Mine Update

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Timberwolf

Mine Update

Post by Timberwolf »

Remus,

I think the mines are awesome, but they're best used in fast-action camps: TFC, EGT, AZT, etc.

This seems ironic to me, as I thought SMC would be the best place for them.

But it's not.

Because of the size of the map, it's always been the #1 place for coward ratones to hide, and a lot of them LOVE hiding in or near the warehouse.

Now it's like a game within the game with the mines - the first person in to get a mine shuts it off so no one else can get a mine! In other words, you have to be lucky enough to spawn near the WH if you want a mine AFTER the last one there blows up, or else every other player in the entire game taking mines in SMC is going to place it in front of the WH door so you can't get one.

In my mind, a mine is a weapon and not a specialty item like armor, radar, health, kitkat. I understand having to pay 10 points for it. But the fact that EVERYONE is just using their mine to make sure nobody else can get a mine seems silly to me.

I've only stepped on mines in 2 places in SMC out of about 300 I've stepped on - 299 going to get a mine, 1 going to get a bomb! :lol:

Unlike the other maps where you have alternate routes into the WH, and then a perimeter (which needs to be expanded A LOT) around it so you can't blow people up going to get mines, there's only 1 way in to the WH in SMC.

The game's just more fun when everyone can get and plant mines on the steps, on the towers, by the weapons, etc. Everyone knows that everyone else wants a mine. THEY'RE FUN! So now it's the "in" thing to kill someone instantly as they're going to get it.

If you're in a full camp, you may never get a mine. That's BS! (I know, I tested it. It took me over 30 minutes to get a mine in a 7-player camp, 10 times I blew up at the WH!)

I think either mines need to be taken out of SMC, or there needs to be a large (LARGE) perimeter around the WH that blows idiots up.

Maybe some think it's strategy. I think it's a bunch of shit. Mines are fun, and idiots hiding at the WH so they can plant one there every time is some loser crap. :biggthumbsdown:

:cheers:
Remus

Re: Mine Update

Post by Remus »

Timberwolf wrote:there needs to be a large (LARGE) perimeter around the WH that blows idiots up.
That's right.
In the SMC map I realized that too late. :mrgreen:
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

:lol:

30-step perimeter around the entrance should cover it.

The mines shouldn't be "keep-away," I think everyone would agree on that.

We all want them! :twisted:
Remus

Post by Remus »

See the latest v2.17 update.
:wink:
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »