing up for a team. You're dead weight and do not deserve to be on a team.

:smash:
Remus

Re: What's the Point?

Post by Remus »

TFC Free Teams ... easy frags.
This is all they can do.
:smash:
They don't realize that Capture The Flag is the coolest multiplayer mode.
Smart and very funny.
Anyway, here is the deal:
100 points bonus per CTF match for each player.
Do they want ProPack faster?
Are they really good players?
Let's see.
:sniper:
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

:biggthumbsup:

Maybe that'll get a few more in.

Capture the Flag is definitely better than a free-for-all noob fest with nothing but suicide bombers, blinkers and sporadic speedhacks trying to become "legends" in two weeks.

There is no reason for the majority of these people to be on teams. Most teammates don't even know each other.

They need to try out CTF or at least play in Team Deathmatch mode.

I think TFC Free Teams should stop giving out points altogether to every single player already on a team and every single player with more than 5,000 frags. And TFC in general should only give 5 points per kill, seeing as it's nothing but a frag-making factory.

There are MANY other parts of this game left abandoned. I know you worked hard on this, and it's 100x better than the old SMC game. I'm seriously peeved that almost everyone is only concerned about making quick frags. What is so important about big frags? :roll:

4vs4 CTF in KIN would probably be the highlight of the entire game if people would give it a chance. Try out some strategic play, noobs, instead of a FUBAR camp that gives you frags for absolutely nothing.

:evil:
supreme

Post by supreme »

i will suggest.. CTF mode for all without team restirictions for a specific period of time.. as a free trial.. like for 1 week only so that every 1 can have taste of playing CTF mode.. and then restrict it to teams only..

Regards,
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

supreme wrote:i will suggest.. CTF mode for all without team restirictions for a specific period of time.. as a free trial.. like for 1 week only so that every 1 can have taste of playing CTF mode.. and then restrict it to teams only..
Not interested.
I got tired of unregistered players and pseudo-teams.
In fact, I'm preparing more restrictions.
This is not a silly game (like 99% of the games on the market).
Did you ever study the gameplay in those "TFC map - Free Teams"?
A complete mess!
That's not team play.
:wink:
supreme

Post by supreme »

Remus wrote:
supreme wrote:i will suggest.. CTF mode for all without team restirictions for a specific period of time.. as a free trial.. like for 1 week only so that every 1 can have taste of playing CTF mode.. and then restrict it to teams only..
Not interested.
I got tired of unregistered players and pseudo-teams.
In fact, I'm preparing more restrictions.
This is not a silly game (like 99% of the games on the market).
A complete mess!
That's not team play.
i am saying just for a week or less.. so that everybody would want to be on team.. they will know that its cool one.. rather than playing all day free teams and making frags..
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

supreme wrote:i am saying just for a week or less.. so that everybody would want to be on team.. they will know that its cool one.. rather than playing all day free teams and making frags..
What's the point?
All they have to do is create/join teams (and not worthless groups of players).
How?
If they play at the same hour, they are qualified for the same team(s).
If they do NOT play at the same hour, their group of (top) players is worthless.
It's as simple as that.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

i played today and thought it was very good but it was only 2v2 if more people try it it will become very popular. one problem is which teams have 4 to 6 active players not star trek i know that much
supreme

Post by supreme »

Remus wrote:
supreme wrote:i am saying just for a week or less.. so that everybody would want to be on team.. they will know that its cool one.. rather than playing all day free teams and making frags..
What's the point?
All they have to do is create/join teams (and not worthless groups of players).
How?
If they play at the same hour, they are qualified for the same team(s).
If they do NOT play at the same hour, their group of (top) players is worthless.
It's as simple as that.

my point was only to make players interested in this mode of game.. and most of them dont understand.. i tried alot in camp.. but either they dont get or they dont get interested..

i just wanted to have more teams to play CTF.

:baby:
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

leolenny wrote:i played today and thought it was very good but it was only 2v2 if more people try it it will become very popular. one problem is which teams have 4 to 6 active players not star trek i know that much
CTF 2vs2 = funny nightmare
CTF 3vs3 = real fun
CTF 4vs4 = state of art (strategy based gameplay, you can divide the team: defenders & attackers).
Remus

Post by Remus »

supreme wrote:and most of them dont understand
Take a guess why.
:mrgreen:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

maybe you could do what the english government has done join a coalition so it could be cod v star trek/hell boys or 4 teams minimum 2 players from each team??????
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
supreme

Post by supreme »

Remus wrote:
Take a guess why.
m i Dumb? who goes in camp and ask for teams and then tell CTF and then players to get register on teams and use google translator..
:(

so i m unable to tell them or they get me :)

mostly turks are there.. and they dont understand me.. they only know turkish :help:

:cry:

i have tried enuf to tell everybody and its useless.. thanks to yuca and tarzanboy who registered on teams .
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

supreme wrote:
Remus wrote:
Take a guess why.
m i Dumb?
I wasn't talking about you ...
:twisted:
p.s.
Congrats to you and Josh for all your efforts.
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

A complete mess!
They're the most horrific camps I've ever been to. I just go sometimes to see how bad they really are.

100 suicides every 10 minutes; a glitching, freezing camp due to 8 turks packed in, coming and going every 3 seconds; immortals and speedhacks and ghosts; EVERYONE TRIES TO STAY DIRECTLY ON THE TOP SIDE OF THE TUNNEL; even the ubernoobs get closer to "legend" in there.

It's a disgrace to real team play. :lol: :lol:

Ulabatli, sakir and other Turks fluent in English NEED to make it clear to these guys that they should JOIN THE FORUM, find out about teams, and then join up so we'll have about 20 teams around at the Turk hours!
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

hola a todos
pues la verdad he visto todos sus comentarios han sido muy buenos REMUS una pregunta ¿? en cuanto tiempo mas o menos se desataria las batallas de grupos y bueno mira pues una observacion o consejo bueno no se seria bueno que mas a delante saques al publico un ranking de los mejores jugadores de cada pais o crear un torneo de paises que cada pais tenga un representante y asi lo represente en este juego.

bueno gracias por su atencion solo es una pequeña observacion nada mas
ZeronMan

Post by ZeronMan »

im scared :baby:
Target, 2 clicks out. Lock n’ load. Let’s look alive gentlemen.
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Zeron, you'll get over it. There's nothing to be scared of. :baby:

Take it from me -- with the combination of my horrible PC and immortal players with tin cans and string used for Internet connection, I went from a top player to absolutely one of the worst in the game. Even noob unregistered players beat me 20-2 if they have a dumb connection.

It's my kryptonite, my Achilles' heel.

But it's fun to play anyway. Maybe it's not fun to go into a packed camp of Euros and Latinos playing with inferior dial-up and be killed 10 times to every 1 kill, but games of strategy are the equalizer! :agree:

In CTF, being smart and knowing how to play will help your team to victory infinitely more than being a bonus-having uberaddict with (maybe purposefully) bad connection and a gun that fires suspiciously faster.

If you practice with your teammates on routes to take, guarding strategy, attacking, etc, then you can work out a formula to knock off the best team and get the flags back to your base.

There's thinking involved. This is why the noobs don't want to play. They can't rely on twisted and unrealistic videogame factors to garner victory.

sakir

Post by sakir »

hi all,

Yes.Most players in this game, Turkish.

I would like to help in this regard but the turkish players doesnt come in forum.doesnt look.If I found within the game I say them. :biggthumbsup:
sakir
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Sakir, you must convince them.

Tell them that they must sign up for the forum or else they will never have ProPack. :biggthumbsup:

Give them link and tell them to sign up.

Once here, we will help them out in understanding. You and Ulabatli can work together to craft a section for our overwhelming population of Turkish players. This way, they can easily know how to join teams and about the rules.
sakir

Post by sakir »

Timberwolf wrote:Sakir, you must convince them.

Tell them that they must sign up for the forum or else they will never have ProPack. :biggthumbsup:

Give them link and tell them to sign up.

Once here, we will help them out in understanding. You and Ulabatli can work together to craft a section for our overwhelming population of Turkish players. This way, they can easily know how to join teams and about the rules.
I always talk in the game about this subject.Become a member of the team and everyone entering the forum to read this information I'm trying to convince.even convinced a few people today :biggthumbsup:

"Tell them that they must sign up for the forum or else they will never have ProPack."

well that's a good plan :smile:
sakir
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

leolenny wrote:maybe you could do what the english government has done join a coalition so it could be cod v star trek/hell boys or 4 teams minimum 2 players from each team??????
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Remus

Post by Remus »

leolenny wrote:maybe you could do what the english government has done join a coalition so it could be cod v star trek/hell boys or 4 teams minimum 2 players from each team??????
In other words, StarTrek and Hell_Boyz are 1/2 teams.
OK, I got it.
Luciano

Post by Luciano »

I can't join deathmatch why i kicked out by one second.
Remus

Post by Remus »

Luciano wrote:I can't join deathmatch why i kicked out by one second.
You cannot join Deathmatch if 2 other teams are in that camp.
You need the Pro Package to see the online players and the players in every camp.
Also, without the M-249 machine gun you are not very helpful for your team.