General thoughts/requests

Do you want a new feature? Let us know about it.
TargetMisser

General thoughts/requests

Post by TargetMisser »

Hi Remus,
First time writing any requests so my apologies if any of these have been addressed before. I searched around but couldn't find them mentioned.

First of all, FABULOUS game and excellent maps. You're doing an outstanding job. Here are some random suggestions:

1)- This may be impossible but is there a way to show how many players are active in each camp from the main camp selection menu? Right now it's kinda hit and miss as to where players can be found. This means each map and then multi-player mode has to be loaded and searched through to see if anyone's in there. If there was an indication that okay...9 players are in The Forgotten City you would know to go straight there instead of the other empty camps.

2)- The spotlights in the Mercenary Camps during the night mode are great. Are there plans to introduce them to other camps? e.g. streetlamps light up in Necro City or Frozen City? Illuminated building signs as well? Not sure how this complicates things from a programming/operational point of view. Just think it'd be cool. Hey...headights on some of the vehicles while you're at it. :)

3)- Also I think it would be great to be able to climb some of those light towers or other narrow water towers in the Mercenary camp in order to shoot from them. May not be possible.

4) How about higher access to some of the other buildings or rooftops in Frozen City? The ability to get on the balcony of the 3d Theatre in NecroCity or ontop of the shed between there and the cop station? I think it would introduce more hiding spots and change the element of play.

5) A quick and easy one: how about lowering part of the height of some of the planters in Frozen City like infront of the Infodata store.

Sorry, I know these are a lot of requests all at once. Just stuff I've been thinking about so thought I'd throw them all in together for your consideration or outright dismissal.

Thanks for your time and keep up the fantastic work!
Remus

Re: General thoughts/requests

Post by Remus »

1) if you have the Pro Package you can access the Online Players list.
Also you can see the usernames in every camp.
2) a cool city night mode in NCY and FZC is a must.
I will get back to those maps as soon as possible.
3) those towers have not been design for that.
Also the "ladder" behaviour is not implemented (it's available in Hopeless - The Prison only).
In a multiplayer game, to enable the ladders, new animations and extra broadcasted data are required.
4) and 5) when I'll get back to NCY and FZC.
As general rule: higher polycount = lower frame rate.
Especially in a browser based game, where the access to system resources is limited.

Thanks for feedback.
:cheers: