Chat Alert Feature?

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Timberwolf

Chat Alert Feature?

Post by Timberwolf »

Over the past few weeks, It's harder to get teams together due to the locked and full camps and players hovering together.

It seems like every time we're about to get a team match started, it falls apart because so-and-so was in a full camp and somebody left because it took too long to set up.

What about a chat alert feature players can use?

I was thinking it would work like this:

Click on the camp to see the list just like you always do, and if your teammate's in there (or maybe even anyone on a registered team), you could double-click their name and that player will receive an alert in the camp.

Example, if supreme clicked on the list and double-clicked my name: "Timberwolf: You are wanted in the Chat Lobby"

It would be the same default message for every player, and players would know that they're wanted by their teammate or a team member for something or for a team match.

Of course, you need the ProPack and a registered team to use this. And I don't think it will be that much of a deal since the live camps are already showing data to the outside (or however that all works).

It will be a good way to get players, and it soothes a few people's requests about wanting to enter physically into a full or locked camp.

This doesn't disturb a camp. An alert would show up just like "I just killed myself" message.

:cheers:
supreme

Re: Chat Alert Feature?

Post by supreme »

Timberwolf wrote:Over the past few weeks, It's harder to get teams together due to the locked and full camps and players hovering together.

It seems like every time we're about to get a team match started, it falls apart because so-and-so was in a full camp and somebody left because it took too long to set up.

I was thinking it would work like this:

Click on the camp to see the list just like you always do, and if your teammate's in there (or maybe even anyone on a registered team), you could double-click their name and that player will receive an alert in the camp.

Example, if supreme clicked on the list and double-clicked my name: "Timberwolf: You are wanted in the Chat Lobby"

It would be the same default message for every player, and players would know that they're wanted by their teammate or a team member for something or for a team match.

Of course, you need the ProPack and a registered team to use this. And I don't think it will be that much of a deal since the live camps are already showing data to the outside (or however that all works).

It will be a good way to get players, and it soothes a few people's requests about wanting to enter physically into a full or locked camp.

This doesn't disturb a camp. An alert would show up just like "I just killed myself" message.

Yes Yes we need this , sometimes camps are full or locked, and we cannot do anything :cry:
we should propagate a message to camp and josh told the good msg.. hehe or it could be like this

e.g if i want to say something from out of the camp:
supreme :ABC come to "xyz" camp
:
Remus

Post by Remus »

Timberwolf wrote:Over the past few weeks, It's harder to get teams together due to the locked and full camps and players hovering together.

Technically speaking, each map is a different game.
So you cannot broadcast a message to all the maps, camps & players (unless you join all the maps).
But after you select a map, a multiplayer mode and you list the camps, the situation is different.
At this point you can broadcast a message to all those players.
I will study the subject.
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Well, that's what I mean.

I'm not speaking about the list that shows all online players. I'm thinking about the camp-specific list that tells you 1-8 players.

Like if I logon to SMC and see these in SMC camp1:

Cins
mucaht
supreme
Milan
Lenny
Abacs
Topz
Zoldyck

And if I need to get in touch with a player but can't get in since it's a full camp, I could double-click on supreme's name and she would receive a default message only in that camp. Well, the camp would receive it, but it would be addressed to surpeme.

"Supreme: You are wanted in Chat"

It could be that same default every time, just replacing the name with whichever name is clicked.
Remus

Post by Remus »

Timberwolf wrote:And if I need to get in touch with a player but can't get in since it's a full camp, I could double-click on supreme's name and she would receive a default message only in that camp. Well, the camp would receive it, but it would be addressed to surpeme.
You cannot click on supreme's name for 2 reasons:
1) there is no button to click on (that's a text list, but not a buttons list).
2) you cannot talk to supreme if you don't join her camp.

The only solution (and a better one) is the following:
after you list the camps of the current map & multiplayer mode,
you can send a message to all those players.
Your message is signed "Call_Of_Duty".
All the players with the same team will receive your message.
:wink:
p.s.
Of course, hoorain and similar players cannot receive your message.
:lol:
Remus

Post by Remus »

See the latest v2.10 update.
unescaped

Post by unescaped »

Tengo una idea Remus...
dices que cada jugador que presione Team Alert le manda una señal en el juego (Team called by player)

Que te parece si cada vez que un jugador de un equipo presione ese boton sean enviados al chat del juego para conversar..
:mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hardstyle-Jumpstyle
I love Patrick Jumpen