No Request but a Feature Question

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Timberwolf

No Request but a Feature Question

Post by Timberwolf »

Hey,

Remus, I'm wondering about how Smooth Motion works.

With my fast motion settings and good FPS and all the updates you've made, I and the rest of good connection land can now play a lot better vs. certain players.

But I've noticed in SMC Domination that I can't snipe anyone if they have that wiggling, jumpy, packet-eating movement.

If I'm the only person standing between them and score, then it's score.

Even when they're walking in a perfectly straight line (misnomer, I'm aware), I still get a slight jump to the right or left (sporadically; it's impossible to know, only guess) that causes me to completely miss the sniper shot. It will be aimed directly at them on red target when I shoot, but as soon as I push the mouse, they're 2 steps (or sometimes more) in a completely different direction.

Does Smooth Motion stop this? If so, I'll switch to it during SMC Domination matches and take my licks with the quicksand-like face-to-face fights, since sniping is the #1 key in this game.

I ask because I've noticed some players can still snipe those players, and I suspect it's because their machines are better than mine. :biggthumbsup:

I'm no slouch with the sniper. I'd rate myself a 7 of 10. But I'm n00b in SMC Domination vs. the teams we play. Yesterday, I had 0 sniper kills. It was not from lack of trying. Today I got about 3.

:worship:

:cheers:
Remus

Re: No Request but a Feature Question

Post by Remus »

Timberwolf wrote: Does Smooth Motion stop this?

I ask because I've noticed some players can still snipe those players, and I suspect it's because their machines are better than mine.
Yes and yes.
Faster machines = better aiming
Smooth Motion = much better motions = better aiming.
But to set the game engine to "Smooth Motion" you need over 45 FPS in full camp.
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

:evil:

Okay. Then I can't do it.

In 2vs2 domination, I can get 45-48/50. 3vs3, I drop down to about 35-40/50. Full camp in any team game, I'm looking at 20/50. (I'm taking into account the fact that my FPS drops after 30 minutes of playing. To start out, I can get 49/50 w/anyone playing for the first 10 minutes lol)

Not bad for me at all. I learned to play and completed with 5-20/50 forever. But it's not good enough for smooth motion.

BOOOOOOOOOOO! :biggthumbsdown:

Remus

Post by Remus »

Timberwolf wrote:In 2vs2 domination, I can get 45-48/50.
You can try "Smooth Motion".
But in case of FPS drop, you're going to move yourself like a snail.
:lol:
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Yeah. I tried it before and I was stuck in concrete boots while the world moved around me. :lol:

I'll get another PC upgrade before I do that. :biggthumbsup: As soon as I catch a good week, I'm getting that new HDD and then XP. So I can wait.
ZeronMan

Post by ZeronMan »

Timberwolf wrote:Yeah. I tried it before and I was stuck in concrete boots while the world moved around me. :lol:

I'll get another PC upgrade before I do that. :biggthumbsup: As soon as I catch a good week, I'm getting that new HDD and then XP. So I can wait.
same here, the first time i started playing H2, I clicked Smooth Motion when I joined, everything was slow for me, And I was too stubborn to switch it to fast motion........until I realized it helped me move much much faster. you know what my FPS is?????????? 1 out of 50!!! Thanks to fast motion, it doesn't bring it up, but still makes things faster. :worship:
Target, 2 clicks out. Lock n’ load. Let’s look alive gentlemen.