Shaming and punishing Cheaters

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Sootie

Shaming and punishing Cheaters

Post by Sootie »

Hi Remus
As you are so forgiving with all these speedhack morons,how about a shame list of (repeat) cheats that can be displayed on the signboards,to warn the other players- it would be interesting to see a world map representation of the biggest cheats too.
Lenny suggested forcing them to wear pink uniforms for a certain time, which I like.Another idea would be slowing them down by putting them in clown shoes..I reckon humour is the way forward if we can't get rid of these idiots.
:)
Lenny

Re: Shaming and punishing Cheaters

Post by Lenny »

With some sort of indication to all the other players in camp, that this player has been caught cheating and is being punished. This will send out a clear message to all players, not just the ones who go on the forum.
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Remus

Post by Remus »

Folks,

1) All the cheaters get banned and they cannot login anymore.
A player marked "cheater" does not exist.
To allow that I have to extend the database.
2) a new (pink) outfit for 8 characters adds 800-1000 KB to the file size.
To waste a bunch of resources for a few daily morons does not make any sense.
:wink:
Starting with the next update, all the players on the "elite" list get enhanced listing for
> show packs
You'll be able to trace & report any speedhack moron.
:cheers:
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

Remus wrote: Starting with the next update, all the players on the "elite" list get enhanced listing for
> show packs
You'll be able to trace & report any speedhack moron.
:pompom: :cheers: :pompom:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Would have been funny though to see them with pink uniforms and clowns shoes. :D :D
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Remus

Post by Remus »

Lenny wrote:Would have been funny though to see them with pink uniforms and clowns shoes. :D
Remus wrote:a new (pink) outfit for 8 characters adds 800-1000 KB to the file size.
To waste a bunch of resources for a few daily morons does not make any sense.
supreme

Post by supreme »

No nooo
pink uniform is mine. Give them orange uniform or yelow, i wont mind.
:smash:
:
musoi

Post by musoi »

I want to see cheaters as big rats with red blinking noses and huge tales and party hats on their heads :mrgreen: :agree: :cheers:
I'm a geological tehnician.I have no job now.No more roads and bridges in Romania to study for me.Because we Romanians are travelling only with spaceships.
Remus

Post by Remus »

musoi wrote:I want to see cheaters as big rats with red blinking noses and huge tales and party hats on their heads :mrgreen:
In fact you don't want to see cheaters at all.
To let them play and to give them a dedicated outfit (!?!) is quite a bad idea.
:wink:
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Well....

How about this as a compromise:

For every player not in the elite list (and YES, I am working on a very, very big list now that I'm playing again, and we will have a LARGE chunk of elite shortly), you can type a command to change their uniforms.

For example: > morons time, and all non-elite players will be fat girls with a rat head and beady eyes!

It will be similar to the Timberwolf wants partytime!, but only players not in the elite list will be infected with rat head!

:twisted:
musoi

Post by musoi »

:lol: :biggthumbsup: :lol:
I'm a geological tehnician.I have no job now.No more roads and bridges in Romania to study for me.Because we Romanians are travelling only with spaceships.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

I was thinking on the lines of Punishing the cheaters who have been given a second change, for a week or so, Whilst sending out a message to would be cheaters.
as Remus has said it would be a waste of resources.
I personally would like to see the game to go back to basics (so i could play) But thats not the road forward :roll:
Ridiculing players for bad connection is just more resources wasted.

p.s. Come to think of it WTF they have ridiculed me for long enough, go for it Josh :biggthumbsup: