Being asked to Re-boot is NOT a punishment

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
slapshot

Being asked to Re-boot is NOT a punishment

Post by slapshot »

Notice to all newer members: If you are asked to re-boot, please do so. This is not a punishment. But if you are asked 3 or 4 times and you still say "no" then you are asking to be kicked. This is not something we care to do. So if someone requests it, then kindly re-boot. And simply leaving the camp and immediately returning is NOT a re-boot. Logging completely out and then logging back in is a re-boot. It may also require that you CLEAR YOUR CACHE (browsing history) as well.
On behalf of all players with good connection,
Thank you for cooperating.

:biggthumbsup: :cheers:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

andrey

Re: Being asked to Re-boot is NOT a punishment

Post by andrey »

Well I think that its was a unfair for me and Mike because when we stored up ammo
( a lot ) and we get a message saying to "reboot" and I look up to see my ammo and I got a lot of ammo.I CAN'T REPY TO SAY TO WAIT FOR MY AMMO TO RUN OUT BECAUSE OF MY BAD CONNECTION!! :biggthumbsdown: ???
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

andrey wrote:Well I think that its was a unfair for me and Mike because when we stored up ammo
( a lot ) and we get a message saying to "reboot" and I look up to see my ammo and I got a lot of ammo.I CAN'T REPY TO SAY TO WAIT FOR MY AMMO TO RUN OUT BECAUSE OF MY BAD CONNECTION!! :biggthumbsdown: ???
Believe me Andrey, I do understand that. And now most of us do understand that there is little you can do about your connection. So you'll notice I no longer ask you to re-boot. But also, you have to see the other side. For the rest of us with good connection, we've worked so hard to achieve our frag level and status. Only to have a player come into our camps who can take 20 - 30 shots and keeps going. Shoots us ONCE and we are dead! So I ask you does that sound very fair?

andrey

Post by andrey »

One shot one kill? I think that that is Juan your talking about.He has like 90% damage? Heuses the XM - 29 and it has lots of damage.And he is really hard to kill too.Prabably hacked the health so it goes down slowly.
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

slapshot wrote:
andrey wrote:Well I think that its was a unfair for me and Mike because when we stored up ammo
Believe me Andrey, I do understand that. And now most of us do understand that there is little you can do about your connection. So you'll notice I no longer ask you to re-boot. But also, you have to see the other side. For the rest of us with good connection, we've worked so hard to achieve our frag level and status. Only to have a player come into our camps who can take 20 - 30 shots and keeps going. Shoots us ONCE and we are dead! So I ask you does that sound very fair?
Such players should be asked for rebooting PC. :lol:
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

andrey wrote:One shot one kill? I think that that is Juan your talking about.He has like 90% damage? Heuses the XM - 29 and it has lots of damage.And he is really hard to kill too.Prabably hacked the health so it goes down slowly.
No, I can assure you that juan507 is not running a hack. And I'm not planning on calling out individual players by name here. We can debate this all day, it does not change the intent of my original post:
Newer players tend to think that they are being harassed when they are asked to re-boot. But your message is loud and clear. If a player has in fact already re-booted and the connection is no better, then they should not be repeatedly asked to do so again.

So I'll remind all of the Elite players,
> elite camp is still a viable command and will rid the camp of bad connection players. Or if one joins your camp and does not want to re-boot, > # out (# = player number on roster from top down) will kick that player out. (2 players must use the command).
:wink:
:cheers:

Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Andrey, if a player enters your camp, and starts to ask you to reboot. Then your argument about losing all your ammo, is quite reasonable. And you should tell them to put up or shut up.
On the other hand, if you enter a camp, and a Player asks you to reboot. Then it's common decency to respect their wishes.

If I see 1 or 2 bad connection players in a camp. Then I don't enter that camp.

Remus does not ban players for their connection quality, but he has banned a few for bad attitude :wink:
:cheers:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
andrey

Post by andrey »

Like you slapshot, YOU asked me how I shot and killed you in midair.You asked me HOW I did it .I tried to reply but I couldn't because of my connection.You said if I didn't reply you would kick me out.You started counting down and then you kicked me out.AND MY AMMO!

P.S did you ever "specticate" Juan? See how his " technics"
are really skill?
SILVER SEBRIGHT

ONE BYTE
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

Not everyone can have great connection or pc and who doesnt have it usually takes lots of bullets to die. Experienced players should be used to it and know what to do... But naming everyone who doesnt die normally is not needed... :wink:
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

andrey wrote:Like you slapshot, YOU asked me how I shot and killed you in midair.You asked me HOW I did it .I tried to reply but I couldn't because of my connection.You said if I didn't reply you would kick me out.You started counting down and then you kicked me out.AND MY AMMO!

P.S did you ever "specticate" Juan? See how his " technics"
are really skill?
Chill Andrey, I'm not "out" for you! :lol:
But you did help made my point: "I tried to reply but I couldn't because of my connection". We know you've got a bad one (one of the worst in fact) and have done everything you could to correct it. So you don't hear it much any more. Think :think: when was the last time I asked you to re-boot?
My message is not to you, it's to the newer players.

Oh, and yes, I have spectated juan507. And played against him in matches, free fro all and one vs. one. His connection is less than desirable. We all know that. But he plays fair just like you do...just with more skill. :mrgreen:
And for the record, his connection has improved a lot recently over what it used to be!