Moving when Sniping

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Dorsai

Moving when Sniping

Post by Dorsai »

This may have been discussed before, and if so, I would like to again bring forward the request.

When sniping, there can be no movement when the scope is engaged. However, some limited movement by the sniper when the scope is engaged is desirable in order to fine tune the POA. While it is true that disengaging the scope allows the sniper to move, even the short time needed to disengage the scope, move slightly, re-engage the scope, and again acquire the target can permit significant movement of the target due to the sniper losing visual contact with the target for even such a short period of time.

It may not be possible to limit the amount of a player's movement when the scope is engaged but players who move and shoot with the scope engaged on a continuous basis will soon learn that doing so is counter-productive (if they care about staying alive because such movement will blind them to peripheral threats.

Thanks,
Dorsai

:sniper:
No guns, no peace.
Know guns, know peace.
Scrappitt

Re: Moving when Sniping

Post by Scrappitt »

In reality snipers do not move when they are looking down there scope!
Why should we expect to be able to do it here.

:shock:
Scrap

Officially Retired!
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

In reality snipers do not move when they are looking down there scope!
Why should we expect to be able to do it here.
Because:

In reality, people don't wiggle and move 4x faster than Usian Bolt runs while carrying a 50-pound machine gun

In reality, people don't take 5 sniper shots to the head and chest, 8 bombs directly at their feet, 3 shotguns in the back and 40+ mgun bullets without dying

In reality, people don't skip 10 places like a Star Trek transport and suddenly start firing at 2x the normal rate in a burst of uberdestruction

In reality, people don't die 2 seconds after you and then respawn 1 second before you waiting to shoot

In reality, people don't move like penguins on meth while avoiding every single mother-lovin' shot you send their way

In reality, people don't ice skate in Army boots

So why not move while sniping? It's the logical progression of this... whatever you call it. :lol:

I used to be all aboard the reality train, trying to bring realness into this game. But my market (normal people) don't provide enough money so we don't get realism. We get our asses kicked.

I want to move while using scope AND fire 4 guns at once. GIMMIE! :mrgreen:

:cheers:
Scrappitt

Post by Scrappitt »

You forgot to mention the Zombie. Or perhaps the US is full with them? :lol:

:shock:
Scrap

Officially Retired!
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Oh, we have plenty of zombies.

Ironically enough, our zombies die from ONE headshot. :shock:

:worship:

These strange Euro zombies are a new breed. :help:
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

[In reality snipers do not move when they are looking down there scope!
Why should we expect to be able to do it here.]

While this may be somewhat true, military snipers, for the most part, have a secure hide as well as a security team that backs them up and if they need to shift their bodies slightly to get a better sight picture they can do so. All we can do is move the rifle - which is not the same thing.
No guns, no peace.
Know guns, know peace.
Remus

Post by Remus »

Do you want to move yourself and to have 100% accuracy at the same time?
This is a bad idea.
:wink:
CarnEvil

Post by CarnEvil »

In video reality, you can do anything that is not possible. Besides, this game shouldn't be that realistic.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRetroZombie?feature=mhum
Remus

Post by Remus »

CarnEvil wrote:In video reality, you can do anything that is not possible. Besides, this game shouldn't be that realistic.
I agree with you:
in most of the cases, something very realistic is not funny at all.
But in this case, the purpose of the scope is 100% accuracy at any distance to the target.
So you cannot move yourself if Scope = ON (I won't change that).
:wink: