Speed of Game.

Talk about Hopeless 2 - Mercenary Camp
Ace---007

Speed of Game.

Post by Ace---007 »

My opinion: I think the game should be faster. For me the speed also never seems to be consistent but that's a minor issue. The biggest problem/annoyance is after the "speeder bar" runs out my character slows down so much it's like you're barely moving or walking in glue.

For me it's much more fun when you can move around quickly with weave and dodge moves.

(1) I hope the speed can be increased around double of what it is now.

(2) I also think it would be great bonus to get an instant full "speeder bar" after every frag too escape into another location. The way the game is now you're basically stuck helplessly near the same spot for the player you just killed too quickly return with full speeder and and get you.

Any input is appreciated. :cheers:
Ace
Molon Labe!
luptatorul87

Re: Speed of Game.

Post by luptatorul87 »

yes it would be great to increase speed.
hawk

Post by hawk »

:smile: I agree here as it seems more like fast walking at the moment.
Feel the fear and do it anyway
freekarol

Post by freekarol »

A zombie walking. This is what happens after you are out of energy to run. Then you have 2 choices: wait for a long time when you can run again or let others kill you. The second chance is much faster to be able to run again. :D
Mentally strong people don't put others down..
Remus

Post by Remus »

Ace---007 wrote:(1) I hope the speed can be increased around double of what it is now.
:shock:
The motion is already unrealistically fast.
Do you want the players to run all the time?
Do you want a game full of "speedhackers"?

p.s.
With low health, the max speed is reduced with 50%.
And I don't intend to change that.
Not only because it's more realistic.
But mainly because YOU don't want another advantage for those with bad connection.
:cheers:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Remus wrote: With low health, the max speed is reduced with 50%.
And I don't intend to change that.
I think you should change it Remus
50% is far to much.
When I have low health, my option are....
Crawl away and hide for 5 minute or hope someone kills me soon :roll:
Ace---007 wrote: The way the game is now you're basically stuck helplessly near the same spot for the player you just killed too quickly return with full speeder and and get you.

Any input is appreciated. :cheers:
Ace
freekarol wrote:A zombie walking. This is what happens after you are out of energy to run. Then you have 2 choices: wait for a long time when you can run again or let others kill you.
:agree:

Remus, I agree with your philosophy. Injured men/women don't move so fast, but in this game 50% is far to much of a disadvantage.
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
Remus

Post by Remus »

Lenny wrote:When I have low health, my option are....
1) kill a crow
2) go to warehouse and buy a medkit
3) let a poor player to get a frag.
:wink:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Remus wrote:
Lenny wrote:When I have low health, my option are....
1) kill a crow
2) go to warehouse and buy a medkit
3) let a poor player to get a frag.
:wink
1) I kill many crows, but still have to wait for run & health to build up :roll:
2) With movements reduced by 50% how do I get to the warehouse :think:
3) Many poor players get frags from me, by choice (in beginners) I don't use armor, DS, landmines.
Against beginners I use shotgun or pistol most of the time. If I don't use these guns I get bored very quickly :roll:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
deamuel

Post by deamuel »

:worship: :pompom:

boss remus the idea of ace007 is nice :agree:
philippine warrior
Remus

Post by Remus »

deamuel wrote:boss remus the idea of ace007 is nice :agree:
Which one?
Double movement speed is out of question.
We can only talk about max speed in case of low health.
Lenny wrote:Remus, I agree with your philosophy. Injured men/women don't move so fast, but in this game 50% is far to much of a disadvantage.
This game does not need a "veteran" in the beginner camps with K/D = 70/7 and the other 7 players with K/D = 1/10.
The current 50% speed in case of low health helps the other 7 players.
But if 50% is too much for you, I'm open to any good idea.
Remus

Post by Remus »

http://www.infdat.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's all you can get.
:mrgreen:
Ace---007

Post by Ace---007 »

Remus wrote:http://www.infdat.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=24
That's all you can get.
:mrgreen:

Remus thx for the modifications, and thanks also for the extra input from fellow players. :agree:

It seems was not the only one frustrated with the slow speed.
(It's just more fun when you can move quickly, dodge and weave.) :biggthumbsup:

Remus,
I truly believe if you also added option (2) to these modifications the game would become even better.

(2) An instant full speeder bar bonus after every frag, so you could then move quickly too another location and fight from there. I believe it's fair for both players to get the the full speeder bonus not just the killed player.

I truly believe this would not only make the game more dynamic, and fun but also draw in more new players as well. :cheers:
Molon Labe!
Remus

Post by Remus »

Ace---007 wrote:Remus,
I truly believe if you also added option (2) to these modifications the game would become even better.

(2) An instant full speeder bar bonus after every frag, so you could then move quickly too another location and fight from there. I believe it's fair for both players to get the the full speeder bonus not just the killed player.

I truly believe this would not only make the game more dynamic, and fun but also draw in more new players as well. :cheers:
I truly believe that will make the "immortals" even more immortals.
manga

Post by manga »

Speed increase indifferent would not be good for players can not enjoy the game and it does not enjoy a veteran. :biggthumbsup:
come to the baban
supreme

Post by supreme »

manga wrote:Speed increase indifferent would not be good for players can not enjoy the game and it does not enjoy a veteran. :biggthumbsup:
Yes Yes :agree: haha, i dont want to move as paralyzed and wishing tht someone kill u so tht u can run again. :P
I just dont like to move slow, not at all.
:
manga

Post by manga »

There is a potential drop in the game and it bores me to tears one does not enter the game as it used to There is a mistake to say that places t find fault with in this discussion We must help remusa I need to wait for everything from remus. :cheers:
come to the baban
Ace---007

Post by Ace---007 »

Remus wrote:
Ace---007 wrote:Remus,

(2) An instant full speeder bar bonus after every frag, so you could then move quickly too another location and fight from there. It's just fair for both players to get the the full speeder bonus not just the killed player.

This would not only make the game more dynamic, and fun but also draw in more new players as well in my opinion. :cheers:
I truly believe that will make the "immortals" even more immortals.

I haven't found a player yet who likes slow speed posting here or in the game by those who don't post in the forum.

Quickly moving around the maps is simply more enjoyable play. :agree:

More fun play = more players that stick with the game after they try it. (similar too a visiting a good restaurant) If this ultimately results in a few more immortals running around from time to time, that's much preferable too empty maps shooting chickens and crows. We still have the option of locking a map or moving to a different one too.

Adding an instant full speeder bar bonus after every frag to the recent speed increase would make the game much better in my opinion. Why not give it a try for a while, or some modification of this idea?
Molon Labe!
Remus

Post by Remus »

Ace---007 wrote:Adding an instant full speeder bar bonus after every frag to the recent speed increase would make the game much better in my opinion. Why not give it a try for a while, or some modification of this idea?
No more bonuses for those with high K/D ratio.
Most of them are "immortals" with bad connection anyway.
The main goal is "fun for everyone".
:wink:

p.s.
If you didn't know: now if you kill chickens and crows, you get stamina.
So basically, you can run all the time.
deamuel

Post by deamuel »

:pompom: :biggthumbsup: :worship: :mrgreen:
philippine warrior
juan507

Post by juan507 »

the speed in the game was fine :? if u shot to someone he/she must not run because is injured :?
Fair Play ...... Not Cheat
John_H

Post by John_H »

You are damn right :twisted:
Brigata HG
profesorhr

Post by profesorhr »

juan507 wrote:if u shot to someone he/she must not run because is injured :?
Not quite right! Didn't you see Rambo 1,2,3,4,5 movie. He was running all the time :mrgreen:
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstien
John_H

Post by John_H »

he was running a cheating program for big Actors!!!

(hot pepper in the ass) :mrgreen:
Brigata HG
Ace---007

Post by Ace---007 »

juan507 wrote: if u shot to someone he/she must not run because is injured :?
When you shoot someone repeatedly they die, they don't come back to life in 3 seconds or ever. Well that's realistic yet would really suck.... :lalala:

I (like most) dig the new full speeder with a crow shot + the speed increases Remus :biggthumbsup: :cheers:
Molon Labe!
By_zeus

Post by By_zeus »

I think,Run fast should not be in team matches. :cheers:
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Why not :think: