Cheater? Or just more skill?

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
slapshot

Cheater? Or just more skill?

Post by slapshot »

PsycoShooter,
You and I spent some time in the ABC camp about a week ago, (December 6 if I'm not mistaken). While the camp was full, you seemed to be just fine. (Other than calling Fuku a hack). As soon as the camp emptied and it was just you and I, you got very frustrated and began calling me a cheater.

You said I "used the shotgun like a sniper rifle" (which I took as a compliment). You also asked "how did I know where you were every time you spawned"? (Which I will also take as a compliment).

I said, when you play this game long enough, you build up skills. You then began calling me a cheater and accused me of hacking. I told you the game was almost impossible to hack. I also then told you I was a moderator, and suggested you look me up on the forum. You said "I don't have to look you up, I know exactly what you are all about. I know a hack when I see one".

I just want to point out to you, I'm none of those things. I've never cheated nor attempted to hack this, or any other game on the 'net.

But at one time, I did share your frustration. It seemed like every time I was the one getting killed while everyone else piled up frags. But I also realized, these players were simply better than I was. They had learned the game and were playing smarter than I was. I began recognizing these players and complimented them on their skills. And you know what? They began to teach me how to play better. They began to encourage me and celebrated when I reached a 1000 frags. And again when I reached 2000 frags, and again when I reached 5000. They taught me how to watch a spawn point for that momentary "glimpse" of a player about to spawn. They taught me how to hide and snipe (like the little ratone that I am!). After a while, I began to teach others how to get better. I gave them tips.

I say this because I am not angry with you for calling me a cheat. I do understand the frustration. But take the time to ask a player how they do it. You might be surprised at the answer you get. This game is built around a community. And there are some pretty good people in this community that will take the time to help others succeed in this game. It's something that makes us all feel like a family and want to invite and welcome newcomers into.

In short, if you want to learn how I managed to kill you 20 times to 1 of your kills, just ask me. I'm more than happy to share!

:biggthumbsup: :cheers:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

Fuku

Re: Cheater? Or just more skill?

Post by Fuku »

WOW, very good post Steve. You wrote truth about beginner camps. I always try to give advices players who have less then 10000 frags, and wrote to me in english or polish. Good example is player DeathXlord he playing at APC. After my advices and few days practice, he plays better and better every day. Now he can kill me one on one, both have same weapon. He have now more then 7000 frags. I have every day situations when someone call me haker or cheater. For me this is normal in begineer camps. :cheers:
I always have you at gunpoint