Invincible Chat

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
DeadlySpawn

Invincible Chat

Post by DeadlySpawn »

When people chat they usually get killed (Including me) by other players so when someone is chatting can you make them invincible for the moment?
Spawn
ZeronMan

Re: Invincible Chat

Post by ZeronMan »

That's not a good idea for a main reason, and that reason is that bad attitude people would just simply hit "Enter" to chat when they ware being killed. Therefore, the player can stand there until the attacker goes away and THAT'S an unfair advantage to a player being shot at. There are three possible solutions: 1. Remus could make you invincible when you chat ONLY when you're at full health (still don't think he will do it though) or 2. You can tough it out like everyone else and find a hiding spot for the time being and 3. TYPE FASTER! :baby:
Target, 2 clicks out. Lock n’ load. Let’s look alive gentlemen.
Milan

Post by Milan »

DeadlySpawn wrote:When people chat they usually get killed (Including me) by other players so when someone is chatting can you make them invincible for the moment?
Use a break time option.
Milan
One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, better lock your door.
Five, six, grab your crucifix.
Seven, eight, gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, never sleep again..
ZeronMan

Post by ZeronMan »

Or you could do that ^ :lol:
Target, 2 clicks out. Lock n’ load. Let’s look alive gentlemen.
DeadlySpawn

Post by DeadlySpawn »

Milan wrote: Use a break time option.
But then when the break time is over you can still die
Spawn
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

I have to admit, one of my biggest pet peeves in the history of Hopeless is to be shot while I'm typing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to stand there and type and be safe. But when a "pro" shoots you and knows full well that you're typing, I think that's cheap and dirty.

But there's no way to stop it beyond using > break time.

And, only my opinion of course, even if there was a way, I think it would be wasted time and resources for Remus to implement anything like that.

After all, everybody's going to die. It sucks and it's sometimes rude to take an L while you're just typing, but the onus is on the typer to not get killed at the end of the day.

:cheers: