Randomizer

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Timberwolf

Randomizer

Post by Timberwolf »

This may have been brought up before. I'm not sure.

It is a fact that whichever map has first listing gets all the players. This is true for both registered and unregistered players.

I'm guessing it happens like this: The first person deciding to open a map wants to be seen by others, so he/she's not going to go select TLT, for example, even though they may really want to play in TLT.

So everyone follows - monkey-see, monkey-do.

Is there any way that the order of the maps can be randomized upon loading? This way, I think we'd get players spread out across the maps.

I'm willing to bet that we have some players in here with over 30k frags who have never even played in TLT, AZT, VIP or KIN. They may have went into those maps to check them out, but no one ever shows up to join them.

Soon, hopefully, we will get another influx of players through my marketing efforts. This will take a while, but I'm hoping to at least draw a bigger crowd. So I think all the maps should be "active."

If they showed up randomly each time someone loaded their page, the result is a win-win. Either the player is going to open up a map and we'll have matches in more than one map at a time, or the person is going to at least get in the habit of searching the other maps for a game.

:cheers:
Lenny

Re: Randomizer

Post by Lenny »

http://www.infdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sadly Josh, i dont think either idea would work :sad:

But I :agree: it would be cool to find someting that would work. :biggthumbsup:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Remus

Post by Remus »

I think a "randomizer" in the characters/maps selector will create chaos.
And probably it will be something annoying.
:mrgreen:
But if there are many requests, it can be done without any problem.
kurt

Post by kurt »

Yes...i want to play FZC and other camps too...But no players :shock:

WaRRiorsS_OF_HecCToR

€né$
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Well, the maps are listed in a different order every time a new map is put out. That top map AlWAYS has 99% of all players.

It's not like everyone was so in love for FZC, for example, and then decided that NCY was the superior map. They play NCY because it's the first listed map.

Maybe just a 2 of 8 chance of random, like with team posters. I don't know.

But if someone else has another way to get players spread out over the maps, I'm all for it.

Other than having 10,000 more registered players, I don't know. Hopefully we will get that many soon, but in the mean time...

By_zeus

Post by By_zeus »

Timberwolf wrote:Well, the maps are listed in a different order every time a new map is put out. That top map AlWAYS has 99% of all players.

It's not like everyone was so in love for FZC, for example, and then decided that NCY was the superior map. They play NCY because it's the first listed map.

Maybe just a 2 of 8 chance of random, like with team posters. I don't know.

But if someone else has another way to get players spread out over the maps, I'm all for it.

Other than having 10,000 more registered players, I don't know. Hopefully we will get that many soon, but in the mean time...

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
Remus

Post by Remus »

Timberwolf wrote:Well, the maps are listed in a different order every time a new map is put out. That top map AlWAYS has 99% of all players.
The maps cannot be listed in different order (I have to mess up the entire game to allow that). :mrgreen:
But you can get a random(10) map every time you access that frame.
This is annoying in many situations.
Only two examples:
1) why should I load 10 maps if I want to play only 2? That's wasted time & bandwidth.
2) you play a deathmatch, you lose the connection, you don't pay attention and you load another map.
:lol:
kurt

Post by kurt »

Let's make this :

To NCY only can join max 25 players and FULL room the same as other camps too...TLT only 15 players and full...What about this ???

WaRRiorsS_OF_HecCToR

€né$
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

If a person wants to preload their maps, okay, that shuts off the random.

Don't preload? Tough luck. You get random maps (which means 90% of people lol).

Lose connection and end up in the wrong map? Sorry for the extra 20 seconds wait. :lol:

Remus

Post by Remus »

Timberwolf wrote:If a person wants to preload their maps, okay, that shuts off the random.
This game is already a system benchmark. :mrgreen:
Everything is throttled (processor, graphics card, RAM, sound card, network, keyboard, mouse).
It's full of selectors, buttons and toggles.
Do you want another one: Random Loader?
:lol:
Milan

Post by Milan »

kurt wrote:Let's make this :

To NCY only can join max 25 players and FULL room the same as other camps too...TLT only 15 players and full...What about this ???

:lol: :lol:
Do you have 16GB of RAM?
Milan
One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, better lock your door.
Five, six, grab your crucifix.
Seven, eight, gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, never sleep again..