What a Series !!!!!!!

Talk about anything you like, but advertising is not allowed.
Shashwat

What a Series !!!!!!!

Post by Shashwat »

Right now, 20-20 Cricket Match is going on between India and Pakistan.
So far, they have played two matches out of three and result is 1-1.
It's always so much fun watching both the teams!
Whichever team wins is secondary, Cricket always wins in their series.
You can see best of players against equally best counter parts!

One more to go, and it would be equally thrilling a match like these first two!
It's a game till last ball, as you can never guess till last whose going to win!
I have Faith in my Creator!!!
Shashwat

Re: What a Series !!!!!!!

Post by Shashwat »

Well, I need to correct my facts!
It was an only 2 match series, which is leveled!
The CUP goes to both the teams!
haha!!!!!!!
:agree:
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

:agree:
Sgt_Saunders

Post by Sgt_Saunders »

Not know the rules of Cricket being a Baseball coach my self, but if both teams win and its a tie isn't it like kissing your sister? Just wondering! :think:
Shashwat

Post by Shashwat »

Sgt_Saunders wrote:Not know the rules of Cricket being a Baseball coach my self, but if both teams win and its a tie isn't it like kissing your sister? Just wondering! :think:
Well, there's no exaggeration or going over the top if I say, India and Pakistan are two sister countries, so if you wonder so, maybe you are right!
:smile:

A series has more than one match to be played between two or more countries. The ultimate winner is decided on who won more matches amongst given no of matches in a series. If there are more than two countries then, obviously there would be a single winner, but when there are only two countries and only even no. of matches, if both countries wins same no. of matches, there is no clear winner of the series and there being no rule of a tie breaker, the winner are declared both.......
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Shashwat wrote:
Sgt_Saunders wrote:Not know the rules of Cricket being a Baseball coach my self, but if both teams win and its a tie isn't it like kissing your sister? Just wondering! :think:
Well, there's no exaggeration or going over the top if I say, India and Pakistan are two sister countries, so if you wonder so, maybe you are right!

A series has more than one match to be played between two or more countries. The ultimate winner is decided on who won more matches amongst given no of matches in a series. If there are more than two countries then, obviously there would be a single winner, but when there are only two countries and only even no. of matches, if both countries wins same no. of matches, there is no clear winner of the series and there being no rule of a tie breaker, the winner are declared both.......
But no "play-off" match to decide the real winner? No wonder cricket hasn't caught on in popularity in the States! (Just joking) :lol: :cheers:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

freekarol

Post by freekarol »

slapshot wrote:
Shashwat wrote:
Sgt_Saunders wrote:Not know the rules of Cricket being a Baseball coach my self, but if both teams win and its a tie isn't it like kissing your sister? Just wondering! think

But no "play-off" match to decide the real winner? No wonder cricket hasn't caught on in popularity in the States! (Just joking) :lol: :cheers:
Cricket is not popular in my country too. But I could say the same about football. Soccer and Ice Hockey is very popular here. :D
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

Cricket is not popular in my country too. But I could say the same about football. Soccer and Ice Hockey is very popular here. :D
I agree with you freekarol. Same here in Croatia, we love soccer, waterpolo and handball. But there is interesting game that we play in Split (my hometown). It's called picigin! You can find more here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtf7eh3pIs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The game is played during all year! The weather is no issue (rain, snow, wind, cold ....) We even have world championship!!!
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

profesorhr wrote:
I agree with you freekarol. Same here in Croatia, we love soccer, waterpolo and handball. But there is interesting game that we play in Split (my hometown). It's called picigin! You can find more here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtf7eh3pIs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The game is played during all year! The weather is no issue (rain, snow, wind, cold ....) We even have world championship!!!
Intriguing. But I can't help but say, it might be more fun to watch the women play this game!
:mrgreen: :biggthumbsup:
“Crunchy goodness in every box!”

freekarol

Post by freekarol »

profesorhr wrote:
I've never seen picigin. I must check it out. :smile:
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
Shashwat

Post by Shashwat »

slapshot wrote:
Shashwat wrote:

hehe!
You are right Steve!
And,
when a series if predefined for a given number of matches, only that many are played so no play-offs in general series matches. But if there is any major tournament like World Cup or anything, there are tie breaking rules!

:)
Shashwat

Post by Shashwat »

profesorhr wrote:

Interesting!
:)