Incredible speed of players in Free For All-What's going on?

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
abe

Incredible speed of players in Free For All-What's going on?

Post by abe »

I apologize if this has come up earlier. I have not played for a little while and now when I go into Free for All I see that everybody is moving very fast. and I'm not. How does this work? I'd be grateful if you could explain how to achieve this kind of speed.
hawk

Re: Incredible speed of players in Free For All-What's going on?

Post by hawk »

abe wrote:I apologize if this has come up earlier. I have not played for a little while and now when I go into Free for All I see that everybody is moving very fast. and I'm not. How does this work? I'd be grateful if you could explain how to achieve this kind of speed.
:smile: Hi there this feature as been here for a while now,if you notice you will see two running legs on the left side of your screen,while moving you hold the Edown while moving,this enables you to run.
You can only run for a limited time until it builds up again,if you get killed you don't have to wait till it builds up. :biggthumbsup:
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Or you may also use "Shift+W". But watch the meter, it is limited! It will regenerate with time, and will immediately regenerate after spawning.
A few other changes: Suicide results in loss of RPG and Pro Gun Ammo! (You can collect again) and the "Jump" now has a slight delay between each activation to avoid the "kangaroo bounce" !
:cheers:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

abe

Post by abe »

Thanks a lot for your helpful replies. I have two further questions:

1. To the left of the two legs icon there is another icon that looks like a chest of drawers of something. What is it?

2. I notice that many times I throw a grenade at somebody and they survive and I die, even if I throw it far and they are closer to where the grenade explodes. Is there any strategy/trick to avoid this? Thanks again.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

abe wrote:Thanks a lot for your helpful replies. I have two further questions:

1. To the left of the two legs icon there is another icon that looks like a chest of drawers of something. What is it?

2. I notice that many times I throw a grenade at somebody and they survive and I die, even if I throw it far and they are closer to where the grenade explodes. Is there any strategy/trick to avoid this? Thanks again.
Answers:
1. That is the Land mine indicator. It shows that
a: you have possession of a land mine,
b: When transparent, you are in an area where the mine CANNOT be placed,
e.g. warehouse or near spawn point.

Of course to place the mine, you press the "L" key, but keep moving or it will backfire on you!

2. There could be several reasons for this. If a player has full health, it will take more than one grenade.
Or a bad connection player is not receiving the full packet. :whatis:
If this is the case, launch the grenade where he will be instead of directly at him.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want!

:cheers:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”