Stop Spawnspot killers

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Sootie

Stop Spawnspot killers

Post by Sootie »

A pet hate of mine .I'm sure I'm not alone with this.Can we have some feature to protect the spawner from people who camp out there aiming at them? Maybe a 1 second shield/forcefield or something?
ZeronMan

Re: Stop Spawnspot killers

Post by ZeronMan »

Lol, hell no! I enjoy doing that to people. It makes them stay on guard and keep their fingers ready. Tooo bad sootie :mrgreen: Remus, don't you DARE agree to this request, or else I'll shank Timberwolf!!! :sniper:
Target, 2 clicks out. Lock n’ load. Let’s look alive gentlemen.
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

You're not old enough to shank anything yet. :lol:

Sootie, this is bogus stuff. I hate spawning altogether.

If I'm spawning along with someone, I'm DEAD. Being that close to bad connections is just utterly pointless.

And if they get the drop on me and fire first, like from lurking, then it's also pointless. Dead.

But spawning is just part of the game. I don't think there's anything to be done about it. Well, other than NOT DYING! :lol:
ZeronMan

Post by ZeronMan »

MWAHAHAH *Puts shank away for next year*
Remus

Post by Remus »

Sootie wrote:Can we have some feature to protect the spawner from people who camp out there aiming at them? Maybe a 1 second shield/forcefield or something?
Yes.
A 3-5 seconds invulnerability after respawning might do the trick.
But this "feature" comes with other troubles ... I have to think about all of these.
Anyway, the camps are full of happy ratones.
As you can see, ZeronMan is one of them.
:lol:
ZeronMan

Post by ZeronMan »

Remus wrote:
poo :P
SuicideCandy

Post by SuicideCandy »

Remus wrote:
Sootie wrote:Can we have some feature to protect the spawner from people who camp out there aiming at them? Maybe a 1 second shield/forcefield or something?
Yes.
But this "feature" comes with other troubles ... I have to think about all of these.
JohnnyB and I was talking about this and it would be nice. Though I can see how it could be bad as well like how if you was technically immortal for 3 seconds you could try and snag an easy frag or something. But maybe if you could be immortal, ready you'r weapon but not fire until it wore off this would be great. :biggthumbsup:
SuicideCandy

Post by SuicideCandy »

Remus wrote:
Yes.
JohnnyB and I was talking about this and it would be nice. Though I can see how it could be bad as well like how if you was technically immortal for 3 seconds you could try and snag an easy frag or something. But maybe if you could be immortal, ready you'r weapon but not fire until it wore off this would be great. :biggthumbsup:
Tawlney

Post by Tawlney »

Here's an idea, instead of invulnerability, what about a short boost, like 2-3 seconds of half or 3/4 damage. This will give you time to spin around and see where to shoot, but you can still be killed.
I don't know how practical that would be though to implement.
I like to call myself a pro camper... ;)
Remus

Post by Remus »

Tawlney wrote:Here's an idea, instead of invulnerability, what about a short boost, like 2-3 seconds of half or 3/4 damage. This will give you time to spin around and see where to shoot, but you can still be killed.
I don't know how practical that would be though to implement.
Both approaches (invulnerability and reduced damage) are another open door to cheaters.
The main point is that we have many happy ratones (spawnspot killers).
That's the best they can do.
Why do you want to make them sad?
Tawlney

Post by Tawlney »

This is true, now that I think about it, I love sniping the newly respawned players :sniper:
I like to call myself a pro camper... ;)