How Long?

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
Remus

Re: How Long?

Post by Remus »

I really don't know Josh.
All I know is that last month I had to spend over 1.5 TB (1500 GB) bandwidth. :shock:
Also, the snipers deserve their map and I'm working on that.
I'm pushing Shockwave 3D to its limits: ultra shaders!
KIN.jpg
:P
So instead of asking me the release date, you should try to replace that Commodore 64 with a decent computer.
And that's because if you want to play with people with your own type of connection and your FPS ... :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milan

Post by Milan »

If I remember, you said that your speed of Internet is 36 MB, and you pay that with a lot of money, why not take twice as slow internet (18 or 16 MB), and with the rest of the money buy a computer on credit (loan) ... :?:
:biggthumbsup:
Milan
One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, better lock your door.
Five, six, grab your crucifix.
Seven, eight, gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, never sleep again..
claudio90

Post by claudio90 »

Milan wrote:If I remember, you said that your speed of Internet is 36 MB, and you pay that with a lot of money, why not take twice as slow internet (18 or 16 MB), and with the rest of the money buy a computer on credit (loan) ... :?:
:biggthumbsup:
Hi Milan. Come on. He don't need so much internet speed. The bandwidth is maybe 36 MB, but the really speed is smaller. Or I am wrong??? I have at home about 2 - 3 Mbps internet speed, and at work I have about 500 Kbps (which mean 0,5 Mbps). What about your internet speed? You can test your intenet speed on many sites, for example on www.bandwidthplace.com. My bandwidth is 100 Mbps, but that don't mean I have same speed. How I told... :baby:
Remus

Post by Remus »

Guys,

There're 3 different things involved here:
1) bandwidth (how many KB per second can you download)
2) ping (response time)
3) connection quality

Hopeless 2 has been design to run perfect with pings better than 160ms and needs only 16KB/s (160kbit per second) bandwidth. :mrgreen:
But many people have cheap ISP, and for this reason traffic bottlenecks & lost data packets every minute.
I know a few players from USA with ping <80ms, huge bandwidth (>10Mbps) but horrible connection.
For a multiplayer 1st person shooter (the fastest action) the connection quality is critical.
:wink:
claudio90

Post by claudio90 »

Remus wrote:Guys,

There're 3 different things involved here:
1) bandwidth (how many KB per second can you download)
2) ping (response time)
3) connection quality

Hopeless 2 has been design to run perfect with pings better than 160ms and needs only 16KB/s (160kbit per second) bandwidth. :mrgreen:
But many people have cheap ISP, and for this reason traffic bottlenecks & lost data packets every minute.
I know a few players from USA with ping <80ms, huge bandwidth (>10Mbps) but horrible connection.
For a multiplayer 1st person shooter (the fastest action) the connection quality is critical.
Remus, If I have FPS for example, between 10/50 and 25/50, other players from map can see my problem??? Did affects the others in any way? Or only the terrible conection?
Remus

Post by Remus »

claudio90 wrote:Remus, If I have FPS for example, between 10/50 and 25/50, other players from map can see my problem??? Did affects the others in any way? Or only the terrible conection?
10-25 is a bad FPS value (you need a decent graphics card).
But your ping should be 160ms, both RomTelecom and RDS a very good ISPs,
so you look OK for the rest of the players.
Your main problem at 10-25 FPS is that you cannot aim properly (less accuracy).
p.s.
To get 100% accuracy and perfect motions, you need to switch the game engine to "Smooth Motion"
in the main menu.
But your minimum FPS value has to be 45 if you want "Smooth Motion" :!:
claudio90

Post by claudio90 »

Remus wrote:
claudio90 wrote:Remus, If I have FPS for example, between 10/50 and 25/50, other players from map can see my problem??? Did affects the others in any way? Or only the terrible conection?
10-25 is a bad FPS value (you need a decent graphics card).
But your ping should be 160ms, both RomTelecom and RDS a very good ISPs,
so you look OK for the rest of the players.
Your main problem at 10-25 FPS is that you cannot aim properly (less accuracy).
p.s.
To get 100% accuracy and perfect motions, you need to switch the game engine to "Smooth Motion"
in the main menu.
But your minimum FPS value has to be 45 if you want "Smooth Motion" :!:
Thank you Remus, this low FPS i have it specially at work, weak computer, and here I have and low internet speed, but enough good, when I test ping, show me 160, download speed is about 500 Kbps, when I use alone, because to this modem are connected others sometime, than I have bad conection. Computer features: Intel Celeron CPU 420 / 1,60 GHz / 504 MB of RAM/ Psyhical Adress Extension. And here, at work, my internet is from VODAFONE.
But at home I have better computer, and better internet conection, the internet services is from RDS at home. Anyway, and at home I need better computer, because it have only 1024 MB of RAM. At least at home internet speed is good.
You are right. I can't aim properly when I have low FPS. Is verry frustratting. :sniper: