Penalty for killing a teammate and for suicide

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
Remus

Penalty for killing a teammate and for suicide

Post by Remus »

Milan wrote:And I have one solution for this, I hope Remus will read this: That in team rooms (DM, CTF and DOM) you cannot see your teammates status (HP and armor), only opponent status :twisted:
They can talk, so that won't change anything.
I think I have to raise the penalty for killing a teammate.
:wink:
Milan

Re: Messenger_of_Death

Post by Milan »

Remus wrote: They can talk, so that won't change anything.
I think I have to raise the penalty for killing a teammate.
True, I think that also, but I thought that talking will take them more time, especial when a lot of turks cannot write after some time of playing cause of thir not so good PC-s.

But bigger penalty is good option as well, something like loosing all PRO ammo :twisted:
Milan
One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, better lock your door.
Five, six, grab your crucifix.
Seven, eight, gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, never sleep again..
Remus

Re: Penalty for killing a teammate

Post by Remus »

The current penalty is -33 health points.
In CTF and Domination I think it's enough.
Because if you kill a teammate, you lose health and precious seconds (the resurrection of your mate).
But in Deathmatch we have many players with bad attitude.
The current penalty is not enough.
I'm waiting for suggestions.
:cheers:
Topz007

Post by Topz007 »

Remus wrote:The current penalty is -33 health points.
In CTF and Domination I think it's enough.
Because if you kill a teammate, you lose health and precious seconds (the resurrection of your mate).
But in Deathmatch we have many players with bad attitude.
The current penalty is not enough.
I'm waiting for suggestions.
For me it's great, because sometimes, accidents happen.
Eg when one teammate crosses in front of fire!
Also, some guys do not know have responsibilities with bombs, rpg7, etc, etc ...
:mrgreen:
Semper Parabellum
Topz007
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Why does'nt the opposite team gain a point when one team mate kills another :?:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

The opposite team getting a point sounds good, but sometimes it really is a mistake.

supreme might step in front of me, I might walk on her mine, topz might go Rambo and kill everyone with a bomb - these aren't on purpose. We're not trying to police the accidents. We're trying to punish the idiots who abuse the format and gladly kill a teammate so the other team can't.

How about this:

If you kill a teammate, it's the same as suicide - only worse! You lose EVERY weapon except your starter ammo: a few pistol shots, a few shotguns, 60 p-gun.

So for the people who do it on purpose, they have to run around and reload. They just can't kill a teammate and then keep fighting like normal. They'll have NO bombs, NO mgun, NO M4, NO sniper, etc.

And for the people who do it accidentally, well, they won't do it often enough for there to be a real issue about having to reload. They'll just have to be more careful.

For the landmines - I was thinking that if I teammate steps on your landmine, both should die and have to wait a full spawn period to get another mine.

(It doesn't seem like a big punishment at first, but it works out: in a smaller map, both spawning gives you the advantage to set-up on them, and in DOM, those 5 seconds give you time to move the dog, likewise with CTF. So it's a big punishment!)

I personally watched a few of our buddies walk on their own mines and each other's mines when they had low health.

Once or twice - okay, it's an "accident." But they did this about 20 times in the course of one game. Nobody is that stupid.

(I did it before, but that's because my stupid monitor settings show both as the exact same blue. Now that's changed and I don't do it anymore. So wtf guys? That's just cheap!)

It doesn't give the other team a point, so this is a cheater's favorite way to save a point off the board if they're running around with 30HP and no chickens are cluckin' around.

Scrappitt

Post by Scrappitt »

Personally I think that if you kill a team mate you lose a point whether its an accident or not.
It means that you have to be more aware of who is around and whether its worth the gamble of firing that rocket, pistol, etc.

I think a landmine is different because if you blow a team mate up then you lose the function of that landmine and that is enough penalty.

:shock:
Scrap

Officially Retired!
Milan

Post by Milan »

Well, I am not for that games should look like on real life BUT maybe it isn't so bad. Teams should play like teams, If I find myself in crossfire I should find better way or tactic to kill opponent but not to hurt my teammate at the same time. Like own goal in football (not USA football :lol: ), penalty is goal for opponent team. So here it should be a frag to opponent team or a frag minus to your team. This way we will see real teamwork and tactics and not a bunch of shooting without sense :wink:
Milan
One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, better lock your door.
Five, six, grab your crucifix.
Seven, eight, gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, never sleep again..
Scrappitt

Post by Scrappitt »

You should lose a frag if you are careless, not the opponents gain 1 for doing nothing

:shock:
Scrap

Officially Retired!
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Timberwolf wrote:supreme might step in front of me, I might walk on her mine, topz might go Rambo and kill everyone with a bomb - these aren't on purpose. We're not trying to police the accidents.
Yes Josh, but it's the same for all teams, it should be just as important to not kill team mates as it is to kill the other team.

The player who is killing team mates is 70 to 80% of the time at fault, so when he is killed he should re spawn with only 30hp. This could also be for players killing them selfs with team mates mines
Scrappitt wrote:You should lose a frag if you are careless, not the opponents gain 1 for doing nothing
I can't see a massive difference Simon, but yes your approach would be better. :biggthumbsup:

Maybe this should be done after the game (if it's possible)
Score = Team a 30 Team Mates Killed 7| Team b 26 TMK 2
Final Score = Team a 23 / Team b 24
Team b wins

Maybe a TMK in the Top Teams list, this would show the guilty team as well

“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Topz007

Post by Topz007 »

Timberwolf wrote:The opposite team getting a point sounds good, but sometimes it really is a mistake.

supreme might step in front of me, I might walk on her mine, topz might go Rambo and kill everyone with a bomb - these aren't on purpose. We're not trying to police the accidents. We're trying to punish the idiots who abuse the format and gladly kill a teammate so the other team can't.

How about this:

If you kill a teammate, it's the same as suicide - only worse! You lose EVERY weapon except your starter ammo: a few pistol shots, a few shotguns, 60 p-gun.

So for the people who do it on purpose, they have to run around and reload. They just can't kill a teammate and then keep fighting like normal. They'll have NO bombs, NO mgun, NO M4, NO sniper, etc.

And for the people who do it accidentally, well, they won't do it often enough for there to be a real issue about having to reload. They'll just have to be more careful.

For the landmines - I was thinking that if I teammate steps on your landmine, both should die and have to wait a full spawn period to get another mine.

(It doesn't seem like a big punishment at first, but it works out: in a smaller map, both spawning gives you the advantage to set-up on them, and in DOM, those 5 seconds give you time to move the dog, likewise with CTF. So it's a big punishment!)

I personally watched a few of our buddies walk on their own mines and each other's mines when they had low health.

Once or twice - okay, it's an "accident." But they did this about 20 times in the course of one game. Nobody is that stupid.

(I did it before, but that's because my stupid monitor settings show both as the exact same blue. Now that's changed and I don't do it anymore. So wtf guys? That's just cheap!)

It doesn't give the other team a point, so this is a cheater's favorite way to save a point off the board if they're running around with 30HP and no chickens are cluckin' around.

And there's the problem, his teammate stepping on a land mine, after all, you had no fault, if he did not see it! :roll:
Semper Parabellum
Topz007
Yeart

Post by Yeart »

-Bueno Remo mira:

Este pots Si un jugador mata a otro en "Dm" oEn "mach"
al Jugador ke mataro y es de su mismo equpo k se le sume al otro team telo deo mas facil.

Si un compañero mata a su otro compañero en De al otro team se le sube 1 punto y al otro se la baja 1.
No Longer a Noob
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Two more idea's

1- killing a team mate = loss of health bonus for the rest of the game
Killing a second team mate = loss of ? bonus and so on ( Like Josh's idea but loss of bonuses rather than weapons).
2- a sin bin, when a player kills a team mate, he is automatically put on break time for 60 seconds :?:

These Turkish players are really contributing to making this game bomb proof against cheating morons :lol:
Good work guys :biggthumbsup:
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

I really don't have a problem with the point idea. But I know from experience: playing these idiot pinger teams is NOT EASY. You'll have to group on them, because they simply won't die 1vs1 with basic gunfire.

So things like firing bombs, setting mines, making the wrong move, etc, are things that are really unavoidable in a game setting like this. This isn't real life, obviously. :lol:

So if I'm playing the worst of what Turkish Soldiers offers and I accidentally kill topz with a bomb blast, giving them a point seems like too much of a win for the opposite team.

This is how I'm looking at it - a lot of these teams already have an advantage. You have to play PERFECT to beat them. Slipups giving them even more of an advantage won't be good in the long run.
Remus

Post by Remus »

Starting with v2.25, if you kill a teammate:
- you lose 50 health points
- you lose all the Pro weapons ammo.
In any team mode!
Topz007

Post by Topz007 »

Remus wrote:Starting with v2.25, if you kill a teammate:
- you lose 50 health points
- you lose all the Pro weapons ammo.
In any team mode!
If you kill him on purpose? And if he step on a mine? On purpose? Or by accident! :?:
Semper Parabellum
Topz007
Remus

Post by Remus »

Topz007 wrote:If you kill him on purpose? And if he step on a mine? On purpose? Or by accident! :?:
No penalty for landmines.
You already lose the mine and precious time (to get another one).
Topz007

Post by Topz007 »

I played today, me and manga,,, x,,, and preveen albi,, albi praveen and killed himself several times when we were fighting among themselves, but saw no point to be counted in favor of my team, he committed suicide, but I was who was not healthy, not the point to be counted in my favor, this happened several times, they kill themselves with their own bombs, and also cause a huge damage on the opponent, this way is easier to gain next fight face to face :baby:
Semper Parabellum
Topz007
Remus

Post by Remus »

Topz007 wrote:I played today, me and manga,,, x,,, and preveen albi,, albi praveen and killed himself several times when we were fighting among themselves, but saw no point to be counted in favor of my team, he committed suicide, but I was who was not healthy, not the point to be counted in my favor, this happened several times, they kill themselves with their own bombs, and also cause a huge damage on the opponent, this way is easier to gain next fight face to face :baby:
The current penalties for suicide are:
1) in Deathmatch: the opposite team is credited with 1 point.
2) in CTF & Domination: you lose the all rockets and the sniper (M-14) ammo.
If you want more penalties in CTF & Domination, let's hear some opinions.
But in CTF & Domination, 1 flag/dog for the opposite team is out of question.
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

Topz007 wrote:albi praveen and killed himself several times when we were fighting among themselves,
Serval Times :lol: We are Not die more then 2,3 Times then Whats happend to manga he died also more times then we :wink: But i think score board was working fine. :roll:
Topz007

Post by Topz007 »

Praveen wrote:
Topz007 wrote:albi praveen and killed himself several times when we were fighting among themselves,
Serval Times :lol: We are Not die more then 2,3 Times then Whats happend to manga he died also more times then we :wink: But i think score board was working fine. :roll:
yea, working only for yours!! :whatis:
Semper Parabellum
Topz007
Topz007

Re: Penalty for killing a teammate and for suicide

Post by Topz007 »

ok boss
hopefully this time things work better for all
Semper Parabellum
Topz007
Remus

Post by Remus »

Topz007 wrote:ok boss
I get the feeling you mixed "I just killed myself" with "I just killed a teammate".
And the penalties are different.
Talking about Praveen and albi, they killed each other because they are newbies.
But they are honest players.
:lol:
Topz007

Post by Topz007 »

Remus wrote:
Topz007 wrote:ok boss
I get the feeling you mixed "I just killed myself" with "I just killed a teammate".
And the penalties are different.
Talking about Praveen and albi, they killed each other because they are newbies.
But they are honest players.
no offenses
I just think that they played a lot with the turkish_soldiers to pick up this habit of committing suicide allah-o-Ackbar :mrgreen:
Semper Parabellum
Topz007
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

Topz007 wrote: no offenses
I just think that they played a lot with the turkish_soldiers to pick up this habit of committing suicide allah-o-Ackbar
i Think u Don't Know About My Team leader. he Will says Everytime Dont Cheat :evil: Bcoz We spectate & we will see my mates where die they are. But My leader Dont Want that hehe he says no cheat!

& We Don't do like That Turkish guys. i will kill a mate in Every match :oops:

Remus That Penalty was extremely bad to me i lose all my sniper & Machine guns. its ok. we have shotgun so far thanx for that. :biggthumbsup:
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

Remus,

its happening again when i die accidently they are saying its injustice we are not getting points but i dont want to die its happening 2,3 Times :oops: (in matches) its was accident bcoz i allways launch bombs & they are getting points also in matches if im die accident they are getting 1 point & i lose all my "Right click" STONES what they need from me saying injustice :baby:

p.s Sry to ....... For argue :pompom: