Display remaining life

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
My_Bullet

Display remaining life

Post by My_Bullet »

Remus, greetings. I hope all is well with you and your family. I love the updates and the redesign of the camps. You attention to detail makes the virtual war world experience quite exhilarating.

I am not sure if this has ever been suggested.

Would it be possible to list the amount of health that someone has next to their name in the dialogue box in the upper left quadrant of the screen.

It is very hard to read the players name, life score, target and shoot all at the same time. The firefights are very quick and it is may experience that I am only able to process the opponents name. If I am snipering someone then maybe I can take in all of the info but in a general firefight it is lost.

I do notice that I keep track of the other player's relative score. I frequently check the score box to see how many frags an opponent has accumulated or who won a firefight that I heard in the distance.

By seeing the life next to the name in the score box you can go into a fire fight already knowing the relative strength of your opponent. It can embolden you if you know they are wounded and make you more cautious if you are the weaker party.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to comments. Have a great day.

My_Bullet

"At least look at me when you shoot a bullet through my head"
Timberwolf

Re: Display remaining life

Post by Timberwolf »

My uneducated noob opinion on this:

Most players in this game don't have good enough connection to display their accurate health status on the board for all to see. :lol:

Just yesterday in my game, my health read as 130 to me, but Milan seen it as 117.

I don't know why. Could be something on my end. Maybe something on his end. Maybe the server can't always keep things updated in live time during a game.

I just don't see that it would work. And not that it "can't" technically work, but more that it's not something worth it to implement in the game.

But other than that, I don't have an opinion on the feature either way.

:cheers:
My_Bullet

Post by My_Bullet »

Good points. Maybe the technical issues will disappear when the game is moved into full production.

Thanks for the response.

My_Bullet

Gimme back my bullets
Put 'em back where they belong
Remus

Post by Remus »

Josh had a good point.
Also:
1) I don't like the idea to hunt the weakest player.
2) to fill the screen with more & less useful infos is not a good idea.
I think the current approach is the best one from any point of view.
:wink:
Thanks for feedback anyway.
:cheers:
My_Bullet

Post by My_Bullet »

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. I don't have the same aversion to preying on the weak in the camp. Keeps the Game play fun by forcing them to bring their game up or vacate the camp.

What is the distance between a bullet and a gun